Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by esteten89
I also love Barcus Wroot and would absolutely love to have him as a companion! galehearteyes

I am playing as a Halfling Cleric right now,, Absolutely love the short races, and wish we could have a short race romance

https://imgur.com/fOhE1Nt

FYI, if you right-click the image in the imgur gallery, then you can choose "open image in new tab" from the popup menui. You can then copy the URL of the picture shown in the new tab and have it embedded directly in the post, like this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

E
stranger
stranger
E
I didn't know that! Thank you smile

old hand
old hand
The only sad thing is that it doesn't seem to work with uploaded screenshots from Steam directly. If anyone knows of a way to embed these, that would avoid having to load them a second time to another picture gallery.

T
T
I went back to the game to capture this, but either I remembered it wrong (probably) or they've changed the camera angles.

Shortly before I played BG3 I was playing a halfling ranger in D&D. But I never really thought about his height, despite it being right in the race name. He was a halfling simply so that he could ride his wolf companion. I've never been next to a wolf: how big are they? Big enough for a halfling to sit on, of course! I think I sort of had the idea that his head was about chest height (conversely, I always used to think dwarves were much smaller than they actually are.

Anyway, I was a few hours in to BG3, not really having thought much about my character's height. And I'll recount the version in my head, because it's better than the video. I'm in the Emerald Grove,

and I find the cage with the goblin prisoner and the tiefling threatening to shoot her with a crossbow. Step in front of the crossbow I choose, because I'm good in more of the modern-day sense than the Detect Good and Evil sense. Myrna strides in between them with a determined expression, folds her arms and looks the tiefling in the eye. Then the camera pulled back to show that she's 3 feet tall and the tiefling still has a clear line of sight to the goblin hehe

[Linked Image from files.trantion.uk]

I mean, it's the statement that counts.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Trantion
I went back to the game to capture this, but either I remembered it wrong (probably) or they've changed the camera angles.

Shortly before I played BG3 I was playing a halfling ranger in D&D. But I never really thought about his height, despite it being right in the race name. He was a halfling simply so that he could ride his wolf companion. I've never been next to a wolf: how big are they? Big enough for a halfling to sit on, of course! I think I sort of had the idea that his head was about chest height (conversely, I always used to think dwarves were much smaller than they actually are.

Anyway, I was a few hours in to BG3, not really having thought much about my character's height. And I'll recount the version in my head, because it's better than the video. I'm in the Emerald Grove,

and I find the cage with the goblin prisoner and the tiefling threatening to shoot her with a crossbow. Step in front of the crossbow I choose, because I'm good in more of the modern-day sense than the Detect Good and Evil sense. Myrna strides in between them with a determined expression, folds her arms and looks the tiefling in the eye. Then the camera pulled back to show that she's 3 feet tall and the tiefling still has a clear line of sight to the goblin hehe

[Linked Image from files.trantion.uk]

I mean, it's the statement that counts.

Agreed, never underestimate a frightening stare laezelapprove

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Withers just took all my gold lol

This is Bhaalina Thum and her crew...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Did the best we could on short notice. 2 Halflings and 2 Dwarves via hireling zombie cultists. I had Roah come back again, but under a different alias this time as Skim. Also a pair of Duergar. Well Eeyora is technically a Gold Dwarf from the first Zombie model available, but with a Duergar glow up for the color choices by extending the palette tabs. Done that way I get 3 different zombie voices at least and a crew at half size, mostly. We do have the enlarge spell with the Duergar. I'd probably have taken a Gnome over the second Dwarf honestly, but then I couldn't come up with a name that stuck. Gnoomi Replace briefly existed, like as a xenomorph Druid. But I liked the idea of a depressed Deep Rothe Dwarf more for some reason and it required fewer adjustments at the magic mirror. The weapon selection is based mostly on whatever won't clip too hard, or probably just clicking the U key I guess later on. All the great weapons so far have clipped into thighs for the Dwarves. The Short swords and most double weapons clip into the lower back there (Halfling models are somewhat better on this score) but double hand axes looked alright with the breastplate we stole from Dammon, so I went with that for our Warrior. The Underdark camp has one zombie clipping into the table by Shadowheart, but otherwise not too bad. I just have to remember not to ask them why they're "talking like that" otherwise it will dispel the illusion. So far so good though. Low angle cam heightens the drama a bit when it works. We'll have to see how things shake down at the Emerald Grove, but so far it's gone absolutely terribly to plan - horrid Durge hehe. I wish there was a simpler way though. Like with more hirelings. A crew of four Dwarves or all Halflings or all Gith would have been cool. I had an idea to keep Lae'zel around but just always reduced. Like her and Sina'zith to get a kind of Halflings and Gith-goblins type comp, but it took too much sorting via the spells hehe. Might have to give that another try at some point.

Still the most winning look for me I think...

No wonder we had our stylist take notes lol

Last edited by Black_Elk; 13/07/24 05:01 PM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Koriillla and Hope are so great characters. I wish, we would learn more about those two. But sadly House of Hope was a bit of a letdown. Instead of learning all about the Hearthflame sisters, they gave us a creepy incubus.

Doctor Who
T
T

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Going to start working on racking up 5 million games as a halfling cleric.

1 down, 4999999 to go.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well people don't appreciate the best races in game - their loss wink
I just contemplating to start a multiplayer game, where I have default Durge ( white dragonborn guy) and a very cute little gnome cleric of Mielikki ( the cutest of the available gods with a unicorn avatar). And since he doesn't remember anything, he just follows her advices and thus ends up with worshipping a unicorn and singing gnome songs at camp.

Really, the small races are just do awesome. Love my forest gnomes and halflings.

Last edited by fylimar; 08/08/24 04:30 AM.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Btw, has someone a link to the new statistics? They are everywhere now, but I can't find them on Larians homepage.

Nevermind, found it in Discord.

The amount of halfling bards makes me happy. Imo halfling and bard are the best combo of class and race.

Last edited by fylimar; 08/08/24 07:51 AM.

Doctor Who
T
T
If you click the 'View post' link on the Facebook link that also takes you to the full thing (for anyone like me who isn't on a Discord server with them). But I don't know why they haven't posted on their own site or forums.

Originally Posted by papercut_ninja
Going to start working on racking up 5 million games as a halfling cleric.
The game gets easier when you've played it a few times. You can probably skip the cutscenes too once you've memorised the plot

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
The game gets easier when you've played it a few times. You can probably skip the cutscenes too once you've memorised the plot

I think the stats include every game that is started. So I probably only have to exit the mindflayer pod 5 million times.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by papercut_ninja

I think the stats include every game that is started. So I probably only have to exit the mindflayer pod 5 million times.
Well, I have a few halflings already, so it's not 5 mill. anymore smile

Doctor Who
S
stranger
stranger
S
I wish the male halflings walk and ran like the gnomes, they run and walk very strangely, other than that I like halflings. Strange there are no Halfling or gnome or dwarven companions, I think Gale would have made an excellent halfling.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Shadowmart
I wish the male halflings walk and ran like the gnomes, they run and walk very strangely, other than that I like halflings. Strange there are no Halfling or gnome or dwarven companions, I think Gale would have made an excellent halfling.

We had it in another thread: Gale as halfling, Astarion as gnome (including Sera-like self hate, I guess) and SHadow as a fine dwarven lady - that would be great.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I had my halfling bard do the drinking contest with Thisobald Thorm in the waning moon.
This is her sitting before the counter.

And this is what she sees during the dialogue.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
I had my halfling bard do the drinking contest with Thisobald Thorm in the waning moon.
This is her sitting before the counter.

And this is what she sees during the dialogue.

The first one is cute, but my shorties normally look up to Thisobald during the dialogue

Edit, because I read before sitting on the counter
This scene looks bugged for you, I'm sorry to say.

Last edited by fylimar; 14/08/24 02:44 PM.

Doctor Who
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
That must be a bug. My halfling was sitting on the chair in the scene and though she wasn't tall she was clearly visible.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by fylimar
The first one is cute, but my shorties normally look up to Thisobald during the dialogue

Edit, because I read before sitting on the counter
This scene looks bugged for you, I'm sorry to say.
Yeas, she's a cutie. Her name is Mia.

If it works for you, maybe the reason is her being a custom hireling. After my 3rd PT, I began to use hirelings to have every race (except dragonborn, don't like those) and major class in my party. (9 to 10 member party). So I use customhireling mod and party limits begone mod.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard