Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
If it works for you, maybe the reason is her being a custom hireling. After my 3rd PT, I began to use hirelings to have every race (except dragonborn, don't like those) and major class in my party. (9 to 10 member party). So I use customhireling mod and party limits begone mod.

I don't want to use that mod while doing my honour mode run, since a mod corrupted my last HM try (and I was in act 3 then), but I will use that after (maybe when patch 7 and mod support is out.

I don't think, I posted my dwarven sorceress Ada here:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And my new halfling bard Rosina

Last edited by fylimar; 22/08/24 11:39 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
I was loving my grumpy, drunken dwarven monk/cleric of Ilmater Dreogan Strongale until he died horribly (in honour mode) due to my incompetence in the spider queen's lair. Trying again with a slightly reimagined look and a bit more success but still in Act 1:

My halfling jack-of-all-trades / Oghma worshipper Sophy was great fun to play at least until nearer the end when it all got quite grim:

Those are the only two shorter race runs I've started in the full release, but I'm looking forward to playing out the full story for two of my favourite EA characters:

Fierce, goblin-hating Wildheart barbarian, Hedda Bloodaxe:

And sneaky, curious deep gnome arcane trickster, Gilly:

And yes, I also wish there were at least one or two shorter race companions (and potential romantic interests, either companions or NPCs). And agree that Barcus Wroot is a fantastic character who would have made a great companion, and it wouldn't even have needed much of a tweak to his story. The Ironhand gnomes as a whole are an interesting group (I'll admit to a soft spot for Philomeen, she's just so unapologetically ... mean!).

And yes Hope is wonderful too, and made a big impact on me despite her relatively late and small role.

Roah as a baddie with a different sort of motivation than the others really works for me, despite the role feeling a bit peripheral.

And I think BG's portrayal of the goblins is a triumph, especially Sazza and Priestess Gut. (I'd have liked to see one or two goblins wandering the streets in Baldur's Gate, too.)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Him being a cleric of Illmater and dying horribly makes for a grim irony galeworried

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Him being a cleric of Illmater and dying horribly makes for a grim irony galeworried

Yes, it did seem quite fitting biggrin

And given I have no confidence I'll be able to complete an honour mode run, I'm sure he'll get to die in new and painful ways as I try again. (Though have managed to finish off the spider queen this time.)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Red Queen: I love your characters, especially the halfling Jack of all Trades and the deep gnome lady.

Doctor Who
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Contributing with a gallery of my shorties:

Bolo, the life cleric. He might smell funky and the jury is out on whether he is undead or not. But he's kind and caring and the best support healer you will ever have in your party. His HM save got corrupted but the party synergy he had going would have wiped the floor with everything so I am counting it as a win, and in my own headcanon post-game story Karlach and Wyll end up as a couple and he goes with them to Avernus to help fix her engine.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Livvy, the wild magic sorceress. Absolute bonkers and a source of chaos wherever she goes. No idea how to channel or control magic, she just wiggles the weave and sees what comes out. Hates authority, so the Absolute cult and all other villains are in for a rough time.

Miscka, the sorcerer/rogue. As shown in another thread. A disciplined spell commando who sniped her way through honor mode with cantrips.

Shamil, wild magic barbarian. They were enjoying a peaceful life running a candleshop in Baldur's Gate when that Nauthiloid destroyed their shop, kidnapped them and infected them with a tadpole and also took their husband who didn't survive the crash (he was a useless and lazy drunk, but he was their useless and lazy drunk!). So now they are pissed and taking out their rage on every damn mindflayer and anyone involved with them.

Thally, ranger/warlock durge. A brave tracker who is resisting his dark urges. Romancing Astarion because we all know he secretely wants a little gnome boyfriend.

Last edited by papercut_ninja; 22/08/24 05:57 PM.
veteran
veteran
Glinda Hamilton

No F8!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

heheh

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Black ELk: Glinda is adorbale, I love her.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
She's going to need all the Mods!

Everyone in Mask black!

Well except for Alfira, sadly. We tried, but she didn't have a clothing set that could be dyed.

Otherwise though, a pretty solid crew! We'll see how many times I have to reload as more mods getting added into the mix hehe

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
She's going to need all the Mods!

Everyone in Mask black!

Well except for Alfira, sadly. We tried, but she didn't have a clothing set that could be dyed.

Otherwise though, a pretty solid crew! We'll see how many times I have to reload as more mods getting added into the mix hehe

You know what? Barcus should have been a companion and I die on that hill. I like that little guy more than most of my actual companions and go out of my way to make sure, he reaches BG save and sound. He has such a great personality, his voice actor is one of the best in the game and he has a very interesting questline, that I wish, we could have explored more.

Doctor Who
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard