Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
J
I promised on another thread that I'd make this. To explain the premise: imagine you have creative control and infinite resources to make what you'd consider the perfect BG3. No limitations. Whatever you want to do, you can. What does that look like? This is not a thread asking for Larian to do these, just an ideal scenario.

Here are some of the petitions I'd make, some sillier than others:

-All companions get the same amount of camp scenes per act, say, 7.
-Companions interact between them and not just in banter
-Short Cazador (him being the Cousin Greg of BG3 jumpscared me in-game)
-SH gets different haircuts instead of just different hair colors depending on her route
-Astarion's magistrate past and accident with the Gur is properly explored (obligatory Astarion inclusion, sorry)
-No Sarevok or Viconia
-Final battle has much less filler
-Less walking NPCs and NPCs that just say trivial statements like "ahh the weather's nice"
-Mizora in human form

EDIT: I just realised this is probably the incorrect board for this thread, sorry about that ^^U Mods feel free to move it to general!

Last edited by jinetemoranco; 12/08/24 07:38 PM.
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by jinetemoranco
-SH gets different haircuts instead of just different hair colors depending on her route

"It's not a phase mom!" shadowheartgiggle

J
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
J
Originally Posted by papercut_ninja

"It's not a phase mom!" shadowheartgiggle
Breaks my heart we could've had this :P. There were two different hairstyles datamined. One's named Shadowheart_Evil and the other Shadowheart_Good or something like that. Currently the game only uses the "good" one and changes the colors. Oh, another petition,
Make Shadowheart's icon reflect the hair color change!! This one's actually pretty reasonable to be fair

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
-Companions interact between them and not just in banter

Expanding upon this, more interpersonal relations, especially conflicts (I am here for the drama!)

I
old hand
old hand
I
Oh boy.

- Dangerous tadpoles.
- At least 2 more companions (bard and monk).
- Helia.
- No Withers, death is scary.
- Halsin is no companion but stays in act 2.
- Original "Halsin killed Isobel" storyline.
- Daisy.
- Companions have defined sexuality.
- No BG2 throwbacks (except maybe Minsc, not sure).
- Upper city.
- Dangerous Gorthash.
- Politics.
- No "you need a mind flayer" nonsense.
- EA, less smooth companion personalities.
- Being a vampire (spawn) has downsides.

Last edited by Ixal; 12/08/24 07:42 PM.
J
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
J
Dangerous tadpoles is a good, good one. Also one for my list.

veteran
veteran
- COnsequences for using tadpoles (maybe turing into a mindflayer is not an option)
- Wyll makes his own decisions and gets more reactivity in BG
- Helia the halfling werewolf bard will become a companion
- Barcus Wroot will become a companion and artificer class gets introduced
- more political intrigue in act 3 explaining Gortashs power over the nobles (no tall were tadpoled)
- Make Omeluum our mindflayer helper , when saved (and you or companions didn't take tadpoles)
- Give the Hearthflame sister a full story arc, they deserve it
- more friendship content for companions with us and between them. Maybe Gale and Karlach switchin grecepies, Lae'zel and Shadowheart have a talk after they come to terms...

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
T
T
Instead of effectively infinite resurrections, or Honour Mode where you fail on a TPK, every time a character dies you have to create a new one and they join the party at the first plot-suitable moment

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
-Consequences from long resting

Enemies figure out what you are up to if you take too long or begin taking initiatives of their own that challenges your strategy and approach.

A
old hand
old hand
A
- More overheard banter between the PC and the party
- Avatar-Origins get included in party banter.
- More friendship moments between the tadfools, evenly spaced through all acts.
- Tara becomes a camp follower after meeting her in Rivington; for Avatar-Gale she returns to camp after having met with her in the Lower City
- A well hidden delicious bottle of none-congealed blood in act 2. Avatar-vampis deserve some happiness too.
- On the topic of blood: The treatment of Gale's yucky blood would be consistent for Avatar-Gale, no more having Astarion drink from you while he simultaneously tells you he'd never drink from you again.
- The courtyard before the final battle gets replaced with a battered portion of the Upper City which gives us plenty of options to flex all our shiny lvl 12 abilities and offers a variety of encounters and ways to traverse the area.
- Avatar-Astarion gets a few more scenes during which the narrator tells you that things remind you of Cazador/his old life and you are allowed to react to it - ideally your companions react to you being scared for no apparent reason ... or when they learn you abducted a couple of kids, see where you lived, meet Sebastian ....
- Gortash needs to be discredited before he can be overthrown. The party needs to collect dirt on him which gets printed in the paper.
- When playing as Gale or Karlach the levitating axe he wanted to make for her gets actually gifted during the epilogue party.
- After Astarion thanks the PC for their help and trust multiple times during the graveyard scene and the morning after, the PC gets an option to tell Astarion how he influenced their lives too. A great opportunity to make an Origin-Avatar felt.

I notice that I am quite happy with Avatar-Shart so far as I don't have any requests for her - yet.

Last edited by Anska; 12/08/24 08:33 PM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
- Make the Emperor an Act 3 villain and rival to Gortash, replace the current route with a "down by the river" bad ending (Tav trapped in their mind with the dream lover)
- Hidden Durge Revenge on Orin: permanently turned into a wheel of cheese.

J
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
J
"- Gortash needs to be discredited before he can be overthrown. The party needs to collect dirt on him which gets printed in the paper." This is an amazing, amazing idea for a quest.

T
addict
addict
T
Hmm... For me it would be:

- No Emperor. Dream Visitor is literally just another adventurer who's trapped in the Prism. The ending can have a moral quandry in regards to either your character (Or companion) or the Dream Visitor being sacrificed using the Prism as the weapon.
- Daisy exists. Separate from the Dream Visitor. It entices you towards using the tadpoles and powers and can grant additional powers beyond that of the tadpoles alone. This can lead to a more involved "Evil" path.
- Tadpole usage being dangerous. Not just eating them, but also using their powers (Both the combat ones and dialogue ones). Having your characters personality shift as their brain gets literally eaten away. With full on ceremorphosis being possible prior to the end, necessitating things like Disguise Self to not be attacked on sight outside of the Absolute controlled places.
- No Mary Sue Orpheus. He can still exist and still be imprisoned somewhere. But none of this "Magical anti-Mindflayer BS". He can have his own storyline in regards to taking on Vlaakith and the future of the Gith.
- Halsin stays in the Grove. Kagha joins the party (If she's alive) as a companion to atone for her mistake.
- BG2 characters like Jahera, Minsc, Viconia are not present.
- More companions available. Such as Mizora (Wyll leaves as a result), Isobel (Sharran Shadowheart leaves as a result), Marcus (Evil path only), Yugir, Lump, Helia, Gandrel (Astarion leaves as a result), a Myconid (Different depending on who you choose to help) etc.
- Additional acts. Have dealing with Gortash and Orin use a separate act each, much like how Ketheric got Act 2. With a final act being the ultimate showdown with the Elder Brain with all your allies.
- BOOOAL provides more content. Clerics that choose to worship him get Blood Domain. Other classes just get an upgradable boon from spilling blood. The Koa-tua show up again in future acts, worshipping BOOOAL or you and having content that reflects this and your choices when (If) you made them initially (Such as giving you gifts of better BOOOAL weapons, their own style of weapons, or they just fight you with increasingly powerful avatars of BOOOAL)
- Actual passage of time exists. Events unfold at specific times. Things like Short and Long Rests advance time. Making them not so free to spam constantly.
- Artificer class.

veteran
veteran
"- Gortash needs to be discredited before he can be overthrown. The party needs to collect dirt on him which gets printed in the paper." This is an amazing, amazing idea for a quest.

The funny thing is: You find a lot of dirt about Gortash, you just can't use it in any form.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by fylimar

The funny thing is: You find a lot of dirt about Gortash, you just can't use it in any form.

Yes, exactly. It drives me nuts. You can collect so much dirty laundry and you can't use any of it. I can't even tell Carmen that her brother cheated her out of her inheritance.

Oh and before I forget, I have another one for Astarion: You have to do some research on the ritual otherwise his attempt to usurp it backfires.

Edit: Before I forget: Thank you for this very fun thread.

Last edited by Anska; 12/08/24 08:50 PM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Anska
Originally Posted by fylimar

Yes, exactly. It drives me nuts. You can collect so much dirty laundry and you can't use any of it. I can't even tell Carmen that her brother cheated her out of her inheritance.

Oh and before I forget, I have another one for Astarion: You have to do some research on the ritual otherwise his attempt to usurp it backfires.
Backfires, how? Cured of vampirism? Permanent baldness :P

I assume neither, but it would be very funny

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by Silver/

Caz benefits from it, Astarion dies and you have to battle a newly ascended vampire lord.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Anska

Caz benefits from it, Astarion dies and you have to battle a newly ascended vampire lord.
Aw. I guess it's his turn for the convince SH roll

J
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
J
Permanent baldness :P

Yes please. Finally him and Minsc can be twins

But yes, a bunch of political intrigue would've seriously benefitted the game, I sorely missed that here. It's often light on story. I find I often want to copy things from Dragon Age, and they'd never do that, but damn would it be cool if they copied some things from dragon age. I'd excuse the plagiarism.

To add more Dream Edition petitions:
-Having factions you can join in Baldur's Gate. This is kind of what they wanted to do with the Zhentarim and the Guild but ehhh I didn't find it satisfying and it's not what I was thinking of.
-Fully realise their original plans of recruitable Ketheric and visiting Candlekeep
-Easter egg ending like the Silent Hill dog ending or the VTMB dance ending
-More Eilistraee

S
old hand
old hand
S
Went searching for Baldstarion, discovered it's Solas in a trenchcoat. Google at your own peril

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard