Guess it's abandoned....

phoub
R
ratbaby Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Any chance we can get an update on this? Is it still being worked on?

E
stranger
stranger
E
My group of 3 still hasn't ever been able to play the last third of the game since release last year because of this issue, sadly. We keep retrying every month or so and It always happens to us as soon as any 3rd person joins, and only in Lower City. Restarting a campaign, reinstalling, changing host, and changing the SSD Load setting didn't help. Really hope we can still play Act 3 as a group someday.

O
stranger
stranger
O
It's been almost 9 months me and my party can't finish the campaign because of this problem (and we can't do it separately, we dreamed of doing it together). Seems it lies somewhere deep in the engine and there will be no solution, I don't see any other explanation on this silence.

T-posed handsdown.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Or even 10 or 11, I joined 9 months ago to this forum to discuss this issue.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Joined to see if anyone else was having this issue, so this is a depressing read. I don't want to have to give up on the game after all these hours, but I can't see how we can get any further. I dread going back to camp or to a new area because I know it'll bug out.

D
DJT Offline
stranger
stranger
D
I have a solution that's worked for a friend and I. It's not a fix per se, but my friend and I are almost finished with Act 3 and we nearly have our golden dice!

The issue started once we entered the Lower City. As some of you have pointed out in this forum, it happens when entering the Lower City via door, portals, passageways etc., so any entrance that shows the 'Use mouse' icon over it (small mouse icon with the two gears below) to enter the Lower City will cause the crash.

Furthermore, using the Leave Camp button will also cause the game to crash if you used the Return to Camp button while inside the Lower City.

And finally, we have found the joinee's game crashes before they can even load into the host's server if their character's last location was in the Lower City.

Dealing with the last issue first: Firstly, the host should move the joinee's character out of the Lower City to Camp or a dungeon. Then, we found that joinee is always able to join when they drop their video quality settings to the lowest pre-sets from the options in the game's main menu. Then they can either join via Steam invite or lobby searching. This gets the joinee into the server. That's the first hurdle overcome.

The solution to the crashing is quite simple, when entering the Lower City, always enter via a map waypoint. Just open your map and click a waypoint.

Crashes still occasionally happen this way, but we've found that if the joinee also drops their video quality settings to their lowest before fast-travelling, this tends to avoid crashes quite consistently. The video quality settings can be returned to the joinee's preference after entering a dungeon (or any other entrance) that uses the 'Use' mouse icon. Just remember to lower the video settings again before fast-travelling back into the Lower City.

Once you enter the Lower City via a waypoint, you could increase your video settings again, but we found this increases the likelihood of a crash while exploring the area. I found playing at the lowest video quality was a small price to pay for the fun of playing through Act 3 with my friend.

Of course, accidents happen. It's very easy to forget about entering the Lower City via a waypoint. Your game will crash when this happens. But, all you need to do is Force Quit the game, get the host to move your character back to camp, drop your video quality settings back down the lowest from the Main Menu, and then rejoin the lobby (the same way I mentioned above).

I hope this helps. I hope it works for you as it has for my friend and I! Maybe when Patch 7 comes out in September this issue might be fixed, but until then, give this a try. Good luck!

(I should say that the joinee in our case was playing on the Mac version of the game with an M1 Pro 32GB and usually runs the game at ultra video quality where applicable with FSR turned off. We were also playing as origin characters, not Tav's, but since joinee Tavs remain the server even if the joinee themselves isn't in the server, I see no reason why this wouldn't also work for Tav playthroughs too).

O
stranger
stranger
O
I'm glad to hear you found a 'solution'!

And still it is to complex, after all these months of tryouts and spiritual rituals I just want an official and simple one haha

W
stranger
stranger
W
Xbox Series X player here.

I'm playing split screen co-op with my wife but it's also constantly crashing in the lower city region.

I can't play more than 5 minutes in co-op without a crash.

We need a fix! It's been like this for months!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by FaeOfTheMallows
so this is a depressing read.

Man, is it. Wife and I just became victims after 110 hours. We share a very meticulous play style (essentially save scumming), so none of these 'quick fixes' really work for us, either.

Just bumping this thread to keep it active, though it looks like that's not a problem, lol.

stranger
stranger
We have the same issue, whenever I get the T-Pose Bug or other non playable Bug as a client, the host has to go into the camp, save and reinvite me after I killed the game with the Task Manager. I read somewhere that the host is loading some files faster than the client, makes sense if you are in the city of Baldur's Gate. In the camp there are less files to load. Back in the Game you can port everywhere.
I still hope they fix this, happend to me 3-4 times in a session and you loose quiet some time and time is precious.

The only saw I saw is the saw I saw with.
-Torins Passage-
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I'm encountering the same issues. As a guest player in my friend's game, we've racked up over 70 hours and are struggling through Act 3. I can't load into any area without setting my settings to the lowest possible and hoping for the best. We've even started splitting up, with me staying in the city and avoiding any teleports or "gear shaped" door teleports. If we need to enter a basement or similar area, my friend ventures alone and shares his screen via Discord so I can still participate. This situation is incredibly frustrating and causing me to miss a lot of the game. We had no issues in Act 1 or Act 2; we breezed through those acts.

I'm not sure if anyone will read this, but I wanted to share my thoughts. It might help if they split the city into smaller zones, effectively reducing the map size. We didn’t have problems until we reached the Lower City in Act 3. Crossing the bridge there caused a crash, and it keeps crashing every time, likely due to rendering too much at once. I’d prefer dealing with more loading screens than crashing continuously because of excessive rendering. This might not resolve the host/guest game issue entirely, but it could help.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Is there still no news about this? My friends and I were going to start a 4 person campaign together but now I'm reluctant if there is no guarantee that after 100 hours we won't get stuck in this problem

F
stranger
stranger
F

A
stranger
stranger
A
I found a solution!

I, host, cleaned up dead bodies by right clicking each body and selecting "pick up". I then went to another place and stashed the bodies in a chest. After all the dead bodies in the vicinity were safely tucked away, the other player could join and load the game flawlessly.

Sweet relief.

O
stranger
stranger
O
We've started a new game to make a clean save and to try to get to the act 3 again; Ran into the same problem during the Act 1! It was not so brutal as it was in act 3, but it was a clear message. I suppose this problem was get worse after patch 5 and even possibly not related to the act 3 at all in the end.

L
stranger
stranger
L
This is a really interesting method, got the same problem as soon as we entered the lower city, constant crashes when trying to teleport. The strangest thing is that we have already completed 2 playthroughs before this and did not encounter this problem. I thought the game became harder for PC after the updates and my HDD can't handle Act 3 anymore. I bought a new SSD, but the problem did not disappear.. After lowering the settings from ultra-high to medium and using teleportation stones, it crashed once every 2-3 teleportations.. still not good.. I will try to reduce it to a minimum, I hope all your advice will help us finish this honor run.. thx

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard