Just got through with my first playthrough. No mods. Still reeling. Please meet my Tav: Sava!

Tav'ith'sava hatched at Crèche Ende'zor, deep underneath the Uthangol Mountains, in the Year of the Emerald Sun, 1454DR. She trained in the ways of the soldier but was later sent to a base in the Astral Sea to become a necromancer under the guidance of sa'varsh Di'klathu. The powerful necromancer Di'klathu moved her operation to the fringes of Elturgard in the Year of the Nether Mountain Scrolls, 1486DR. Unbeknownst to Sava, Di'klathu had fallen into disfavour with Tunarath and tried to win it back by providing new magical formulae, healing potions and undead horrors to the fight against the ghaik. This meant that Sava could not rely on supplies from across the mortal plane, but had to learn how to purvey components and ingredients for her disgraced sa'varsh's experiments in the wilderness and societal fringes, trying to hide her Gith-background when moving among the scum of the Sword Coast. Di'klathu's ever more desperate struggle to win back the favour of her queen led her to make the acquaintance of Balthazar and selling Sava to the Absolute. Sava was spending a nice afternoon looking for Rogue's Morsel, WHEN SUDDENLY...

[Linked Image from spiritspiders.com]
[Linked Image from spiritspiders.com]

Until it was replaced on some missions with the Coldbrim Hat and other selected head-gear, this is the same pointed hat she found at the Ravaged Beach with some extra slits for the ears, courtesy of Shadowheart. With her soldier background and Martial Prodigy skills I played Sava like a female gith Gandalph - sword (Phalar Aluve) and staff (mostly Nature's Snare and Staff of Cherished Necromancy). The plan was to play an evil-aligned, mean-spirited Githyanki. Next, an up-to-no-good cleric, a vampire spawn and a githyanki necromancer sneak up on a bunch of humans fleeing from goblins...and decide to side with the druids. There goes a plan.

It was an amazing run that took me only days to a full year to complete due to juggling two jobs and a nursing case in the family. I will never forget exploring the Underdark during a week off and spending a glum Christmas at the Last Light Inn under my own Shadowcurse, freeing Thaniel on New Year's Eve and then heading off to Rosymourn just when temperatures outside dropped to match the higher altitude. My biggest regrets are probably not being able to invest enough time and mind during Act 1 and missing some stuff. The worst was probably
allowing Waukeen's Rest to burn down with everyone inside
because I hadn't understood the passage of time in BG3 yet and got annoyed after an almost TPK.

While I'm not sure if I will ever have the time to play another full run, Sava will live on in my AD&D 2nd Edition home campaign. It was actually a former player who wanted to bring the band back together who invited me to play Baldur's Gate 3 with him and some other former players. While we never got around to more than meeting at the Owlbear cave one afternoon and getting evicted by Mother Owlbear, I sure need to reach out to thank him for this brilliant campaign which I would otherwise have missed. It was really amazing. Thank you, Larian and Sava!