Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I tried to pickpocket Withers.
After one attempt, the other members became hostile. This led to a combat where Scratch , Barcus Wroot and Halsin were killed. Gale joined teh fight and i couldn't control him.

Since its my Honor mode run, I cant reload another save.
I'm also playingo n adrka Urge run.

Is this normal? or not. All the others failed attempts at pickpocketing didn't lead to a battle.

Last edited by Blackbird; 26/07/24 11:36 PM.
old hand
old hand
I don't pickpocket much, but when I do , I always ungroup and let the thief hide, so there's at least some indication of witnesses seeing/hearing them. (Same goes for stealing red items from the floor)

Last edited by ldo58; 27/07/24 12:47 PM.
V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Never tried it.

Does he even have anything to pickpocket? I mean he can't be killed and won't attack so maybe he can't be pickpocketed.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I've never tried this in honour mode in particular, but I know people have had all kinds of issues in camp. Accidentally hitting a companion or any other trigger for hostility can uncommonly ruin your run. It's not worth it. Been that way for ages. *Probably* technically a bug.

It can even lead to companions becoming perma-hostile, and returning to that state each time they're revived. If you can revive them at all.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Veilburner
Never tried it.

Does he even have anything to pickpocket? I mean he can't be killed and won't attack so maybe he can't be pickpocketed.

He doesn't have anything, unless you've used him to respec then he has the 200g you paid him.

Normally, it's completely free to do so because he himself doesn't react to anything you do (Some people have used him as a target dummy to test out attacks). But camp can be buggy af...

Link Copied to Clipboard