Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Kaiman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I'm not exactly sure the full extent of the issue, since this is my first time playing DD, but indoors is definitely wrong. Characters and a lot of objects appear totally black for some reason.

[Linked Image]

Is this a common problem and can it be fixed? I'm on Windows 7 with an integrated card (but has no problem running most games). The game runs fine otherwise.

Last edited by Kaiman; 06/07/12 10:19 PM.
Support
Support

In the configuration program try checking the 'Use AlphaBit' option, or switch to Software rather than Direct3D.

For the Steam version you could try verifying the local cache for the game.

Try running the game in compatibility mode, and while you are there maybe disable desktop composition (that helped a couple people with graphics issues in Vista/7 with Divinity 2).
In Windows Explorer browse to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\divine_divinity' (for the Steam version), right click on div.exe and select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab, check 'run this program in compatibility mode' and try Windows XP SP3.

Try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic.

K
Kaiman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Unfortunately no suggestion worked for me. The compatibility mode for XP SP3 won't even allow the game to fully load which is weird. So I have emailed support about it, and hopefully they will know what to do. Thanks for the help smile

Support
Support

Did you try different compatibility modes?

Did you check for updated graphics drivers?

W
stranger
stranger
W
i have the exact same issues... first everything was black but with som unusual colours popping up.
this is strange becuase ive played the game for 24 hours without problems until now. need help

ive tried:
udating dirextx 9
changing compability modes
configuration tools
steam-updated cache (BUT everytime i do so it ALWAYS says 5 files corrupted and fixed or smt, when i try again it says the same)

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm also experiencing this. I have windows 7 - 64-bit, which seems to be the OS that effects most of us. I've tried every solution listed here and in other threads to no avail. I can't play this game when all interior spaces are pitch black or technicolor rainbow. Please, let's get a solution here because I believe a lot of people are experiencing this even though they are not posting.

Support
Support

If you have not done so already, email support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm having the same issue, the problem seems directly related to lighting. if you disable a torch in an area that is displaying properly that portion will then turn completely black. relighting the torch fixes it. I'm not sure if that would help pinpoint the issue, or maybe lead to a work around, but i really want to play this game as i'm sure OP does as well.

Support
Support

From the Steam forum topic about this:

Originally Posted by Larian_QA
We're looking into this issue, but we're currently having trouble reproducing it.

Could the people here mail support@larian.com with their dxdiag attached?
We have one report so far, on a notebook with onboard Intel HD graphics, but we are not able to reproduce it on a similar setup so far.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Did anyone ever find a solution? same thing happened to me playing on GOG after 26 hours of play.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'm having this same problem in 2024 on Windows 10 with the GOG version. I additionally see rainbow colors over the shadows as well. I've played about 30 hours and this issue just randomly started popping up after beginning the Missing Delivery quest line in case that has anything to do with it due to some animations that occur relating to it. Has anyone figured any sort of fix out?

Here is what I've tried so far:

- Restarting my computer
- Changing from Direct 3D to Software (Doing so simply crashes the game for me when loading into a save)
- Checking that my graphics drivers were up to date
- Turning off compatibility mode
- Trying compatibility mode for Windows 95, Windows 98/Windows Me, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows 7, and Windows 8 which is every compatibility mode that was available to me
- When running in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and 2, Windows 7, and Windows 8 it resulted in only the standard dark shadows such as those seen in OP's image when entering the cave related to Missing Delivery, but seemed to take away the rainbow
colors that were going over the shadows.
- Enabling alphabit, disabling alphabit, enabling smoothing, disabling smoothing in configtool.exe and every combination of one on/off, both on/off etc
- Disabling fullscreen optimizations
- Running the program as an administrator
- Disabling all high DPI settings
- Trying the 4GB Patch found here https://ntcore.com/4gb-patch/
- Setting performance options for Windows 10 to “Adjust for Best Performance”
- Installed and set up dgVoodoo 2 using this guide https://steamcommunity.com/app/214170/discussions/0/3414307711409562985

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard