Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 27 1 2 25 26 27
J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J
Originally Posted by Anska
Do you know, by any chance, if romanced Minthara and God-Gale are allowed to keep a long distance relationship now? Because romanced Ascended Astarion and Avatar-God-Gale have been given a few lines. Ascending to godhood is apparently not so different from following Karlach to Avernus.

Don't know if this counts, but I just looked at the script and there's this:

324. Player: Is that any way to greet your lover?
6. Nightwarden Minthara: Were I to take a lover from the Faerûnian pantheon, I assure you it would not be the runt of the litter.

A
old hand
old hand
A
^^ Sounds about right. Though apparently that is also a new bug, because this now has snuck into my save too, in which they should just be friends. More bugs, yeah.

Last edited by Anska; 08/09/24 05:08 PM.
veteran
veteran

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Anyone planning to have Minthara in the party during a paragon playthrough; DO NOT KNOCK HER OUT DURING THE RAID IN ACT I.

Do it at the Goblin Camp instead, otherwise you'll end up with this permanent annoying bug causing her to globally keep pulling Cerys into every single combat encounter throughout ACT II and ACT III, as the game keeps unloading and loading entire areas whenever she gets her turn.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Just turn off the dynamic combat camera if you got this one. Not saying that it wouldn't be nice if this one got fixed, but I noticed that there are people who don't realise you can switch the camera following combat off.

veteran
veteran
approvegauntlet

That's actually pretty great advice.

Will at least make it bearable enough to suffer through this bug for the remainder of the playthrough until it gets fixed (if it even gets fixed), even though it also sucks not being able to track everything that's happening on the battlefield.

I've sent everything to Larian to troubleshoot it and fix it, including proof that over 6454 confirmed players ran into this bug and countless more who simply resorted to killing Cerys just to stop this from happening, so hopefully they'll fix this.

A
old hand
old hand
A
*coughs* What I forgot to write, I have read several people mention that Cerys will enter combat on the opponents' side if you start a fight too close to her. This usually comes up in connection to defending the portal for Halsin. Haven't checked this myself but it sounds like the type of annoyance you might not want to run into on HM.

veteran
veteran
Unfortunately for me I've no choice but to run into every single bug, am Minthara's Quality Assurance Manager at this point grin

But hopefully it helps others. Am also multitasking this entire playthrough to the maximum by having Karlach, Wyll, Gale and Halsin all romanced so far and will have to fully test Minthara's romance once she's ready. Eilistraee preserve me, also have to test Jaheira.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Funny Bug? I ignored the Grove Quest. Recruited Minthara and went back to the Goblin Camp. To kill the Goblins for exp. Used Silence on Minthara. So i can take her back to Act 1. After killing Ragzlin Minthara Switches the Team. Back to Team Goblin. But i can still controll her. So i can fight myself. So i can ähm use both Teams? 🥺🫣🤭🤗

[video:youtube]
[/video]

Last edited by Tim30; 14/09/24 04:57 PM.
veteran
veteran
For those curious about this bug;

Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
(Minthara Global Combat Against Cerys Bug)

Anyone planning to have Minthara in the party during a paragon playthrough; DO NOT KNOCK HER OUT DURING THE RAID IN ACT I.

Do it at the Goblin Camp instead, otherwise you'll end up with this permanent annoying bug causing her to globally keep pulling Cerys into every single combat encounter throughout ACT II and ACT III, as the game keeps unloading and loading entire areas whenever she gets her turn.

It is possible to get rid of it without murdering Cerys, however it is not 100% guaranteed. After a lot of testing the bug seems to be tied to two side quests;

• Lift the Shadow Curse (Halsin)
  • Rescue The Tieflings

During my testing Cerys would only stop joining the battle after completing Halsin's quest and then talking to the Tieflings at the prison. Other variations of events did not fix it and to make matters worse it is not a 100% guarantee fix, because under the exact same circumstances this bug would sometimes continue to persist... but when it does work it works for the remainder of the ACT. So complete Halsin's quest entirely first and then talk to them at the prison.

*As can be seen Cerys stops joining global battles if everything goes according to plan*
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In the meantime Larian is aware of the issue and working on fixing it.

apprentice
apprentice
For those curious about this bug;

(Minthara Global Combat Against Cerys Bug)

It is possible to get rid of it without murdering Cerys, however it is not 100% guaranteed. After a lot of testing the bug seems to be tied to two side quests;

• Lift the Shadow Curse (Halsin)
  • Rescue The Tieflings

During my testing Cerys would only stop joining the battle after completing Halsin's quest and then talking to the Tieflings at the prison. Other variations of events did not fix it and to make matters worse it is not a 100% guarantee fix, because under the exact same circumstances this bug would sometimes continue to persist... but when it does work it works for the remainder of the ACT. So complete Halsin's quest entirely first and then talk to them at the prison.

*As can be seen Cerys stops joining global battles if everything goes according to plan*
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In the meantime Larian is aware of the issue and working on fixing it.

they haven't fixed this bug yet?? I thought they would've by now since it's how most people obtain her especially those who don't want to hurt the grove. I knocked her out at the raid in my current playthrough but I have a mod that should fix this issue if it still works in patch 7, I'm close to getting her at Moonrise so hopefully, it'll work. But still, this bug is by far the most annoying.

Page 27 of 27 1 2 25 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard