Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
addict
addict
F
It would've been nice to have marriage, children and family be part of the epilogue for some runs. Somehow this common motivation largely escaped the end game. Shadowheart wanted a cottage and pets in my first run, which was halfway there.

Making the final party a wedding would've been 10/10.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
My dream version: more halsin and mithara content.
Mithara doesn't recruit him as a good person.
More data, interactions and possibility of romance between DU and gortash (a previous relationship is hinted at several times but everything is unfinished).
Gortash doesn't have to die.
Possibility of romance between DU and his great-niece, it's a family tradition, I didn't invent it.
Why it is mandatory emperor or gith I don't understand, you should have the possibility to choose one, the other or pass a roll for them to join forces.
Please, justice for Sarevok and Viconia, if you're not going to respect them change the name because they are characters you have invented (note that I was the happiest person to have the characters from previous BGs back until seeing these).
Misc and janeira are mandatory for me.
Is Upper City too much to ask for? It's a dream BG3 so I ask for it.
Consequences to get up to your neck in eating worms. Decent evil endings.
Corrections of inconsistencies in the story.
A little more relevance and politics in Act 3 wouldn't be a bad thing, since the issue of the three dead being behind everything at the end is almost irrelevant.
More camping scenes.
More options for interaction with your romance (it's not too hard to add a "let's go to bed" like in DO).
Will is a pain in the ass to me and I've read several times that if the original version had more substance and personality, I would like to see a Will like that.
But above all, correct plot holes, various inconsistencies, adjust things to the real D&D Canon...

addict
addict
AFAIK you can skip every origin character.

You can kill Mithara and thats just fine.

You dont have to get Jaheira or Minsc either.

But the most obnoxious, annoying, horrible character, the one I cant stand at all, Halsin - I killed him on first chance and yet now theres a damn corpse of the guy lying in my camp. WHY ???

veteran
veteran
Given the amount of discussions going into romance stuff: less romance content and more friendship content. And generally have things with companion move more slowly. Gale is best friend with me on day 2, Shadowheart spills her beans about her goddess merely a day later, Astarion tries to bite me on day 2 too and wants to get cozy on day 3 , Lae'zel isn't far behind. And I play a goody two shoes most of the time, so Astarion and Lae'zel should be far more unhappy with me for a longer time. Shadowheart should be more paranoid (I miss my edgelady from EA tbh) and Gale should be a bit less trusting too. He seems to be a very open person, who likes a good chat and I'm totally ok with the Weave scene, since that is Gales thing, but I get the feeling Gale is BG3 Varric: you just have full approval by not being a total asshole all the times.
The only ones making sense are Wyll and Karlach. Wyll has no option, since Mizora just appears in your camp like the annoying Karen she is and Karlach is just that bubbly person, who is very open from the start - though I would say, she doesn't have much choice but be open about herself too, since Wyll will confront her.

Halycon: Halsin is just the perfect victim for Orin: if he gets abducted, everyone lives, which is not the case with some of the others. If you trigger the abduction scene early, you don't really have him in the party for long.
But you are right, you can send the others away, you have the option to kill other companions during their story. You can of course botch the portal quest for Halsin and he will be stuck, but then the curse isn't lifted. This time in my honour mode, he didn't even announce to come with me in that creepy way, where he tries to flirt with you, the game just did put him in my camp and that was that. At least Minthara did kick him out of his tent, whic hwas kind of hilarious.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
AFAIK you can skip every origin character.

You can kill Mithara and thats just fine.

You dont have to get Jaheira or Minsc either.

But the most obnoxious, annoying, horrible character, the one I cant stand at all, Halsin - I killed him on first chance and yet now theres a damn corpse of the guy lying in my camp. WHY ???

It’s worth sacrificing the Tieflings to never have to interact with Halsin even once.

journeyman
journeyman
Is this thread still accepting submissions? I totally forgot that my dream edition would also contain a Tourmaline Depths dungeon crawl. I loved the design and the mysterious origins and would have loved to explore it further.

J
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
J
Suggestions are always welcome!

addict
addict
A more polished Act 3
Daisy and the original "tadpole powers" approach
Upper City
recruit NPCs instead of hirelings (Alfira, Barcus, Omeluum, etc)
Minsc and Jaheira are recruitable in Act I
Improved Emperor/Orpheus story
Party size limit up to 6
Better starting equipment options

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard