Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
When i first started up the game after downloading patch 7, there were many missing pictures in the game menu and in the mod page.

I tried removing all the mods i had installed, but then i couldn't start the game at all. I tried reinstalling the game from steam and clearing out the BG3 steam folder, but the error persists. The error say;

" Failed to load the main menu from the current game mod. The main menu in that mod requires the level. make sure to clear any local mods and try again. If the problem persists, please contact Larian support."

anyone else getting the error, or a way arround it.

Cheers

Skinkespyd

O
stranger
stranger
O
I have the same problem. I can't play the game.
I also noticed when I activate only one mod (combat extender) the error message becomes " Failed to load the main menu from combat extender mod. The main menu in that mod requires the level. make sure to clear any local mods and try again. If the problem persists, please contact Larian support.""

Edit : I found the solution, you need to delete the modsettings file in ---\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public

Last edited by Orchid; 05/09/24 07:41 PM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Orchid
I have the same problem. I can't play the game.
I also noticed when I activate only one mod (combat extender) the error message becomes " Failed to load the main menu from combat extender mod. The main menu in that mod requires the level. make sure to clear any local mods and try again. If the problem persists, please contact Larian support.""

I fixed the problem.

I removed the files in %localappdata% under the larian studios folder and it fixed itself

Last edited by skinkespyd; 05/09/24 07:37 PM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
lol same time

After I delete my mods and modsettings.lsx it works for me.

You find it in %LOCALAPPDATA% >Larian Studios>Baldur's Gate3>PlayerProfiles>Public.

Ok, you found it smile

Last edited by Sini; 05/09/24 07:45 PM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin

Link Copied to Clipboard