Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Marielle
Originally Posted by jessiemeows
an entire thread dedicated to the love of Astarion?????? Count me in!

Great, join us! (you have a charming avatar :)). There are many threads about Astarion on the forum, but not all of them are on the first page right now. This is where we have fun, adore Astarion, share different stories from our playthroughs, jokes, fantasies, act out fairy-tale plots from “what happens after the epilogue,” etc.

lmaoooo, I was going to use my usual photo of Astarion and my OC, Eris kissing but for some reason I can't so I picked the next best thing.

Originally Posted by Ametris
Also glad to know I'm not the only one that headcannons him having beef with Gale lmao!

I'd say it's more than just HC seeing how many dialogues there are where Astarion and Gale are bickering and trashing each other. laugh

Oh wow! Those videos are funny lol. Ugh, I wish they kept those EA romance greetings for Astarion.

In my personal headcannon and what I've written in my fanfic is that Astarion is actually a very jealous person. He probably never knew that about himself until he met my OC/Durge Eris. Basically he got extremely jealous every time one of the companions flirted with her. It wasn't until Eris & Astarion got together at the tiefling party was when everyone sort of stopped trying to bang Eris lmao except for Gale. He would keep flirting with her, mainly because he never really got the hint that Eris and Astarion were basically together. Mainly because they would hide their kisses from everyone and although Astarion pretty much ends up living in her tent after the tiefling party he would leave her tent early in the morning bc Eris didn't want to upset Gale and his explosive in his chest lmfao. But that's basically why I can see my Astarion hating on Gale every chance he gets.

Sorry for my little tangent about Eris and Astarion they low-key live rent free in my head.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
this is adorable, he looks so goofy over her shoulder

Since Sceleritas likes to do photobombing, this is very appropriate. He likes to sneak into the paintings in the family gallery. If Astarion throws the paintings to the mirrors in the sewers, Sceleritas will retrieve them and hang them right back on the wall. He often secretly paints himself next to the Durge, he also trying to retouch Astarion out of the pictures. grin

Sceleritas doesn't like Astarion and is jealous, he would like to get rid of him. Therefore we can write wonderful little stories about them both. Lord Astarion and Sceleritas, who has nothing better to do than constantly annoy Astarion. He overdid it when he taught Astarion's son when asked "Who is your father?" to answer with "Gortash".

"Sceleritas is always watching." When they moved into the palace, Sceleritas put his fruit crate bed next to my Durgie and Astarion's bed, put his jars full of bugs on the shelves, threw Astarion's clothes out of the closet and hung his spare servant suits in there. Astarion did not agree with this and Sceleritas still complains about this rude behavior.

We don't write anything really serious here, as Marielle said, we mostly let our thoughts run wild or test situations in the game etc.

So let your thoughts run wild, everyone looks at their character differently and has their own story. So feel free to join in with our nonsense. smile

Thank you Ametris for these beautiful videos. Marielle also found the best quote extremely accurately. hahaha hug

Last edited by Sini; 17/09/24 08:42 AM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Marielle
Oh, thank you! Astarion is fascinating in his rivalry, very curious to see some of his lines on that. It's unlikely I'll ever get them in-game, I'll definitely always have Gale in a secondary role and the rivalry doesn't make much sense to Astarion, but the way he acts while doing so is just gorgeous! <3 The video where Tav picks Gale is sad... But Astarion gave a good characterization of Gale. smile And by the way, in Act 1, Astarion talks about having standards, he refuses to have any kind of “threesome”.

Astarion is definitely the most savage when talking about romanced Gale, the utter contempt in his voice when he pronounces Gale's name and calls him a limp passion is particularly memorable. When he's involved in a love triangle with every other companion he's somewhat understanding and can see then appeal, but with Gale there is nothing but pure disdain.

In my personal headcannon and what I've written in my fanfic is that Astarion is actually a very jealous person. He probably never knew that about himself until he met my OC/Durge Eris. Basically he got extremely jealous every time one of the companions flirted with her. It wasn't until Eris & Astarion got together at the tiefling party was when everyone sort of stopped trying to bang Eris lmao except for Gale. He would keep flirting with her, mainly because he never really got the hint that Eris and Astarion were basically together. Mainly because they would hide their kisses from everyone and although Astarion pretty much ends up living in her tent after the tiefling party he would leave her tent early in the morning bc Eris didn't want to upset Gale and his explosive in his chest lmfao. But that's basically why I can see my Astarion hating on Gale every chance he gets.

Sorry for my little tangent about Eris and Astarion they low-key live rent free in my head.

I agree that he's in fact a very jealous person. I don't think it's a coincidence that there are multiple options in the game to question him about that. He just loves the attention and doesn't like being someone's second best, there's also the matter of his insecurity and being new to experiencing love himself. In the dialogue where you ask him about Halsin and say you're surprised about Halsin's proposition, Astarion admits to have seen the druid being horny for Tav since the grove itself, and therefore low-key having agonised over the fact that the offer was bound to be brought up eventually.
I also really like him being so proud and triumphant during the epilogue party when he says that it's good the others (including potential previous lovers) are seeing him and Tav together side by side. smile

It's a real shame they removed the option where Gale tries to steal Tav. This and Larian moving Gale's romance scene to act 2 makes him pretty blind to the affair, while everyone else can clearly see there's something going on. In my playthrough during the grove party, Lae'zel was salty my Tav's bedroll was already occupied, and Karlach wanted to gossip about her and Astarion. SH can also have lines where she clearly notices the romance. Then Gale pronounced his love in act 2, completely ignoring the fact my Tav was with Astarion. Then at the dock, he also invited her to the heavens to be with him (ignoring her vampiric marriage), and in the epilogue told her she could still ascend and perhaps wield the new type of magic of his eventually. He also acknowledged Tav's immortality, saying they have an eternity to chat (and making Astarion even more jealous). wink

I also think Astarion is not hiding the romance from the others, after all he gloats over the fact the rest must have heard them the morning after the first night together and never shows any hint of embarrassment when flirting with Tav in public. They also finally debugged these banters:

I HC'd Gale knowing about Tav and Astarion, but naively thinking he could ignore it and downplay it as something not serious and that Tav would still choose him. Then he got a bit more confident at the end of the game and wouldn't mind annoying Astarion from time to time, especially if Tav decided to pray to him. Heck, he could even make Tav his Chosen if they were particularly close. shadowheartgiggle

If Tav got killed one day, I believe he'd want to snatch their soul before any devil could (because I'm sure after seeing Astarion's hellish interests, he and Tav would get an offer from one of them). All in all, God Gale gives a lot of interesting prospects for the future.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I love that you can set up a love triangle and the game recognizes it.

Got this banter between Gale and Astarion last night:

Gale: I see you waste no time pursuing your quarry, Astarion.
Gale: Tell me, do you always woo your lovers with such patient attention?
Astarion: I rather though I was a little slow this time. Usually they are begging me to drain them on the first night.

There was no mistaking the jealous distain in Gales voice. grin

Originally Posted by Ametris
It's a real shame they removed the option where Gale tries to steal Tav.

That sounds interesting, would have been a fun way to expand the triangle story.

Last edited by KiraMira; 17/09/24 10:17 AM.
addict
addict
It's the first banter you can hear in the video I just linked. smile These two are the much tamer equivalent of Lae'zel vs SH's relation. laugh

There is one beautifully edited video I adore that nicely depicts this love triangle with an extra dramatic flair.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
I think I should take Gale with me again smile That sounds exciting and needs to be tested to see where you can take it. Kidnapping Tav would be quite exciting.

Astarion is already jealous, but my Durgie actually isn't very interested in romances, she also turns Astarion down until the Tiefling party and rejects Mizora, Halsin and Haarlep.

The Drow Man has very funny lyrics though and you can dirty the carpet in their room, which always makes me laugh a lot. So it's hard for me to get past Sharess Caress and I always go there for "tea". It has great entertainment potential there.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Darlings, I put together our little “Prissy” in Photoshop from various AI-generated images. Unfortunately, I'm bad at drawing (and singing^^). Hope you like her as much as I do. smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Anyone who does creative things has no time for bad things. I also make my short Chromakey video available to you here, feel free to use it, you can incorporate Astarion into your holiday videos or whatever. Show us. smile You need a video editor that can use Chromakey.

Have fun smile

Last edited by Sini; 18 minutes ago.

Originally Posted by Sini
Darlings, I put together our little “Prissy” in Photoshop from various AI-generated images. Unfortunately, I'm bad at drawing (and singing^^). Hope you like her as much as I do. smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

this is so cute galehearteyes I love how nicely the dark colors work together and how the flowers pop out against the rest of the pic.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard