Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
stranger
stranger
A
As pretty much expected - this patch officially killed any hopes that Larian was going to actually listen to the feedback they've been given for several abilities and interactions since Early Access and actually fix said abilities and interactions before they basically just dropped this game and said "See ya, thanks for the cash" and left it up to the modders to "fix".

*sigh*

That isn't to say, however, that the patch isn't impressive in its own right though. Just really disappointing because some of these broken interactions/abilities/functions make playing certain characters less effective and/or just not as enjoyable because their interactions aren't functioning properly.

Last edited by Arcaedius; 06/09/24 02:41 AM. Reason: Added commentary/clarification
P
stranger
stranger
P
Curious if anything here will fix the game constantly crashing in Lower City on XBOX (once it's releases there) or if that's still something to wait on. Game is currently just shelved until that gets fixed.

N
N
I downloaded the patch. Where do i find the mods ?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Naginata
I downloaded the patch. Where do i find the mods ?

It’s one of the buttons under the load game, new games, etc on the main page that says “Mods”.

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 07/09/24 12:45 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this wonderful game, I have a question about your terms for the mod program, see below for the term. My question is, if i wanted to make skimpy armor, kinda like the mod on nexus, "Scantily Camp Outfit" would that be considered inappropriate or offensive? Breaking your terms and getting my access to the mod manger removed?

I've taken an interest in modding since playing BG3, downloaded blender to get familiar with the program but now we have this program you've provided, just want to know before getting my hand slapped smile

"any elements that can be considered discriminatory, racist, obscene, libelous, offensive, illegal, defamatory, inappropriate, invasive, or likely to adversely affect the reputation or goodwill of LARIAN STUDIOS and/or its licensors;"

Originally Posted by Salo
Apologies for the delay on the Patch Notes! These took a bit longer than usual to get set up!
Thank you for preparing them. They sure are huge!

I
stranger
stranger
I
I got Patch 7 yesterday and after wards when I go to Mod Manager in the Main Menu, I get a lot of “not found” on my screen.

https://imgur.com/LnWGSub

I tested without mods and with, and in both cases I get this?

stranger
stranger
All this is so juicy. Gotta wait the Mac version dammit

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok I've been to the Mod page located at https://baldursgate3.game/mods/#/ and when I click subscribe on one of the mods I get a box that pops up and tells me "Log In with Larian Studios" I click on it and it keeps going back to what i put in and I'm logged in here. Is there somewhere else I should be logged in at? Or what am I missing?

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Illius55
I got Patch 7 yesterday and after wards when I go to Mod Manager in the Main Menu, I get a lot of “not found” on my screen.

https://imgur.com/LnWGSub

I tested without mods and with, and in both cases I get this?

I have no freaking idea how, but now all of a sudden it is working. Do not get me wrong, I am happy it does, but hopefully I can find out why it is working now?

But now I have another question. I noticed that the in game mod manager places the mod in an alphabetical manner, and makes a modsettings.lsx? Does this mean that loadorder does not matter any more? I use quite a lot of third party mods at the moment, so would I still need to use BG3MM to set my load order, or would that mess things up for the in game mod manager?

Last edited by Illius55; 06/09/24 03:42 PM.
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Just to clarify: As mentioned in the Patch Notes intro, this isn't our last patch, and the team continues to work on fixes and community-requested features such as crossplay and photomode.

The best place to report any bugs or issues you have encountered it's always directly to our Support Team: https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Ok I've been to the Mod page located at https://baldursgate3.game/mods/#/ and when I click subscribe on one of the mods I get a box that pops up and tells me "Log In with Larian Studios" I click on it and it keeps going back to what i put in and I'm logged in here. Is there somewhere else I should be logged in at? Or what am I missing?

Could you try clearing your cache and cookies and logging in again, or from a different browser? If it's still sending you on a loop, please reach out to our Support team!

O
stranger
stranger
O
can't download on my mac version 4.1.1.5849914 which is on my steam deck. for whatever reasons steam deliver version 4.1.1.5009956 and no saves avalable at all. I can see them but it shows them "uncompartible version 4.1.1.5849914 ". if I try enter beta channel - it will not help.

basically I lost all my progress, it sort of ridiculos.

C
stranger
stranger
C
PLEEAAASE give us the option to give
Enriched Infernal Iron to Dammon in Act 3 to fix Karlach!

I neeeed a truely wholesome ending for
the most wholesome character of the world!

I wouldn't mind sacrificing levels, items or whatever it takes to provide the required strength for the procedure.
This is causing me more anxiety than it should. shadowheartgiggle I beg of you! wyllcry

PS: Many thanks for the new patch, the new endings and the mod support!!! hug

Last edited by counterspell; 06/09/24 08:56 PM.
addict
addict
Better mod support is awesome. The problem for me is some of the most important things I still want in this game will probably not be solveable by mods.

- The Delay action. This was in D&D3, but in D&D5 its somehow missing. In the existing game, the very same combat gets orders of magnitude easier if by pure chance the game puts everyone in your group into the same spot in the initiative queue. Then "later" characters can act before "earlier" characters, i.e. everyone can freely coordinate their actions. If there are opponents in between the characters, thats not possible. In D&D3 you could reach this state intentionally with the Delay action. You just moved characters further down in the initiative queue until either you felt the need to act with them or until you had them all in one spot, thus you'd have reached the situation that you can coordinate their actions, and I dont get why its gone from D&D5 and I really want it back. By the way because of the strange way Larian implemented initiative, rolling 1d4 instead of 1d20, you can sort of "emulate" the Delay action by giving everyone the Alert feat and then they will often all be at the start of the queue.

- There are three spellcasting stats - the mental stats, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma - and every spellcasting class uses one of these three stats for their spellcasting. However if you multiclass, then scrolls and items will use whatever spellcasting stat the last class you picked uses. Thats very random and often very bad. For example I would like to take 6 levels of Bard, then pick one level of Cleric, then return leveling the Bard. But that means scrolls and items now use the mediocre Wisdom stat, which is only 12 or 13, and not the Charisma stat which on a Bard you try to maximize. Obviously in P&P you can just decide what stat you want to use - well, there are further limitations in P&P, because there only some people can cast a certain spell from a scroll. Ideally one would just pick whatever stat is highest of those the character has.

- Better immediate feedback if you equip a character with an item they dont have the armor proficiency for. Always fun when you switch to a character in battle and they cant cast any spells because those great boots you equipped them are actually medium armor and the character lacks the proficiency. For example this item could be shown in red.

journeyman
journeyman
Summons will now disappear alongside their owners when you dismiss the latter to camp.

Why was this changed? Everyone in my party generally has one or more summon. Now I lose them if I briefly need to borrow another party member.

Not only do I lose the summon, their dead portraits stay attached to the party member when I swap them back in.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Is there a way to use mods that I get from nexus in the BG 3 mod manager and if so How do I do. All help or information greatly appreciated.

GOG offline installer patch when? It's already three days!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Is there a way to use mods that I get from nexus in the BG 3 mod manager and if so How do I do. All help or information greatly appreciated.

Someone made a good instruction, what to do to make external mods working again: External Mods

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raban
GOG offline installer patch when? It's already three days!
Gog makes the offline installers not Larian and 3 days is nothing... its a big change

edit Windows version 4.11.5849914 is now live for off line install

Last edited by Ussnorway; 08/09/24 11:36 PM.

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard