Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by iBowfish
You sound so familiar Matrix3000, but it looks like you've just joined...I think you and the OP would really get along. I can't wait to listen to the two of you banter back and forth together when they return!

Cheers!

Be nice lol

Last edited by Boblawblah; 06/04/23 03:32 PM.
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Originally Posted by iBowfish
You sound so familiar Matrix3000, but it looks like you've just joined...I think you and the OP would really get along. I can't wait to listen to the two of you banter back and forth together when they return!

Cheers!

Be nice lol

Who me? 😁
I am nice!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
To me, much better question is if there really was such a thing as "Vanila WoW brilliance" ...
We were young, naive, and much more forgiving than we are now ... there was lots of things Vanila WoW did wrong ... but we dont even remember those ... what we remember is good stuff, packed with memories that cant be repeated, and lots of nostalgia.

Point is: No game is ever as good as your beloved classic ... not even that beloved classic itself. wink

I mean, I played Vanilla WoW on a private EU server not less than a few years ago and I had a blast. In fact I have played through 3 iterations of private servers on Light's Hope, and later Elysium. I was reminded of how absolutely brilliant - although flawed of course - the original was.

The biggest problem with the original software is that it had a hard time keeping up with all the ways people learned to cheat later and the software that enabled it. You really do need an active GM community or a smart AI that can keep tabs on all that.

Even Classic WoW was pretty solid, although I disagree with them making encounters and the world itself less difficult. It was still a lot of fun.

Even now there is a significant community that still plays on private servers - 20 years after that game released. The Graphics are still very good.

Blackheifer
M
Banned
Banned
M
Ashes of Creation MMO NEW Alpha 2 Details

When does Ashes of Creation MMO NEW Alpha 2 start? End of 2023. Example November or December 2023. How long will Alpha 2 be? We do not know example maybe 6 months that is a guess I really do not know. That does not mean that BETA will start when Alpha 2 end they have said nothing about Beta.

Ashes of Creation MMO possible release date? I do not know, but guess October- December 2024 or during year 2025. Please understand I could be wrong and perhaps Ashes of Creation MMO release date could be so late as year 2026. However I would guess end of 2024 or year 2025.

Deep details:

Well details are more for those who know the basic stuff already.

Here are some basic information below:
Ashes of Creation MMO
+ Unreal 5 engine. Excellent graphics!
+ Subfee but not pay to win. You can buy cosmetics from cash shop.
+ Trinity Tank, healer and dps.
+ Long time to level up compare to World of Warcraft when it was released.
+ Crafting exist.
+ You can have own household maybe even a castle and you can have NPC guards staff etc.
+ Many races and classes.
+ Many mounts.
+ Sea, rivers underwater. Ships.
+ Many kind of monsters including also Dragons.
+ High fantasy.
+ Nodes Civilization systems.
+ Alpha 2 towards end of 2023 and this is made by professionals not a SCAM game.
+ Ashes of Creation MMO is also hyped to KINGDOM COME after all they aim for 500 vs 500 PvP with Unreal 5 graphics but I believe when/if I see it but none the less huge PvP fights possible. I would not be surprised if the say in Ashes of Creation PvP 500 vs 500 is impossible maximum size will be 300 vs 300 (or 400 vs 400).
Neutral: There are some instanced PvE Dungeons but if I understand all or most Raids are Open World and yes PvP group can attack PvE players in Raid.
Neutral: Full PvP world. There ares some sanctions for high level that kill low level but nothing preventing from doing that in PvP.
- System requirements are farily high if you want to play maximum huge PvP battles.
- Hardcore I believe it will exp penalty on death!
- This is old school there is group finder for Dungeons or Raids. This MMO tries hardcore be like very old
World of Warcraft MMO or perhaps Everquest.

I have not played Ashes of Creation MMO ALPHA because it cost 500 euro to buy the game now with ALPHA access. I have played BG 3 Early Access though and I have bought BG3.

Last edited by Matrix3000; 08/04/23 09:20 AM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Oof. Made it a whole 3 days before the ban. I think a more viable strat would be changing the content, style, and frequency of the posts to get a new personal best.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Oof. Made it a whole 3 days before the ban. I think a more viable strat would be changing the content, style, and frequency of the posts to get a new personal best.

The long paragraphs, multiple video links and '+' bullet points was a bit too on the nose I think.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
We don’t always (or even usually) comment publicly on suspensions or bans, but I feel I should say that ban or suspension evasion by creating alternative accounts is not acceptable, and such accounts are subject to immediate permanent bans, or at least banning as soon as we spot/get round to it, irrespective of whether any content posted from the new account itself breaches forum rules. Any posts made from such accounts may also be deleted at moderator discretion. Additional sanctions might also be applied to the primary account, up to and including making suspensions to that permanent.

If anyone disagrees with their suspension or ban, they should contact Larian support to make the case for their reinstatement rather than create duplicate accounts.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

The long paragraphs, multiple video links and '+' bullet points was a bit too on the nose I think.
At least it was a longplay this time and not a bunch of speedruns like the last ban-evader. Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't think speedrunning is the way ban-evasion is meant to be played.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
enthusiast
enthusiast
Greedfall shares many of the same themes, really fun one.

K
stranger
stranger
K
If you're looking for games besides BG3, try math playground. It's fun and educational, perfect for a quick break!

Last edited by Kalemi; 18/07/24 09:43 AM.
addict
addict
Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't think speedrunning is the way ban-evasion is meant to be played.

Ha ha

enthusiast
enthusiast
Prey (2017).

And Weird West.

Prey may appear a little off-beat to some here, in particular as it visually looks like an FPS. But there's quite a few design ethos shared between BG3 and both of those games -- on top of them having a few traditional RPG mechanics.

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/rp...players-but-we-dont-like-that-at-larian/

You encounter the Githyanki leader Voss in Act 1, and if you follow his questline through to completion, he'll give Lae'zel a legendary sword in Act 3. Kostov agrees that this is the best sword for melee Githyanki builds, so obviously players figured out a way to get it in Act 1 by casting the Heat Metal spell, which makes characters drop metal weapons, on Voss.

[...]

"The easy thing would be to block players from using Heat Metal on Voss," Kostov explains. "But we don't like that at Larian. We love this sort of stuff so let's fully support it. Let players keep the cool weapon. They found a way to exploit the game, let them have it, it's awesome. And rewrite Laezel's dialog to make sure it works in Act 1. This might mean recording new lines, it might mean hiding some of the lines, but supporting the player's creativity is awesome. We found out later there's actually a wiki page for this exploit. It's super long too. That's awesome."

https://gameworldobserver.com/2024/02/09/what-is-immersive-sim-raphael-colantonio-interview

You basically let the player cheat the game

Last edited by Sven_; 25/07/24 08:07 AM.
One game I would recommend after having played Baldur's Gate 3 would be Red Dead Redemption 2, what they share despite being different types of games is how everything performance captured, gives that fluid feeling to the world and everything around it when done right.
Another strong vibe these games share is the intensity of atmosphere and a feeling of immersion when you play it for the very first time.

Last edited by Xenonian; 25/07/24 09:02 PM.
old hand
old hand
Ofc

T
T
Well, I finished my run of The Witcher about a week ago. Really enjoyed the final chapter, which seemed to really pick out what that game was best at after a rather slow previous chapter. Now I've just started Cyberpunk 2077, the next in my queue of games I had to wait until I got a new graphics card to run.

Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard