Print Thread
V
V01D Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is having problems with the new modding tool integration. I have used BGMM up until the newest update and had had to skim through all the mods i was running in order to make sure they were compatible with the new version. However im still getting an error message before entering my save as some mods werent compatible, and thus removed, but still am not allowed to play. Im getting a popup with a blank bar were im supposed to type something and a box to tick
Does anyone have this issue and know how to resolve it?

K
stranger
stranger
K
im running into a similar issue. ive updated all my mods but i CANNOT start the game at all. cant load a game, cant start a new game. just kicks me back to the main menu. and i really dont know why.

im still using bg3mm. and when i look in the in game mod manager ALL my mods have caustion symbols that say "3rd party mod" i hope that im still allowed to use bg3mm and my 3rd party mods.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Interested in this as well before I try to load my save game and unavoidably brick it. Any official statements/guides from Larian?

Deinstalling mods without prep mid playthrough is going to make many savegames unloadable, surely they didn't just make all mods incompatible with patch 7 overnight? That sort of oversight would be downright crazy... especially for those of us who were waiting for patch 7 to drop to see some new endings.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Having this same issue. I use Vortex to manage my mods. Also getting the blank bar etc

T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm having the same issue. I can't even start a new game. It worked fine yesterday when the patch dropped and then overnight it broke.

K
stranger
stranger
K
So I am curious as to why Larian didn't partner up with Nexus? Why waste their resources when modding was alive and well without them? Couldn't that time have been better spent finishing half assed story arcs like the butcher job they did to Minthara? This just strikes me as gross incompetence and a slap in the face to the fan base....

O
stranger
stranger
O
I know there is a new version of BG3mm, you should try to install it and then delete the modsettingfile, launch the game then put back your load order with bg3mm.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Can I uninstall the patch until mods are fixed? I didn't even mean to update it. Steam must have automatically patched it on its own.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by TeamLexana
Can I uninstall the patch until mods are fixed? I didn't even mean to update it. Steam must have automatically patched it on its own.

Does this help?

Originally Posted by Salo
UPDATE:

Not ready to play Patch 7 just yet?

We’ve made a Patch 6 beta branch available for those who want to to allow more time for mod authors to update their mods, continue to play on multiplayer with Mac, or keep your console cross-saves working!

1. Right click on BG3 in your Steam Library > Properties > Betas
2. On Beta Participation select: release_patch6_hf9

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=948611#Post948611

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
T
stranger
stranger
T
I will try it! Thanks so much!

Edited to add:

Unfortunately, no, this did not help. I can start a new game this way, but with no mods. The grind is just too real for me to want to do that, sorry, lol. But I did buy an expensive laptop and rebought the game on steam, just to play with mods and now that it seems was a giant waste of money. Should have just waited for mod support on xbox. Even if they were watered down versions of the pc mods.

Last edited by TeamLexana; 07/09/24 11:50 AM.
old hand
old hand
I did the patch 7 upgrade and ran into problems, so reverted to the patch 6 branch in steam/PC , and everything is working again. The old saves load without problems.
After the reversal, all mods were disabled though, so you have to enable all of them again in the modmanager.
If you have \localmods, you also have to reinstall the native lod moader for these to work.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hmm I'm on GOG, not Steam. I'm starting to feel like my game is just screwed.

Link Copied to Clipboard