Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#948266 31/08/24 02:06 AM
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Just announced at the PAX West Panel, Patch 7 is coming to PC next week!

With so many changes and new features arriving in this patch, it’ll take a little longer to get these to you on console and Mac - but don’t worry, you’ll be murdering your enemies and installing mods in no time.

apprentice
apprentice
Any ideas on how much later a “little longer” is for console? We talking this year?..

veteran
veteran
a little later = once the PC players have pointed out most the major bugs and Larian sorts them... if you watch the panel he tells us

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Salo
Just announced at the PAX West Panel, Patch 7 is coming to PC next week!

With so many changes and new features arriving in this patch,
Thanks for the notice.
I cannot but wonder how many things will stop working and how many hotfixes it'll take to fix them ...

Last edited by Buba68; 31/08/24 05:28 PM.
Didn't expect it so soon. That is great news! Hope the console patch isn't too far behind so everyone can get the new changes.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Could Larian be more transparent moving forward about when things will be released, as in a date?

I may be in the minority here and if so, that's fine I am gonna move along. But I genuinely do not understand why instead of "next week" we can't just say next Tuesday, next Thursday, etc. and not just the day before or day of. It would also be nice to know how big a patch is long before it comes out. And if it's delayed like things often are, that's fine just say on/before release day that there is a delay and what you estimate the actual release to be. Are release dates not estimated by Larian before the actual day/date of release?

Steam provides no real way to prevent auto updates. So players are stuck having games they no longer play or games that are going to require massive amounts of storage space update automatically at some point. It would be really welcome if Larian would allow players to actually plan for updates because you may not have the storage space or want to give up the storage space required, and it is also nice to remove mods if you can before an update.

If this is the wrong place to post this please delete or move this comment and my apologies. I am just responding to the announcement, and hoping that further info like a date and more than 24 hours notice could be given for this patch even, hopefully in this thread or elsewhere.

veteran
veteran
There tends to be more discontent from unfulfilled expectation than from uncertainty, that is all.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Anyone else keep coming back here to refresh the page every few hours in the hopes of seeing "Patch 7 is live!" ?
Lol, I'm so excited, been saving my final pc playthrough for this patch (prefer playing it on ps5) and it's my first drunk character playthrough too for the last steam achievement I need (gonna start Bard and make it so I can only use Vicious Mockery when not drunk (cuz he's grouchy when he doesn't have a drink!)), really looking forward to it!

stranger
stranger
Yup. Should we form a support group?

G
stranger
stranger
G
We should! We can meet every few hours as we refresh the page lel laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
The thing for which I have is with the BG 3 Mod Manager. Now I subscribed to a couple of mods and want to check them out in game to make sure that I did them right. When I Download mods using Vortex I run the game through vortex. How does the mod manager do it? As it didn't ask me where the game files were installed or anything. And how does it know where to put the mods as I don't use C: Drive I use D:\ drive for all my games.

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 07/09/24 01:38 PM.
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
The whole thing is a joke for console players anyway, a very bad one, only bad, nonsensical mods are allowed on a console, who needs something like that.. actually pointless and a stillbirth.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Wolfenring
The whole thing is a joke for console players anyway, a very bad one, only bad, nonsensical mods are allowed on a console, who needs something like that.. actually pointless and a stillbirth.

Okay Wolfenring, you've made your feelings very clear now so please don't spam the forums by continuing to post the same thing in multiple different threads. Thanks!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"

Link Copied to Clipboard