Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
stranger
stranger
A
Do these editors work with beyond divinity by chance? Most of the tools work for divine divinity demo (except props, because it's in text form).

Got NPCS' working. They are just like items, if you aren't in the area where they normally appear, the data set won't be called for them. They can only be added in earlier areas with scripting.

R
Raanar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
BD support was not expected.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Ok, no problem. It's not important at this time, was just curious.

Your editor works except for items (which you already know), but I have an in game workaround for that.

An undo button would be nice, but that's why I keep backups. This editor works so well, I'm sure just about any modder could use it.

In the future (probably after ADDM v1.2) I will write some modding notes, zip it up and post the download so others can have modding documentation to speed things up for others. When they are up, you can host them on your GitHub if you want a copy to host.

At this point I don't think I have anymore suggestions for your editor. It's not like it needs very much, it's already highly functional. Though you may want to get some friends to make some translations (french, Spanish, etc) in the future, but probably not needed yet until people take a more active interest in it first.

R
Raanar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Can you provide more details about the non-working items?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Mostly things like potions, food, drinks, armor or weapons. You can see them in game, when you highlight them nothing shows, and you can't pick them up or use them.

A
stranger
stranger
A
The items issue hasn't been much of a problem for me since I can copy what's on the map, create a savegame and edit the item, than inject that savegame data into the main folder so changes are permanent (like making mithril armor have Intelligence requirements, or creating starting gear that the game can't change into broken/wrecked/destroyed/cracked or worn gear).

Doing this allowed me to bypass the items problem in the editor and have finished ADDM v1.2. this will be the last update of ADDM for quite a while since there is very little more I can do or add without scripting.

Anyway if you want more spotlight on your mod tools, I can create a reddit account and announce your tools and my mod on there to drum up more interest quicker. If you need more time to work on your mod tools before I post on reddit, I can wait until you are ready to receive more attention if you still need the time.

R
Raanar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I think it will be possible to do this after the release of the new version of the editor. Maybe there will be a person there who will help to make normal sorting of objects on the screen laugh

A
stranger
stranger
A
Still having problems with adding any new NPCs. What version of the game are you developing the editor with? I am using steam 1.00062, not sure if digital, disk or regional versions are different but may want to look into that

As far as the NPC issue, if I add any monsters or animals to any area, they are fine for a few seconds than you walk away and come back than they are something different. For example, I added more orcs to aleroth forest (25 orc, 26 borc) and they turn into zombies, dwarves and other things

Example 2, I added more rats to an area in mardaneous's cellar, they were fine at first, when I came back, 1 was a dragon rider and the rest were orcs.

We need a way to copy monsters like we can with objects and decor.

If you need, I can share my DD data files since you and I both have paid copies, but only temporary. Once you download them, the files will be deleted. Just tell me the names of the files you need and I'll leave the extras out to keep the download smaller.

Last edited by ArsTheBright; 05/08/24 08:21 PM.
R
Raanar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
To remove the veil of darkness in the dungeons you need to delete or rename the file global\region.007

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard