Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SkipRat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
This is my character creation screen, as I have to start the entire campaign over again because the game I was playing is bugged, so I can't get Selune's Spear of Night, and both Isobel and Dame Aylin are not appearing in my camp... Again.

So I can't continue my current campaign and I can't start a new one. 100's of hours wasted and not been able to complete the game once thanks to these bugs.

One of the most over hyped (still a good game) and bugged games ever.

Yes this occurs with and without mods installed...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by SkipRat; 24/07/24 11:54 AM.
old hand
old hand
This ususally happened when you installed mods without the "mod fixer" mod. Maybe you should try to install that last onbe also if you haven't.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Character creation yes, other things no. The spear of night and Isobel/Aylin not appearing in camp shouldn't make it impossible to progress to Act 3, though?

I myself have had struggles with Act 2 NPCs disappearing -- lots of people did, actually. I also killed Shadowheart early because most often she was bugged in a patch. This is a major inconvenience, but not much more.

The shar version of the spear can give you a massive AoE nuke in the hands of a paladin, but otherwise, this weapon isn't that good. My guess for character creation is that you do not have modfixer, and/or tried to deinstall a mod improperly. Not all are easy to remove without damaging game files.

S
SkipRat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I have tried with mods including fixer mod and with no mods at all, even after verifying all the game files.

It sucks, I can't start a new game and can't complete my old one.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Why can you not complete the old one? You do not need those two in camp to progress to Act 3.

S
SkipRat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
That is not the point, I can't complete their quest and I don't get the legendary item. What the point of a game that gives you options then the options bug out.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by SkipRat
That is not the point, I can't complete their quest and I don't get the legendary item. What the point of a game that gives you options then the options bug out.
I've missed lots of stuff because of bugs. I'm down an entire companion because he flat out disappeared. I've spend about 20 hours bug fixing total, and it could have been much more, had I not killed Shadowheart or attempted to fix more. However, you really need to roll with the blows and move on. This is the game a year post release. It will never reach 0 bugs. The Selune style of the Weapon is genuinely trash, it doesn't matter.

S
SkipRat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Silver/
Originally Posted by SkipRat
I've missed lots of stuff because of bugs. I'm down an entire companion because he flat out disappeared. I've spend about 20 hours bug fixing total, and it could have been much more, had I not killed Shadowheart or attempted to fix more. However, you really need to roll with the blows and move on. This is the game a year past release. It will never reach 0 bugs.
Like hell.

Sorry, but you might not be bothered with getting mugged off, but I am. I paid my money, I spent 100's of hour of my life for the game to keep bugging out.

Now unless you have solution that fixes this, the please keep how you play your games to yourself.

And I can't even start a new game now.

So I have a bugged game with a bugged out character quest and no chance of a new game.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I have about half a dozen what some people feel to be "Larian Hate Posts". I do get mugged off. I've sworn to never purchase a Larian game again, in fact.

However, you can either do as I did and get to complete the game, or you can abandon it. Restart the game now and I give you a 50/50 chance of Halsin's disappearing Act and the Shadowlands never being cleansed. Now that's an actually game altering bug.

S
SkipRat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Silver/
I have about half a dozen what some people feel to be "Larian Hate Posts". I do get mugged off. I've sworn to never purchase a Larian game again, in fact.

However, you can either do as I did and get to complete the game, or you can abandon it. Restart the game now and I give you a 50/50 chance of Halsin's disappearing Act and the Shadowlands never being cleansed. Now that's an actually game altering bug.

Please explain to me how to start to a new game, I can't.

Go on, I will give you £1500 if you can tell me how.

old hand
old hand
After killing Ketheric Thorm, did all of your company follow through the portal (I had one that remained ungrouped and stayed brehind alone, so I couldn't advance until that one was repatriated. I did have a company > 4 here though with the party limit begone mod, and didn't even notice this hireling was missing from the group)

Other thing, did you return to the throne room after the fight ? Depending on the party you have, you may have some dialogues waiting for you there . Certainly if you have Minthara in the party.
If you have saved after the Ketheric fight, you could retry from there maybe , and check out the throne room before returning to camp.

Last edited by ldo58; 24/07/24 01:57 PM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
That's all? If you really want to screw yourself over:
1. Deinstall the game
2. Delete any backup you may have of savegames.
3. Download the game again

9/10 times, that solves this particular issue. You usually get it from damaged savegames or other residue. In the same 9/10 cases, this happens through mods. It could happen on its own some patches back, but is virtually unknown to happen in patch 6.

R
stranger
stranger
R

Ok, i will tell you how:

Clear any mod leftovers or anything that doesn't belong, from all game related folders.
If you are unable to do so, due to lacking the necessary skills, you can just delete all game related folders and then reinstall the game.
Do not bother with "verifying game files" or anything like that - that might fix corrupted game files, but it won't get rid of garbage or mod leftovers - which is what often breaks the game.

Now, about those £1500... contact me via PM, where i can give you the account number to where to send the money.
Thank you very much.

Last edited by Roggvir; 24/07/24 02:18 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Roggvir

Ok, i will tell you how:

Clear any mod leftovers or anything that doesn't belong, from all game related folders.
If you are unable to do so, due to lacking the necessary skills, you can just delete all game related folders and then reinstall the game.
Do not bother with "verifying game files" or anything like that - that might fix corrupted game files, but it won't get rid of garbage or mod leftovers - which is what often breaks the game.

Now, about those £1500... contact me via PM, where i can give you the account number to where to send the money.
Thank you very much.

Well for £1500 he could buy a fine new gaming computer and reinstall from scratch without the hassle of removing corrupt files from obscure folders.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Yeah honestly, I'm also blaming this one on improperly deinstalled mods. It's just not enough to disable them in the modmanager sometimes, and verrifying files does not fix any of the possible issues. Deinstalling a mod is several times more dangerous than installing one. Even updating them is risky.

This is why it's so incredibly important to vet your mods and read instructions carefully. Once your game is fucked, you have to go scorched earth. Delete anything and everything. The only game "without mods" is a genuine blank slate that never had any installed.

The biggest mod handling tip I can give someone is to only get more mods if you can bear losing old runs, and to start whatever new run with all chosen mods installed at the start. Only deinstall mods if you want to delete old runs, the same goes for updating them. If you're halfway picky, installing mods can be gentle on the game, but deinstalling never is. Nonetheless, some mods can be incompatible, so don't expect installs mid-run to always be okay.

When in doubt and forced to deinstall mid run, ask the creator of a mod for instruction. Unless they've already provided said instructions -- veteran mod makers usually do. Example instructions from a weapons mod: throw all modded gear down a cliff optimally, but at minimum make sure none is equipped.

S
SkipRat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Done that you arrogant witless wonder. I wouldn't be asking on the forum if I hadn't had done that... Oh... and that was fresh install of the game that the screen shot was taken from...

I hate people like you who think you know everything and just assume to know everything about the other posters and blame them.

I have uninstalled the game and if I could would ask for my money back.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Sounds like the words of someone who isn't ready to pay up after messing with folders for a whole day... and coming to the unfortunate conclusion that they need to start over smile. This extent of damage to game files does not come from nothing. We are not fools here. Between using verification of files as an argument and temper tantrums, we know you're a choleric newbie modder.

Link Copied to Clipboard