Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
E
E
Originally Posted by KiraMira
Having a romantic kink scene masqueraded as an abuse scene at a toggle point.. no thanks.

See, that's exactly the issue, though. Many players (most, if you look at any reddit thread from after Patch 6 was released) never saw the relationship or the kisses as just a romantic kink. You’re allowed to see it as kink, of course, but your argument that adding a toggle would masquerade it as abuse goes both ways, only it’s even worse from this perspective, because to a lot of us it would mean masquerading abuse as kink. And still we are respecting your wish to not have to see a version of the narrative that is upsetting to you in your game. That's why we are asking for a toggle, because like we said, it’s about player agency and about everyone being allowed not only their own roleplay and interpretations, but also safety from triggers, regardless of what those may be.

veteran
veteran
It is not about player agency, it is about player's character agency. The player always has absolute agency over their perception, interpretation and decisions. If the player doesn't have agency over himself than this is not the game's problem in any way.

Last edited by neprostoman; 27/08/24 08:59 PM.
E
E
I meant player agency as in the player getting to decide how their character feels, sorry if that wasn't clear. It was the term that was used in the Patch 6 thread as well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Elly
Originally Posted by KiraMira
Having a romantic kink scene masqueraded as an abuse scene at a toggle point.. no thanks.

but your argument

It was not an argument. It was a statement.

If you (you in a general sense, not anyone specific) see it as abuse and not a kink then I can understand wanting to have normal romantic kiss animations at a toggle. I will never understand wanting to keep it as abuse unless you (you in a general sense, not anyone specific) are into that sort of thing.

And no this is not an argument either, you can not convince me otherwise. I have seen all your arguments (I do not need to see them again) and I do not buy it.

Last edited by KiraMira; 27/08/24 10:01 PM. Reason: clearify
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
As I said earlier ...

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I will also ask everyone to be careful not to imply that they are ascribing sexual motives for requesting features to people when that isn't what they themselves have claimed. It should be obvious that people aren't going to take that well. Please allow people to express their preferences in their own way, and treat their statements in good faith, and you can expect the same courtesy in return.

I will see refusal to comply with the above as a refusal to comply with forum rules on being constructive, respectful of others' opinions and not engaging unnecessarily in discussion on sensitive topics. No more please.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Can you please leave out the statistics and generalizations out of your request? This makes it look like a political pamphlet. There is no need to bring 'some group out there' into discussion. If those 'people out there' want it, they can write for themselves and naturally reinforce your point.

I think there is a need to involve statistics\the group to see the scale of the case and the categorical attitude of this group about it. Maybe it looks like an appeal to the group to make your opinion stronger, sort of.
But it's a statement of what it really is, what can I say.
A lot of people didn't like it? Yes.

[url=https://ibb.co/b27HHMs][Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

5 thousand - it's not much, probably.
Besides, not many people play this way, as many as massacre grove and take Minathra. It's no secret that 70% of players play good path, Larian himself admitted that “they were not afraid to make content that no one will see” about evil. Although I have a personal observation that something spooked them after all.
I wanted to vote “both” because the context of how sloppy everything was spoils the whole thing. Especially since people comfortably chose “gentle” with this character, it was the right thing to do.

If you have a neck zone trigger and not a kink, are you not allowed to capture Baldur's Gate with a man in the path of evil?
It's specifically about fetish\kink, script says that Tav enjoyed it while being strangled :3

5k That's just the people who follow the content creator, who take the time to go to the ‘community’ tab on YouTube. Most people either didn't say anything or emailed Larian quietly.
People in general don't like to, you know, waste their nerves.
I'm sure not everyone even has the time or inclination to post here.

Yes, among other things this:
Originally Posted by Zayir
An interchangeable scene of a BDSM with an SV scene, separated only by a toggle or flag, is disrespectful and dangerous for the BDSM community and brings it into disrepute

Have Larian add opitions discussion that Tav is worried about that wisdom check, especially if it served to break up, there was no problem with that.

Intimacy and consent it's best to leave it alone as it was on release.

It's wild that I'm writing about this at all, to write a romantic scene with words of pleasure and then on 14 Feb be sad and angry about the same thing.

My personal acquaintances couldn't generally write a word, let alone participate in this debate where someone wants a character to do abuse,
sexually assaulting,
laughing while doing it, towards all player characters, because "that's the narrative", but now suddenly at least on opition. laugh
Well, the narrative was only in the fanon, interpretations, I don't know what anyone was guided by, not considering that in the game's story everyone enjoyed it with consent.

Originally Posted by AnnaMyrk
Just as a facts:
1. The kisses were tender.
2. AA didn't do anything Tav didn't like, like grabbing his throat, only if Tav didn't want him to.
3. Tav's opinion was taken into account.
3. there were no moments in the game where Tav was panic-stricken by anything AA said or did.

That's right.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
@LiryFire, there is a language barrier at work here and I'm not 100% sure what you are actually saying, but it sounds very much as though some of the above is directly contravening the moderator guidance I gave in the previous post. I will pick this up with you by PM to give you the chance to explain what you meant before deciding whether the above merits a warning.

And to everyone in this thread, I've posted enough in this and other AA threads to have made it clear our forum expectations on respectful and constructive debate and I'm getting grumpy about the time and effort moderating these discussions is taking, when good will, courtesy and respect should be enough to prevent my having to spend my free evenings nagging you. I promise I'd much rather spend my time playing BG3 and talking about other elements of the game! LiryFire is going to be the last poster in this thread to get the benefit of the doubt: further failures to show basic netiquette or that appear in conflict with the responsibility that, as our rules say, we all have to keep this a safe and positive community are going to result in warnings.

And if you've already had your say here, remember that an easy way to avoid warnings is to take the high road and move on, rather than continuing to take part in what increasingly looks like an unedifying competition to get in the last word that threatens to flood the forum with similar posts on this extremely well-trodden topic.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
I
stranger
stranger
I
Apologies if I do this incorrectly but I would like to add my support for a toggle or a narrative choice to select Tavs reaction to this kisses. Horrified or orgasmic faces massively limits roleplay if its locked it and Im honestly not sure why it keeps being messed it when the time could be spent on something else!

stranger
stranger
I'd like to add my NON-support for the toggle option.

I'm glad Larian fixed their own mistake, and surely there are bigger problems in the game to focus on now. Thanks.

I really loved the old animation, because it's actually how I RP romance with AA. It's toxic and my Tav did understand it, but it was too late. I want an option to keep the old scared face.
And no, it wasn't a 'mistake'. Just because it didn't suit your playthrough, doesn't mean it didn't suit to all the people's playthroughs.

Last edited by Rote90; 31/08/24 07:57 PM.
addict
addict
Interesting how these new accounts were created just for this thread, especially after its creator posted guidelines how to argue with AA fans who want to have a happy romance. They're also using the same expressions as people from the other locked threads.

Originally Posted by Ametris
Interesting how these new accounts were created just for this thread, especially after its creator posted guidelines how to argue with AA fans who want to have a happy romance.
Yes, I've made an account for that and I'm not ashamed of it a one bit, because I saw what Larian did in their Patch notes and I don't like it. People on the main sub reddit basically told to me that Larian's forums are occupied with AA fans, so this is why Larian pays so much attention to those who are loud on Larian's forums and now is changing the original animation, which for my playthroughs was spot on. So I came here to make my voice heard as well. I have the same right as you.

Last edited by Rote90; 31/08/24 09:06 PM.
J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J
I admit I also find it strange, but I believe the mods can check if someone's sockpuppeting as it's a bannable offense if someone makes an account after being banned and you could only check that by their IP, I think? There's technically new accounts being made for the other end of the debate (people who don't want the kisses to change back again) who solely come to drop a comment here, and I also find that strange, but IDK, lots of new accounts were made when Patch 6 dropped and I believe they're real. Maybe that video going around resurfaced or something. I suppose you can reach out to the mods so they can check.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Rote90
People on the main sub reddit basically said to me that Larian's forums are occupied with AA fans, so this is why Larian pays so much attention to those who are loud on Larian's forums and now is changing the original animation, which for my playthroughs was spot on.

Yes, awful us AA fans. There were also many posts on discord about it that Larian had to delete eventually.

I never said you don't have the right to post here.

Originally Posted by Ametris
People on the main sub reddit basically said to me that Larian's forums are occupied with AA fans, so this is why Larian pays so much attention to those who are loud on Larian's forums and now is changing the original animation, which for my playthroughs was spot on.

Yes, awful us AA fans. There were also many posts on discord about it that Larian had to delete eventually.

Please, don't put your words into my mouth. As you can see, I myself play AA romance so I'm a fellow AA fan, just with a different opinion.

addict
addict
Please, don't put your words into my mouth. As you can see, I myself play AA romance so I'm a fellow AA fan, just with a different opinion.

That was a sarcastic joke.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Welcome to new forum members, and apologies that you have been exposed to this rudeness and unwarranted accusations of bad faith. I promise that’s not in line with the standards of behaviour we expect here.

If anyone feels that a post is not in line with our Forum Rules they are welcome to report the post using the flag icon.

Now, let’s draw a line and move on.

enthusiast
enthusiast
People on Reddit, why don't they pay attention not to the ‘occupation forum fans AA’, but to occupy the script with their own eyes as Larian did in the 7th patch and corrected it to fit the story that was originally written.

Astarion got his freedom the immoral way.
Tav agreed to ‘together forever’.
They both enjoyed it. Nobody was pretending to be anything.
Tav realised everything in time.
That's how it was originally.

Dead doves only lay in 3-4 lines, the level of calling Astarion pathetic, or parting ways with Spawn at the end. And in a lot of fanfiction.

Change the face to a scared or stone face optionally.
So switch kiss for a drow face who thinks Spawn is vulnerable, lame, like his siblings, they was right.
They manipulated him by 18 charisma to see if he was an independent person. Given that the phrase has no flags, even an evil character could say it.
idk rpg.
Something like slight sadness, disappointment and tiredness, in a kiss, the drow finally made up their mind, then that would be a reason to break up. Drow don't like the lame.

Of course, if Larian add a switch, shouldn't Astarion's face switch to something - :0 :\ :<
In AA's case, the influence of Satan, vampirism, or improperly treated trauma may have made him a
rapist-abuser
who smiles when the person who cared for him in the first few years of slavery is uncomfortable during intimacy.
But I don't think so, it's a free Astarion.
In the case of Spawn, then Tav will have cold face, he won't smile either, but will be confused and worried probably.

Then there's no problem, otherwise it's not fair. Someone has the logic of intimacy in a romance where they love each other, so they don't break up, but not AA fans, they are on the dovecote, contradicting the script.

If I ask for a this drow rpg, with the karma I'm gonna have I'll be kicked out of Reddit's Sansara. And they'd be right. Because there's a breakup button for my drow instead of a kiss.

Obviously the romance didn't have anything to do with that, there shouldn't have been such a cold mood in the kisses either in both paths.

Consent, kissing, intimacy in the AA story has always been dictated by the majority of lines, in the game, especially in intimacy as a story about pleasure.

Last edited by LiryFire; 01/09/24 07:05 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I said, let’s draw a line. We should not import beefs from other places here.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Locking this thread as post patch release discussion is now in https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=948667#Post948667

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard