Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hello people!!

New here, i was wondering if BG3 will have keyboard and mouse support on consoles, especially for Series S.

It's the only console i could afford to buy, and i really want to experience this game in the best way possible. I know the controller support is supposed to be great but, since there is so many updates to this game, i wondered if this feature will be included somewhat.

Thank you all for the attention!

Last edited by Hugo Leonardo; 17/07/24 04:43 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
We’ve been waiting for almot a year and Larian hasn’t even said anything. Like cmon at least tell us what the problem is

F
stranger
stranger
F
As a PC player, I actually started this game because my nephew recommended it to me. While the game is actually pretty good and I can tolerate the point and click in combat, if I had to point and click for the whole game, I would have refunded it on day one. Especially with how brain dead some of the pathing can be at times.

Those PC mods actually got them a purchase of the game from a player who would have given up before it even started otherwise. Even now, if the Keyboard and Mouse mods broke, I doubt I would have the resolve to keep playing.

Last edited by Fuguss; 23/07/24 02:30 AM.
veteran
veteran
I don't even own the game on console (nor I plan to) but I'm completely sympathetic to this request. If a console was all I had as an option, I'd pray to get mouse and keyboard support as well.

I wouldn't play a game in this genre (party-based, top down view, tactical combat) with a controller if I was paid to do it.

Point and click is the most natural and intuitive way to interact with this type of gameplay. People who inherently dislike it "because reasons" strike me as borderline mental.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
So you would recomend the controller to play BG3 right?

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Fuguss
As a PC player, I actually started this game because my nephew recommended it to me. While the game is actually pretty good and I can tolerate the point and click in combat, if I had to point and click for the whole game, I would have refunded it on day one. Especially with how brain dead some of the pathing can be at times.

Those PC mods actually got them a purchase of the game from a player who would have given up before it even started otherwise. Even now, if the Keyboard and Mouse mods broke, I doubt I would have the resolve to keep playing.
I guess it's all comes down to preference, myself I've played nothing but PoE for the past decade, so it suits me really well!

Originally Posted by Tuco
I don't even own the game on console (nor I plan to) but I'm completely sympathetic to this request. If a console was all I had as an option, I'd pray to get mouse and keyboard support as well.

I wouldn't play a game in this genre (party-based, top down view, tactical combat) with a controller if I was paid to do it.

Point and click is the most natural and intuitive way to interact with this type of gameplay. People who inherently dislike it "because reasons" strike me as borderline mental.

Personally I got it on ps5 because I thought it'd be awesome to play on a HDR OLED TV, which undoubtedly is the case.. But knowing I got the shorter end of the stick because of *reasons* just feels bad man. Reading all these critical posts in the forums speaks volumes as to how Larian really are as a company. They're being praised in the public for making a good game, sure thing but they can't even reply to these threads? No moderator / developer activity on here?? What is this... Rest assured I'm not buying a Larian title again.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by FX0x539
I guess it's all comes down to preference, myself I've played nothing but PoE for the past decade, so it suits me really well!

Yeah, its a case of preference. I don't mind point and click for the old school diablo and command and conquer games. For games where you are navigating 3d cities and actually trying to navigate some traps, I would MUCH rather deal with my own input guiding the character around them than the games where I have a big enough issue with the companions springing traps WHILE I in the process of disabling them let alone trying to walk around a fire and not into it.

Personally I got it on ps5 because I thought it'd be awesome to play on a HDR OLED TV, which undoubtedly is the case.. But knowing I got the shorter end of the stick because of *reasons* just feels bad man. Reading all these critical posts in the forums speaks volumes as to how Larian really are as a company. They're being praised in the public for making a good game, sure thing but they can't even reply to these threads? No moderator / developer activity on here?? What is this... Rest assured I'm not buying a Larian title again.

There is actually a decent reason why developers don't respond in suggestion threads many times. It can actually cause more problems for them in the long run. Think of it this way, if they respond specifically to a certain topic too many times or not enough on another, players start reading into that too much, let alone the players who feel their views are special and don't like the fact they aren't being responded to while others are or they actually got responded to but didn't like the answer they got and want to become a Diva over it and try and become "Youtube Famous" over it.

From a drama and a liability perspective, it's safer on their part just to remain silent on these things and only respond sparingly.

Link Copied to Clipboard