Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ametris
Certainly looks like Larian is promoting the hookup culture. C'mon now, all the breakup scenes are cool, after all they make our romances "better", don't they? wink rolleyes

Of course! Searching YouTube for content that I would absolutely not want to see in my game, in order to watch scenes featuring a favorite character and learn more about their personality because I can't do it in the game otherwise, is a curious new gaming experience!

Originally Posted by Sini
I think Astarion Junior still needs to mature to handle all the power. He's still a cheeky little scumbag. The smarter he gets, the more you have to watch out for him so that he doesn't just become evil and arrogant and fall into madness. His parents and Sceleritas have to guide him there.

Yes. smile And take him in your arms more often and tell him how cute he is! <3 Best way to keep an eye on your little treasure!

I now have more time to play again since I solved my problem in Substance Painter. Now I just have to find the mistake I make when I want to combine 2 or more meshes into one outfit. I also solved my underwear modding problem, it works as I wanted. Celestia and I already had a few ideas for new outfits, some of which I've already put together in Blender. For the Dark Urge Vampire (Drow) ladies. smile If any of you have modding experience, please share your advice. I'm too stupid for the coding part. smile

Oh, great! I would really like to see the outfits! There is a section on the forum dedicated to modding, unfortunately I don't know much about it, but maybe there will be something useful there?

Originally Posted by Celesti4
He does seem so vulnerable and sweet in this moment! The pure hopefulness and wonder in his face and his voice when he says "Really?" during the confession scene. Like he didn't even dare to hope your feelings for him were real the whole time. My opinion is this feeling is very new for Astarion. He knows this is something special but he can't quite put his finger on what it is yet. All those years with Cazador, he wasn't able to make his own choices about romance and what he truly wanted. He'd forgotten how to love. Now finally he has something with someone he actually wants - which is genuinely giving him happiness.

And the way he opens up to you afterwards... All his sweet lines, the way he looks at you... He can't put a name to the feeling yet, Astarion rediscovers it - how to love and be loved. His smile after you opened your mind to him, his embrace when he... Didn't expect it, and how he snuggles up to you afterward. How I wish I could hug him and open my mind to him (or better yet, at the same time) as often as possible, so that he would always feel loved and the only one.

At some point if the player tries to break up with him while he's still a spawn, he says he basically expected that to happen, since he doesn't think he has anything to offer you in a real relationship (like he doesn't think he's good enough). It would have been great if we could do more to reinforce our character's devotion, if that's how we want to roleplay it.

Thanks, I didn't know about that... Though it's conceivable judging by the confession scene. I always wanted to do more for him, it's a shame Astarion doesn't respond to displays of affection in gameplay moments. Like his statue in the camp, or the paired rings with the ability to put gentle protective bonds on him (I couldn't choose mage or bard in the new playthrough because of those rings, I took warrior again to have enough stamina to take damage from Astarion on myself with the rings). If it were up to me, I'd be bragging to all my companions (the female part of the party, at least) in Act 1 that I'm now dating Astarion. Yes, there are many moments in the game where I could really like to be able to express admiration, show loyalty, attention, support, love. And in those moments when he talks about his past, I would have liked to react much more emotionally too.

I completely agree that ideally there should have been a better balance where you can also get something special (and some more content) if you remain faithful to your partner throughout your playthrough, no matter who it is that you're romancing. Maybe instead of focusing solely on the extra content for the love triangle and sex stuff, they could have taken some of that out and given the loyal romance paths something to acknowledge it, too.

Or just open up other opportunities to get those lines and scenes from that extra content that could fit into the story and in the case of a strong love for one character. Tav, for example, could say no to Halsin in a harsh way. Not because he's personally unpleasant, but because he should have first figured out how the couple he wanted to get involved with felt about polyamory themselves. Honestly, I wouldn't have been able to hold back and kicked Halsin below the belt after his words about Astarion “with his consent and involvement”. I don't care what he wants from me, a lot of people in the game want something from our characters, he's claiming my Astarion! If Astarion could see this, and afterward I could complain to him about Halsin's insolence, there could be an interesting romantic scene! And Astarion could say that he noticed Halsin's feelings earlier, just like he tells that Tav who agreed to the proposal, only the further conversation would be different. Incidentally, it would work fine for the other companions too - I think a lot of Shadowheart romantics wouldn't turn down the opportunity to have a “man-to-man talk” with Halsin about his encroachment on their beloved. smile

The fact that it (patch6 kisses) was given to us as some kind of gift out of the blue was just awful too. I still can't believe that whole nightmare happened at all. I remember being excited when I heard about a kiss update but then we got the hurtful thing we got... And then we had to wait a long time to hear that something will be done about it. During all of those months, nothing was said or done about it. Finally they announced they're going to fix that mistake (with "improvements") but it shouldn't have ever happened. Not to mention how long it stayed in the game in its current state, which has caused more problems, and continued hurting people. The damage has been done and it stayed in the game for way too long.

I'm really glad they're going to change that in patch 7. Happy faces are what this romance really needs. I love kneeling in front of Astarion, it's like that opportunity to do more for him you wrote about above. I'll smile at that, it's great that Larian will now give me that opportunity. And I don't want an ounce of fear or tension on my character's face. What fear - I love playing as a warrior, and it's just silly and comical (and for a DU it goes nowhere at all) when a strong character who gets into any kind of trouble and isn't afraid of any challenge is afraid of their own beloved. This is nonsense. There's no need to break Roleplay, RPGs are about strong characters who make history (evil or good, it's up to them), and certainly there should be no pain in mutual and deep love. For those who want a different kind of romance, it would have been better if the authors had done a romance with Raphael, given them the opportunity to become his Hope, or had Haarlep come to them regularly, or both if they wanted to. But Astarion's story is a true love-melding story, it's a bride story. The good thing is that, judging by the discussions, real improvements will indeed happen!

But yes, I couldn't agree more... It's very unfair for AA to be the only companion you can't kiss or hug/touch at all in the epilogue to this day! In general, I feel that my Tav/Durge doesn't get much chances to show him affection or tell him that she loves him at all. We're in a committed relationship with him at that point and it's so strange to me that we don't get the option to give him any affection in a relaxed atmosphere. If we choose a happy dialogue branch, then an option for a kiss/hug should be added.

This is a dream come true for me. I really wish Larian had paid attention to more than just the evil endings, but also added romance to the usual epilogue for a character deprived of it. Astarion romantics should have as much love as everyone else. In general, they could have just let everyone hug/kiss their LI, and hugging other companions is an optional element that could have been neglected. Otherwise, it's even offensive against the background of not being able to hug your favorite person.

I am glad that you still ended up playing the way you wanted to and didn't let the negative misinformation deter you. I admit, during my first playthrough romancing him, I got hung up for a while on the whole narrative/discussion of whether he actually loves the MC after the ascension. It was upsetting for me (as a new player) to hear all that talk about him not caring about you anymore. And even though he openly says he loves you several times after ascension, some people claim he's lying or just being manipulative when he says it, or whatever. It's just their opinion and not the truth. Meanwhile, there are plenty of things he does and says which prove his feelings of love are real. I agree, I love the way he says "You have given me everything. Thank you."... I feel that he includes you when he says "everything." Now that he has you by his side, he really has everything. smile

Yes, when he has you by his side, he has everything - well said. Astarion needs the one and only person he loves and trusts. And he has everything now - freedom, a full life, strength, all the pleasures of the world, and true love! It's worth looking into his eyes to realize how much he loves you. And why would he lie or manipulate now that he is free and with such power he could exist perfectly well on his own? He doesn't need any protection anymore, he can get everything he wants on his own. And most of all he wants to be by his beloved's side, forever. If there had been a liar and manipulator in Astarion's place, he could have seduced Tav and played love before the ritual (only those eyes, and those reactions, and those words wouldn't have happened). And then he would have gotten what he wanted and just dumped Tav if he didn't love them. Or he wouldn't have offered any conversion ritual, would have continued the manipulation until the finale until he was free of the tadpole, just to be sure, and would have broken off the relationship in the epilogue. And would have gone about his business. This is how those who lie and manipulate for profit behave - they abandon the object of manipulation as soon as they get what they want and they don't need anything else. It's the opposite of what Astarion does.

Astarion save our romance party cheer kiss ...

He used our tried and tested tactic "Kill first, ask later." smile So Raphael had no chance to talk to Yurgir.

The fight was a bit unusual, but yes... dead is dead... the romance is saved. smile I'm glad I don't have to start the romance through Araj.

Thanks so much for the info! Lyrthindor is just the one who made Yurgir's contract unfulfilled, and it releases the devil from the contract.

That's great! You were able to fulfill the deal after all! Oh, honor mode is specifically risky, I thought you were testing with saves. Good thing the novel is saved! <3

I take it all back, I was able to trigger the scene with Shadowheart. I should have just talked to her and broke up our relationship, because unlike the others she doesn't have an exclamation mark above her head.

1) Have SH and Astarion in flirting mode.

2) Kill Yurgir

3) Get Astarion's confession scene

4) Talk to Sh, end your relationship

5) Talk to Astarion ... tada ... get this scene.

However, it is buggy with Gale & Karlach and only seems to work with SH. I'm not sure if Sh has to have a certain approval rating, mine was 88, Astarion was 100.

The rest of what I wrote is still correct, never kill the rat Shar befor you kill Yurgir or it might get a bit more complicated.

Yeah, so it's possible to get that scene after the confession. That's interesting.

I really like that outfit on Astarion in the video! <3

First of all, he won't be able to eat any more of them, which doesn't mean that he won't defend the huge sack full of sweets. They're his and if even one is missing, then Sceleritas will be to blame and the tiny lord will tell him to Grandpa. He's wondering whether he shouldn't already demand revenge for this beanie and whether Sceleritas is now positively demented. A Cacti Beanie? With a flower pom-pom? Seriously, Sceleritas? What was the name of the place in the world where something like that is cute? Just so I know what I'll destroy if I dominate the world. If you come too close to me with that, I'll scream for help. That thing is fashion suicide and my daddy doesn't take it lightly. I'm no daisy... but I'm not wearing that! Especially not when I have flying training with daddy. If he sees me with it, he starts crying and asks what he did wrong. He probably wished he had more children like me, only with better fashion sense.

With the idea of ​​having more children like this little bat, Mommy Dark Urge falls into daydreams...

She sees a whole bunch of little white bat lords and ladies... they all flutter around her head and just do mischief. In her dream, she runs screaming into the Bhaal temple. She enjoys the peace and quiet in the wellness and spa area when she hears loud arguing outside. Damn, she has forgotten that Sceleritas can enter the Bhaal temple at any time. A completely ragged Sceleritas and Astarion stand in front of her, arguing, threatening and pushing each other, the little lords and ladies flutter around happily.

"Darling, come back home, we need you."

"I haven't been gone for two hours"

"My adored Mistress, I can't tell you what I had to go through with this..."Sceleritas bares her teeth"

"Darling, please finally kill that useless sack of flesh. He had to go through that with me? He pushed me into the closet with a sidekick..."

"After all, I had to save all the children after the palace started to burn. You're in my way... I'm the nanny. I acted with the utmost honor."

"After the idiot showed our children how to cast "ignite". Just a reminder, I seem to remember that I am the FATHER of the children."

She wakes up when she feels that Astarion Junior has gone to sleep in her hair and Sceleritas is curled up like a dog at her feet and is fast asleep... luckily it was all just a dream... or ???

https://tenor.com/bVYTz.gif

Ha ha ha, awesome! Mommy Dark Urge never has to be bored! The little white bats are oh my goodness, so impossibly cute! <33 Just kissing them all on their fluffy foreheads!

“These are my toys...I won't give them to you...I'm going to bite you myself now...This is my mommy...This is my throne, yes, because it's daddy's and the daddy is mine!...Your fangs are holey...” - Astarion Jr. is rummaging in her hair, mumbling something disgruntledly in his sleep.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Marielle
Yes. smile And take him in your arms more often and tell him how cute he is! <3 Best way to keep an eye on your little treasure!

He says he's already too big to be cuddled and hugged, although he can still sit on your hand in his tiny bat form. He only gets a little of Mommy's Bhaal blood, then he always tries to turn into the Slayer... he is firmly convinced that one claw on his foot was significantly bigger than the others and that he will soon manage it... we are excited about the tiny Slayer hahaha

Oh, great! I would really like to see the outfits! There is a section on the forum dedicated to modding, unfortunately I don't know much about it, but maybe there will be something useful there?

I'll be happy to show you. smile I think it's better to go to the Larian Discord for these problems, the modders are more likely to be found there, and they helped me with my underwear problem there too. It was something that I couldn't have found in any guide, because it was a "False" where it should have been a "True". I can change everything, but I would never recognize a mistake like that myself.

I've done the coding part so many times now that I can change it in a few minutes. But I'm probably making a tiny mistake somewhere or it's something that I don't have enough knowledge for. frown

I hope that with Patch 7 the modding tool will make it easier. I get a backlog of ideas in my brain, I have to process them. silly crazy

Thanks so much for the info! Lyrthindor is just the one who made Yurgir's contract unfulfilled, and it releases the devil from the contract.

That's great! You were able to fulfill the deal after all! Oh, honor mode is specifically risky, I thought you were testing with saves. Good thing the novel is saved! <3

No risk, no fun ...I do all sorts of stupid things in Honor Mode, I steal from everything and everyone and use every dirty trick. I've already triggered the worst fights and reduced villages to rubble. smile I had to be a little creative to solve the problem well for myself. I didn't talk to Shadowheart straight away after Astarion's confession scene. Others have an exclamation mark over their heads to ask whether you really want to end the relationship with them, but Shadowheart doesn't have one.

Yes, if someone gets into this situation, as I said, if you're unlucky Astarion will leave your group permanently, don't talk to Yurgir, kill him immediately. smile

Yeah, so it's possible to get that scene after the confession. That's interesting.

I really like that outfit on Astarion in the video! <3

Yes, and I'm really happy to be able to trigger this text.
Luckily, with Shadowheart, all I had to do was drink a bit of wine. If you end the romance with Shadowheart because of Astarion, she's very understanding and happy that you're there for Astarion.

Ha ha ha, awesome! Mommy Dark Urge never has to be bored! The little white bats are oh my goodness, so impossibly cute! <33 Just kissing them all on their fluffy foreheads!

“These are my toys...I won't give them to you...I'm going to bite you myself now...This is my mommy...This is my throne, yes, because it's daddy's and the daddy is mine!...Your fangs are holey...” - Astarion Jr. is rummaging in her hair, mumbling something disgruntledly in his sleep.

The little Lords and Ladies look at you expectantly and excitedly and stretch out their little fluffy heads towards you, one of them seems to want to hold you with its tiny wings.

Astarion Junior dreams so intensely of his world domination and how toys are brought to him from everywhere as offerings that Mommy has to catch him so that he doesn't slip off his throne. Sceleritas is still curled up on the floor and scratches behind his ear with his foot. She falls asleep just as peacefully. When Astarion finds his family sleeping so peacefully, he first puts Junior in his bed, then carries his eternal love to bed and even puts Sceleritas in his fruit crate bed... while briefly considering whether he should brick up the hole in the wall...

Last edited by Sini; 15/08/24 01:20 PM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
With such staff, it's no wonder that we break into Raphi's house and his incubus tells us his secrets. hahaha

But she always lets my Astarion catch her. He can't get any closer to her. It's always a pleasure for me to empty her pockets.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
With such staff, it's no wonder that we break into Raphi's house and his incubus tells us his secrets. hahaha

But she always lets my Astarion catch her. He can't get any closer to her. It's always a pleasure for me to empty her pockets.

Astarion: "Lazy git."

TBF she may just be drunk. smile

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
I feel a little unfairly treated again. I haven't spoken to anyone. There is no one left I could talk to... Mr. Asstarion... I think we will argue until we reach Baldur's Gate. laugh

I saw something interesting today that I hadn't noticed before. In my playthroughs, gnomes and hobbits always die for reasons I can't fathom. Yes, I shouldn't ally myself with Nere and I shouldn't kill Nightsong...

If the gnomes survive, there's a quest in which you have to kill Wulbren... Astarion, Minthy and Lae'zel agree, I've done worse for less than 800g reward hahaha. Maybe make a note for the next evilrun. devil rpg006

Last edited by Sini; 22/08/24 01:40 PM.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Ever since our argument on the road to Baldur's Gate, he seems to be in a bad mood... poor Yenna. laugh

"Kids these days..." delight Never heard him say that line before

*Minthy + Astarion high five*

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
"Kids these days..." delight Never heard him say that line before

I think he was in a really bad mood that day... I tried not to have Yenna at camp, but she always comes back. I think she's a safe NPC if you don't have one who could get kidnap by Orin. Unfortunately Halsin got away from me and I should have destroyed the portal beforehand next time. ^^

Yenna Part2 ... poor girl

And it's not Ascended Astarion that's so mean. ; )

Last edited by Sini; 25/08/24 09:56 AM.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Praise the Sun darlings,

I'm still in the middle of preparing for Patch 7. I still have a few fights left in Act 3 in my current playthrough and I want to test a few things beforehand, for example whether it makes a difference to
kill Orin first and then Cazador, although I doubt it. But since I kill Orin first, I will team up with Gortash and want to be kicked by him ^^. I will reject Bhaal & betray Withers to become the Absolute. I have also tested how I kill all of my companions except for Astarion and Minthy and discovered possible sources of error and can then counteract them. I'll betray Minthy before she raids the grove and then knock her out, hope she doesn't bug again in act 2.
I'll play Honor Mode and I'm excited to see what changes. Drow/Durgie is out of the question anyway.

What is your plan? First Origin Astarion or evil Tav/Durge & AA? There is no question that we will let Astarion ascend grin and there is also no doubt that we will have Minthy in the group. What will be your 3rd companion? I'm going to take another little hireling and turn him into Sceleritas. Have you already thought about which class? I think I'll do Bard/Paladin again, it was so much fun, I'll be an oathbreaker by Lae'zel's cage at the latest. Can I break my oath on the ship? ... I have to try that. smile

When even the oathbreaker is angry and doesn't want to talk to you hahaha
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Sini; 27/08/24 01:22 AM.

addict
addict
He says he's already too big to be cuddled and hugged, although he can still sit on your hand in his tiny bat form. He only gets a little of Mommy's Bhaal blood, then he always tries to turn into the Slayer... he is firmly convinced that one claw on his foot was significantly bigger than the others and that he will soon manage it... we are excited about the tiny Slayer hahaha

Adorable! He's a very determined little guy, and a real perfectionist for paying such attention to detail, particularly the symmetry of the claws. Yes, kids grow so fast, and it's important to respect little Lord's need to show off his unrivaled awesomeness (he's really, really big now, and he'll come into your arms when he wants to and when no one else can see :)), so Daddy will get a double dose of hugs today! <3

Yes, if someone gets into this situation, as I said, if you're unlucky Astarion will leave your group permanently, don't talk to Yurgir, kill him immediately. smile

Yurgir is easier to kill if you approach him from behind, you're in a much better position, and there's no dialog with him (you have a great opportunity to strike first, and if Yurgir sees you, he'll go into combat mode without dialog). I tried to pull this off with him at first, but since I didn't have that need, I reloaded and approached him from below so I could attack him through dialog for the sake of the story and get Astarion's approval. When Yurgir is fighting in an advantageous position (after the dialog), the fight with him will be more difficult. If you have Beholder inside the flask, it will help to keep his pile of merregons occupied for a while to focus your attack on Yurgir and kill him faster.

Yes, and I'm really happy to be able to trigger this text.
Luckily, with Shadowheart, all I had to do was drink a bit of wine. If you end the romance with Shadowheart because of Astarion, she's very understanding and happy that you're there for Astarion.

She responds so wisely and understandingly, Shadowheart shows the best sides of her character in this scene. Definitely a plus to the perception of her character. She is the only observant and attentive person in the group, in my opinion, in my game Shadowheart is the only companion who notices my connection to Astarion in the first act. She says of Astarion, “there's something fragile beneath the façade”.

The little Lords and Ladies look at you expectantly and excitedly and stretch out their little fluffy heads towards you, one of them seems to want to hold you with its tiny wings.

Astarion Junior dreams so intensely of his world domination and how toys are brought to him from everywhere as offerings that Mommy has to catch him so that he doesn't slip off his throne. Sceleritas is still curled up on the floor and scratches behind his ear with his foot. She falls asleep just as peacefully. When Astarion finds his family sleeping so peacefully, he first puts Junior in his bed, then carries his eternal love to bed and even puts Sceleritas in his fruit crate bed... while briefly considering whether he should brick up the hole in the wall...

My heart sinks for such adorable fluffy babies! Gotta caress each and every one of these cuties as gently and carefully as possible... <3

Astarion has become a very caring and responsible head of the family. But sometimes he chuckles under his nose when he learns about another prank of his hyperactive son, and he himself is itching to do a little mischief... wink And when the Sun Lord does a prank, the prank can be of appropriate magnitude.

Haha, Astarion is adorable! His outrage at the moment his absent-minded victim disappeared is so cute! Korrilla is such a funny loser in that situation, I'll have to replicate that in my game, lol. It's a bit poor in her pockets though, either Raphi pays the staff as well as they work or vice versa. smile

I feel a little unfairly treated again. I haven't spoken to anyone. There is no one left I could talk to... Mr. Asstarion... I think we will argue until we reach Baldur's Gate. laugh

Business Lord. He's practicing. Preparing for the future, when you and he will be late for a Council meeting of the United Vampire Clans Organization in the future.

Ever since our argument on the road to Baldur's Gate, he seems to be in a bad mood... poor Yenna. laugh

Astarion grumbles with his trademark black irony. Haha, that's nice, thanks, I didn't have that line. He has a strange attitude towards this girl - Astarion approves when you help her, but also grumbles when she comes to your camp. But there's no disapproval if you leave her - just grumbling.

I think he was in a really bad mood that day... I tried not to have Yenna at camp, but she always comes back. I think she's a safe NPC if you don't have one who could get kidnap by Orin. Unfortunately Halsin got away from me and I should have destroyed the portal beforehand next time. ^^

Orin, besides Halsin, can also kidnap Gale and Lae'zel (just not Lae, Orin, if you want a new rattle so badly, okay, next time it'll be Gale, but you won't get more variety from me, go to another store! *jokingly). If you let her kidnap Yenna, it's gonna be sad--

Either Yenna or her kitty will die.

Yenna Part2 ... poor girl

And it's not Ascended Astarion that's so mean. ; )

Looking at the expression on Astarion's face as he looks at the girl afterward, it seems like he was grumbling more out of some sort of principle. Yes, Yenna comes to you in Rivington, Astarion can't make it to Ascension by that point. About the meanness - if you act strictly in accordance with Astarion's approvals in Act 1, when he doesn't know about any Ascension yet, and then do the same with the Ascended Lord's approvals in Act 3 (if anything, taking control of the Brain has no approvals/disapprovals, Astarion smiles at you when you decide to subdue Brain, and is also very happy to get rid of the tadpole if you decide to destroy Brain), and then compare and contrast the results of your actions in terms of “evil”, the Ascended Astarion is definitely calmer and kinder.

What is your plan? First Origin Astarion or evil Tav/Durge & AA? There is no question that we will let Astarion ascend grin and there is also no doubt that we will have Minthy in the group. What will be your 3rd companion? I'm going to take another little hireling and turn him into Sceleritas. Have you already thought about which class? I think I'll do Bard/Paladin again, it was so much fun, I'll be an oathbreaker by Lae'zel's cage at the latest. Can I break my oath on the ship? ... I have to try that. smile

Can mercenaries be turned? I wonder, I've just always ignored mercenaries completely, do they even say anything at all?

When even the oathbreaker is angry and doesn't want to talk to you hahaha

Wow, where did you meet him? Interesting character.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
I'll answer in more detail later hug

Orin, besides Halsin, can also kidnap Gale and Lae'zel (just not Lae, Orin, if you want a new rattle so badly, okay, next time it'll be Gale, but you won't get more variety from me, go to another store! *jokingly). If you let her kidnap Yenna, it's gonna be sad--

Either Yenna or her kitty will die.

*mumbles... coughs... whispers* No one is alive anymore, Halsin was just lucky. smile

Looking at the expression on Astarion's face as he looks at the girl afterward, it seems like he was grumbling more out of some sort of principle. Yes, Yenna comes to you in Rivington, Astarion can't make it to Ascension by that point. About the meanness - if you act strictly in accordance with Astarion's approvals in Act 1, when he doesn't know about any Ascension yet, and then do the same with the Ascended Lord's approvals in Act 3 (if anything, taking control of the Brain has no approvals/disapprovals, Astarion smiles at you when you decide to subdue Brain, and is also very happy to get rid of the tadpole if you decide to destroy Brain), and then compare and contrast the results of your actions in terms of “evil”, the Ascended Astarion is definitely calmer and kinder.

Yes, after he ascend he is much more relaxed. We can now seriously discuss world domination. Btw. Have you ever tested whether it makes a difference if you first get AA and then go to the love test at the circus? Unfortunately, I was already there and caused total chaos by trying to throw the nagging child into the cat's cage (it worked, the child is still alive, only the circus lost a few people.) and I only have this save file. I doubt anything will change there, but I'm still interested.

Can mercenaries be turned? I wonder, I've just always ignored mercenaries completely, do they even say anything at all?

They have standard texts. I choose the gnome because it's small enough to transform into Sceleritas. He doesn't have to talk, just look good. smile You can change the appearance and specs of hirelings. For me it's just a visual thing to have Sceleritas in my group. I usually only fight with Astarion in a duo anyway, the rest of the group doesn't really matter and is more for the story in the game... as long as they're alive. evil

If you want, you can also have Raphi as a companion in your group, etc.

Wow, where did you meet him? Interesting character.

If you break your oath as a paladin, he will be in your camp. For 1000g he will restore your oath, for me it's not worth it lol. He tells you a little something, as Durge he also tells you something in Act 3.

Last edited by Sini; 27/08/24 12:51 PM.

Praise the Sun darlings,

I'm tempted to just do the same things I did during my first Durge playthrough, because I loved it so much.....But how could I not do an evil playthrough this time? smile
I've already decided on speccing Astarion as (shadow) monk and maybe sorcerer or stealth archer for my character. Can always respec if I hate it.
It may end up being a "lone wolf" run with only my character and Astarion this time, and Minthara later if she doesn't bug out.

One of Minthara's point-and-click lines when you click on her portrait is "In your name."
It would be fun if she said that during the ending scene when you sit on the throne. smile

Until then, AA is waiting very patiently:

<3

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
The reason why Sceleritas has no time for evil endings. smile

I'm tempted to just do the same things I did during my first Durge playthrough, because I loved it so much.....But how could I not do an evil playthrough this time? smile
I've already decided on speccing Astarion as (shadow) monk and maybe sorcerer or stealth archer for my character. Can always respec if I hate it.
It may end up being a "lone wolf" run with only my character and Astarion this time, and Minthara later if she doesn't bug out.

One of Minthara's point-and-click lines when you click on her portrait is "In your name."
It would be fun if she said that during the ending scene when you sit on the throne. smile

<3

I can well imagine Astarion as your protector in the shadows; acting from the shadows also fits well with his character. I've often said that playing in a duo with Astarion is the most fun for me because he actually says every line that other characters would otherwise say. Minthy is just a must for me, just to have her in the group.

Make videos of your experiences, I also hope for many chaotic experiences if I start trouble somewhere again. hahaha

Last edited by Sini; 31/08/24 08:53 PM.

Well done! hahaha <3
Poor guy has a lot of work to do. So many plate shards to hide in beds. : )

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm currently trying out using ChromaKey. Astarion meets my WoW priestess. grin

addict
addict
Yes, after he ascend he is much more relaxed. We can now seriously discuss world domination. Btw. Have you ever tested whether it makes a difference if you first get AA and then go to the love test at the circus? Unfortunately, I was already there and caused total chaos by trying to throw the nagging child into the cat's cage (it worked, the child is still alive, only the circus lost a few people.) and I only have this save file. I doubt anything will change there, but I'm still interested.

Gosh, this is really interesting! What if there's a difference? Logically, there should be a change, otherwise it would be a clear mismatch with the story. The “hands up to his elbows in blood” option may still be relevant, but Astarion's main desire for “revenge” has already been fulfilled, in theory, he should now desire something else. Maybe the “Me?” option will turn out to be true in this case, that would be very satisfying. <3 And the answer to the dryad that Astarion is not afraid of anyone, it's him that everyone is afraid of, should cause a different reaction from the dryad. If before she whined about something and gave a lower score, figuratively speaking (yeah, and the one who is going to tell the main fear of their beloved person to random people, of course, the relationship is “perfect”, lol), then now Astarion is definitely not afraid of being forever in slavery, and... It's really interesting.

They have standard texts. I choose the gnome because it's small enough to transform into Sceleritas. He doesn't have to talk, just look good. smile You can change the appearance and specs of hirelings. For me it's just a visual thing to have Sceleritas in my group. I usually only fight with Astarion in a duo anyway, the rest of the group doesn't really matter and is more for the story in the game... as long as they're alive. evil

Yeah, it might look funny if you can change their appearance. smile

If you break your oath as a paladin, he will be in your camp. For 1000g he will restore your oath, for me it's not worth it lol. He tells you a little something, as Durge he also tells you something in Act 3.

Ah, the quest is for an oathbreaker, thank you. What made me laugh is that it only costs a thousand coins to restore a paladin's honor. A rich paladin can afford a lot of things. grin

<3

Wow, how elegant! This shot could make a beautiful portrait of Lord Astarion to hang in the castle! <3

Ha ha ha! What an expression! Sceleritas is definitely the best butler! grin

I can well imagine Astarion as your protector in the shadows; acting from the shadows also fits well with his character. I've often said that playing in a duo with Astarion is the most fun for me because he actually says every line that other characters would otherwise say. Minthy is just a must for me, just to have her in the group.

Yeah, it's a lot more fun to play that way. The first time I played with a full group, I missed some interesting lines. Besides, Astarion will always be standing next to you in dialogs with NPCs.

I'm currently trying out using ChromaKey. Astarion meets my WoW priestess. grin

Haha, Astarion in WoW would be fascinating. smile Only then it would be WoA.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Gosh, this is really interesting! What if there's a difference? Logically, there should be a change, otherwise it would be a clear mismatch with the story. The “hands up to his elbows in blood” option may still be relevant, but Astarion's main desire for “revenge” has already been fulfilled, in theory, he should now desire something else. Maybe the “Me?” option will turn out to be true in this case, that would be very satisfying. <3 And the answer to the dryad that Astarion is not afraid of anyone, it's him that everyone is afraid of, should cause a different reaction from the dryad. If before she whined about something and gave a lower score, figuratively speaking (yeah, and the one who is going to tell the main fear of their beloved person to random people, of course, the relationship is “perfect”, lol), then now Astarion is definitely not afraid of being forever in slavery, and... It's really interesting.

I asked myself that too. I doubt it's different, but I'll have to check anyway. As you say, some answers no longer make sense with AA. We have a new task think exclamation

Ah, the quest is for an oathbreaker, thank you. What made me laugh is that it only costs a thousand coins to restore a paladin's honor. A rich paladin can afford a lot of things. grin

Gold isn't the problem, it's just that I would be constantly with it and would have to renew my oath, that's not worth it for me. hahaha I walk 2 meters and make some questionable decision. As you can see in the picture above, I myself angered the Oathbreaker and had to give him gifts to get him to talk to me again... what a daisy.

I'm constantly thinking, "What will happen if I do this?" or "Can I do that"...yeah and usually I unleash some sort of chaos. smile I'm a bard and could explain myself anywhere, but why when "attack" is the choice? smile So no, I'm keeping the 1000g instead of restoring my oath, what am I supposed to do with it as a Dark Urge? The oathbreaker also reacts very sensitively when someone steals from him. *points to Astarion* He has had experience there. hahaha

addict
addict
Gold isn't the problem, it's just that I would be constantly with it and would have to renew my oath, that's not worth it for me. hahaha I walk 2 meters and make some questionable decision. As you can see in the picture above, I myself angered the Oathbreaker and had to give him gifts to get him to talk to me again... what a daisy.

I'm constantly thinking, "What will happen if I do this?" or "Can I do that"...yeah and usually I unleash some sort of chaos. smile I'm a bard and could explain myself anywhere, but why when "attack" is the choice? smile So no, I'm keeping the 1000g instead of restoring my oath, what am I supposed to do with it as a Dark Urge? The oathbreaker also reacts very sensitively when someone steals from him. *points to Astarion* He has had experience there. hahaha

Ha ha ha, pissing off the Oathbreaker, before also stealing from him, charming! astarionhappy Astarion clearly enjoys this kind of entertainment. But the very fact that one can safely remain a good paladin, doing anything while doing so, if only there was gold, amuses me as well. And then there's someone talking about the “consequences” of evil deeds in the game, lol.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Ha ha ha, pissing off the Oathbreaker, before also stealing from him, charming! astarionhappy Astarion clearly enjoys this kind of entertainment. But the very fact that one can safely remain a good paladin, doing anything while doing so, if only there was gold, amuses me as well. And then there's someone talking about the “consequences” of evil deeds in the game, lol.

My goblin priest, who is more of a televangelist and cult leader, would have said, "Your spiritual well-being is just a donation away. If you don't feel any spiritual improvement, maybe the donation wasn't big enough. These mercenary ... friendly employees will be happy to help you, if there are complaints and spiritual peace does not come.The larger the donation, the greater your well-being will be and of course your donation will go to the poorest members of our community." *The fake charitable smile swallows the word "me".*

But you're right, the indulgence trade is flourishing for 1000g. It shouldn't be so easy to restore his oath.

The Dark Urge is pained by Isobel's blessing. An oath-loyal paladin would have to be like a constant itch on the skin from the Dark Urge.

Yes, it's all great entertainment for Astarion. I still find evil deeds that get his approval. Astarion is a voyeur, he likes to watch when the Durge/Tav is cruel and he can stay in the shadows without taking any action himself. But of course he enjoys it when our adventures end in chaos ("Oh, I miss this."), which is why I prefer skills for him that let him fight from the shadows.

Ha ha ha! What an expression! Sceleritas is definitely the best butler! grin

*Sceleritas is cursing loudly*"That was so clear again, my beloved master is finally becoming a god and fulfilling her destiny and what about tiny Sceleritas? He can throw away the garbage that has been accumulating here for centuries, if not longer . I should stand next to my master and not the stupid Silverlock. I will put the extra sharp shards in his bed." Sceleritas quickly throws everything into one big bag because he doesn't want to miss out when his master dominates the world.

He brushed Astarion Junior's soft fur and sharpened his tiny claws. "Oh, my little master, now the time has come, your mother will rule the world. I am so incredibly proud." "Do I look good Sceleritas, do I look like a Lord?" Sceleritas adjusts the tiny lock of white hair "Perfect, my little mischievous master." “Do you think I can sit on Mama’s head when she conquers the world?” "Stay in the background for now, stay out of your father's head, he'll like it if his son accompanies him in the moment of triumph... *whispers* and ruins his hairstyle." "That sounds like a good idea Sceleritas, I'll be able to see everything clearly from there. Have you packed enough blood drops? I'll definitely want to eat a few." "Yes, your father will appreciate it if you pamper him with your sticky little sugar pout give a few kisses on his head." Sceleritas smiles contentedly.

Last edited by Sini; 05/09/24 10:10 AM.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
My dear consorts, even if our hair is bad and at least I don't recognize my character, Astarion wants to see our evil deeds. So always give us the evidence of what evil evil consorts you are hahaha.

I just started a new Honor Mode run and am waiting for at least the mod with my hair and the camera mod to run again soon. My own mods work fine, at least I have something to wear.

Have a nice start to all of you and beware I hear good things about you. biggrin devil

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard