Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Banned
Banned
A
And even if it's true, by the same YouTube polls, 80% prefer Spawn. Which means that by this logic, Larian should have added more kisses to Spawn (who is the only one with 2 vs 4-8 for all the other companions) instead of spending time on AA AGAIN.

Oh, for God's sake. Personally, I'm in favor of it. I just wish people would leave AA and its fans alone. Sometimes I think spawn fans get mad at AA fans just because they feel left out. Like it's our fault?

I don't understand why HappyTav fans are so vehemently against other AA fans to have this option.

We are against it because AA is not a rapist or sadist who enjoys scaring Tav. Those kisses are against the script, it's OOC and remaking the character to fit fanfic and headcanon scripts. This has been discussed 100 times in previous threads. Are we going to go in circles again? It's not a matter of choice, it's a matter of AA as persnonage, which is far more important.

Would you like it if I asked Larian to make it so that in one of the endings, Astarion tries to kill Tav? I don't think you'd be very loyal to my request.

What if I create a similar thread on this forum and say I love the spawn route as a tragedy? I know plenty of AA fans, myself included, who played the spawn route for the sake of making up for the completeness of the story. I know many look at the spawn route as a tragedy, the giving up of a dream in the name of Tav's beliefs. After all I've done for you - after everything I've sacrificed! I can interpret the spawn's words as a sign that he actually deeply regrets his choice not to ascend, but agrees not to because of Tav. In the same dialog, he even almost threatens to feed Tav to the spawns in the Underdark. Perhaps by one of the endings he could have tried to kill Tav? I'd like to do a roleplay like that. I should have killed you when I had the chance... Considering he only says that phrase when he's in a relationship with Tav, it speaks volumes. Aren't all interpretations important?

Also, speaking of roleplay limitations, AA fans have long asked for changes to Tav's dialog after the ritual. “I want you. I want your body.” and ‘I want to be a vampire, like you.’ are not what I want to say. The other dialog options are even worse. It's very limiting to roleplay. My Tav would like to confess his love, but he's not given that opportunity. I'm literally forced to be either a mindless horny person using Astarion either for sex or to become a vampire, or someone who condemns him. Needless to say, none of these things my Tav would say? Some of Tav's dialog is much more abusive than AA's.

Originally Posted by Rote90
It's Larian's decision.
We all know what Larian's original vision and facial expressions were. They only changed it, because some group of AA fans asked it to be changed.

When Patch 6 first came out, I recall there being a huge amount of praise from people telling Larian, "Yes, please don't change those kisses, this is great, this is how he's supposed to be," etc. You don't know why they've changed the facial expressions now, and it's unfair to put the "blame" on AA fans, who are already a relatively small, often mocked, bullied, and targeted group. To all: Please don't say things which could encourage more targeted hate or harassment towards a fanbase. Thank you.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
As I said not long ago:

Right, I've put enough warnings in this thread about respecting others' opinions and character preferences. If I have to come over here again today, I'm going to lock the thread to give us all a break and time to have a think and calm down.

We are all entitled to our preferences, and to express them within forum rules.

I'm locking this thread for now. I'll review with other members of the moderation team after the weekend to see whether it should be reopened and/or whether any further forum members should get warnings.

Can I also highlight that it is basic netiquette that once a moderator has intervened that other forum members do not pile on?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard