Print Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Auric
Honestly I wish someone archived the Early Access install

*Raises hand* grin

(Bit Off-topic)

Specifically have Update #7 backed up before Larian started their drastic tonal changes with Update #8 (Bard), which due to so many questionable artistic changes I disliked so much it became the catalyst of my extensive feedback-providing overdrive mode and the start of my worries for the game's future artistic changes. They even took away my favorite Drow hairstyle with that patch, was really sad about that one.

Anyone who doesn't have it backed up can download any EA version through Steam console using depots. Was actually thinking of replaying Early Access until Update #7 arrives, would love to replay it from the very beginning again for comparison purposes.

For me personally Early Access was drastically a far more superior version of the story than what we got since release as it was more complex and cohesive. I honestly wish Larian stuck with what they had originally written, it's why I have it backed up and wish I could play their original story. It was dark, gritty, serious and a way more mature (and graphic) story while all of the companions wonderfully fit within that scope when the game actually tried to stick to the whole 'who can we actually trust' theme. Nobody could be trusted because everyone was so self-centered and skeptical of each other and I loved it so much, especially when the Dreamer came along with the dreams and consequences which pushed that mistrust theme into overdrive. I was so fascinated by the Dreamer, the dreams and the overall illithid implication because the entire plot clicked into place perfectly by having so many fully connected intricate details that were so well connected to the point some of us on these forums managed to deduct most of the plot based on pure EA details. It was that well written.

It was a wonderfully mature story and I never understood the need for extensive companion personality rewrites based on just 10% of the story at the time, since I loved pretty much all of them because they all fit perfectly within its theme.

• Shadowheart I loved interacting with because she behaved like an actual zealot with a tremendously enigmatic aura. So secretive and cruel with her snarky outbursts, yet so innocent at times. It was an interesting dynamic, despite being blatantly obvious she's actually a Selunite.

• Everything about Lae'zel fascinated me so much, from her expressive annoyance to especially her mannerisms, I would end up mesmerized just observing the way she speaks and moves. She was my favorite companion in Early Access, so beautifully unique and I was very sad when most of her mannerisms got dialed down with entire voice lines even changed to portray less of her racial annoyance.

Her scene when she describes Crèche K'liir was my absolute favorite scene of hers, looked forward to it every single playthrough of Early Access. The way she so beautifully gazes at the sky with a glint in her eyes to talk about her home and then so gently shifts her gaze towards the player with a saddened look when mentioning K'liir *CHEF'S KISS*. Such a beautifully made scene with a ton of emotion conveyed, I LOVED admiring such details in characters. But then with full release we get this piece of tsk'va instead, with her barely looking at the sky and the camera focusing on our own character... Shka'keth!

• Astarion was from a writing standpoint the most complex written companion, because unlike the others, his writing focused more on psychological traumas by having to very carefully navigate around his mental barriers like they're a minefield. It is what made me love exploring his character so much back then. The layers of psychological barriers he kept up in each dialogue was astounding.

I always fondly remember the dialogue right after the party's dreams (when only 2 companions could talk about any camp event); if he was the first to be asked about his dreams he'd pretend they were just as enticing as everyone else's. However if the player passed a hidden check they'd find out he was actually lying and terribly tormented by them, after which the player had to carefully navigate the dialogue to reveal more of his torturous past because if the player tried to offer him sympathy he'd lash out or even threaten to kill them. It was so brilliantly written him not trusting anyone and being paranoid to death.

• Wyll I also loved a ton, his story was super interesting. Why are we pursuing Mizora, who even is she, why is he so pissed off about goblins, why did Spike still have his eye after all those years, could we even possibly restore his eye later via Ethel or someone else? So many interesting things happening at once, so much potential as the most connected companion to ACT I... only to be reduced to Karlach's useless sidekick later. What a freaking letdown.

• Gale I liked, he was just always nice. Mysterious, but nice. I never saw him as someone that could not be trusted, just private and I always respected that about him.

I loved that they were rough around the edges by being heavily opinionated, I loved that they had actual clashing personalities and felt like actual strangers a person would get stuck with if something like this happened in real life. Until Larian unfortunately decided to terribly smooth out their personalities and remove most of their complexity to the point none today have any sort of rough edges, they just agree to pretty much everything and, other than Lae'zel, barely clash against the player when they don't...

Minthara I loved so much back then because as a potential character she was genuine, intriguing, full of potential and, just like Lae'zel, I absolutely adore when a character radiates their racial culture. It's why Sebille and Red Prince were my favorite characters in DOS2 and why Lae'zel and Minthara are my favorite in BG3 as they're both so uniquely beautiful with such blunt personalities and rich cultures, but today I cherish her drastically far more than any other companion because she is phenomenally well written and kept her unique personality that is such a pleasure to observe in full release.

She wears her heart on her sleeve, being blunt as hell without fear of clashing against the party. I love that and I respect when a character has an actual backbone to clash against the player by being written for the actual story, instead of the character being written for the player (like Shadowheart who intentionally got developed to be as sweet as possible due to complaints). The moment she won my full interest in Early Access was right after the sex scene, when her real personality emerged with her sincerely regretting how her dream of us being together forever can never be. Right then and there I knew immediately that whoever she is meant to be in full release is not this mind-controlled batshit insane genocidal evil maniac she was believed to be. There was a lot of deep love, sharp wisdom and sincere regret in that tiny moment of hers, which I found to be incredibly sweet and it always stuck with me since.

To me she is the best written companion of them all today despite her unfinished development, because the tiny portion of content that she does have (and actually works) is incredibly passionate quality writing. Which is why none of the other companions today for me, other than Lae'zel, come even remotely close to her due to their own extensive personality rewrites.

Had she been equally developed as the rest of the cast for release then her actress Emma Gregory would actually receive some well-deserved attention and praise for such an exceptionally captivating performance as Minthara. It just freaking hurts my soul... neither deserved to be treated like this.

veteran
veteran
Gale had this insane plot twist with making a deal with Raphael behind your back (if not fed magic for long). This was so brilliant to be honest. I really miss that bit, it could be gold material for creating a situational villain out of your own greed and lack of compassion.

Last edited by neprostoman; 17/08/24 07:12 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Crimsonrider
So what happened... why did Minthara who was genuinely loved and consistently receiving development (also the only one with a fully-developed sex scene at the time) end up as the most underdeveloped, nonfunctional and abandoned character of the entire cast?

Most people today upon seeing Minthara's state or these disingenuously presented stats come to the conclusion it's due to "lack of character's popularity"; but for retrospect Jaheira did not exist during Early Access at all, yet she does not suffer from any of the issues that Minthara suffers. Even has miniscule details covered such as having voicelines for the [Sentient Amulet] from ACT I, whereas Minthara does not.

The truth simply is that Larian abandoned her at the peak of her popularity due to their poor development management and afterwards failed to ensure their cast of characters is equally interesting with equal amounts of content due to blatant favoritism post-launch. That's why the quality and the amount of content between companions vary so drastically today, that's why Minthara, Halsin and Wyll are in the positions they're in, that's why Sarevok and Viconia are just shallow throwaway villains, that's why it took a whole year for us to get proper evil endings as the final content update, that's why the evil path is so deprived of content, quality control and development care, etc...

Poor development management back then, blatant favoritism since then.

Why is Minthara still broken as an Early Access character a year later when she had so much content written for her behind-the-scenes?
Why were Sarevok and Viconia not made companions for the evil path as direct counterparts to Jaheira and Minsc?
Why weren't Sazza or Nere made companions to compensate for the loss of Halsin, Wyll, Karlach, potentially Gale, potentially Minthara?
Why does the good path gain 9 companions, but the evil path takes away over 60 NPCs and 4 companions while giving only 1 companion that's not even functional?
Why do all evil characters we peacefully interact with either run off-screen or die off-screen?
Why does the evil path entirely feel as just a slight variation of the actual intended good path with drastically less content in it?

(Bit Off-topic)

For me personally Early Access was drastically a far more superior version of the story than what we got since release as it was more complex and cohesive. I honestly wish Larian stuck with what they had originally written, it's why I have it backed up and wish I could play their original story. It was dark, gritty, serious and a way more mature (and graphic) story while all of the companions wonderfully fit within that scope when the game actually tried to stick to the whole 'who can we actually trust' theme. Nobody could be trusted because everyone was so self-centered and skeptical of each other and I loved it so much, especially when the Dreamer came along with the dreams and consequences which pushed that mistrust theme into overdrive. I was so fascinated by the Dreamer, the dreams and the overall illithid implication because the entire plot clicked into place perfectly by having so many fully connected intricate details that were so well connected to the point some of us on these forums managed to deduct most of the plot based on pure EA details. It was that well written.

It was a wonderfully mature story and I never understood the need for extensive companion personality rewrites based on just 10% of the story at the time, since I loved pretty much all of them because they all fit perfectly within its theme.

• Shadowheart I loved interacting with because she behaved like an actual zealot with a tremendously enigmatic aura. So secretive and cruel with her snarky outbursts, yet so innocent at times. It was an interesting dynamic, despite being blatantly obvious she's actually a Selunite.

• Everything about Lae'zel fascinated me so much, from her expressive annoyance to especially her mannerisms, I would end up mesmerized just observing the way she speaks and moves. She was my favorite companion in Early Access, so beautifully unique and I was very sad when most of her mannerisms got dialed down with entire voice lines even changed to portray less of her racial annoyance.

Her scene when she describes Crèche K'liir was my absolute favorite scene of hers, looked forward to it every single playthrough of Early Access. The way she so beautifully gazes at the sky with a glint in her eyes to talk about her home and then so gently shifts her gaze towards the player with a saddened look when mentioning K'liir *CHEF'S KISS*. Such a beautifully made scene with a ton of emotion conveyed, I LOVED admiring such details in characters. But then with full release we get this piece of tsk'va instead, with her barely looking at the sky and the camera focusing on our own character... Shka'keth!

• Astarion was from a writing standpoint the most complex written companion, because unlike the others, his writing focused more on psychological traumas by having to very carefully navigate around his mental barriers like they're a minefield. It is what made me love exploring his character so much back then. The layers of psychological barriers he kept up in each dialogue was astounding.

I always fondly remember the dialogue right after the party's dreams (when only 2 companions could talk about any camp event); if he was the first to be asked about his dreams he'd pretend they were just as enticing as everyone else's. However if the player passed a hidden check they'd find out he was actually lying and terribly tormented by them, after which the player had to carefully navigate the dialogue to reveal more of his torturous past because if the player tried to offer him sympathy he'd lash out or even threaten to kill them. It was so brilliantly written him not trusting anyone and being paranoid to death.

• Wyll I also loved a ton, his story was super interesting. Why are we pursuing Mizora, who even is she, why is he so pissed off about goblins, why did Spike still have his eye after all those years, could we even possibly restore his eye later via Ethel or someone else? So many interesting things happening at once, so much potential as the most connected companion to ACT I... only to be reduced to Karlach's useless sidekick later. What a freaking letdown.

• Gale I liked, he was just always nice. Mysterious, but nice. I never saw him as someone that could not be trusted, just private and I always respected that about him.

I loved that they were rough around the edges by being heavily opinionated, I loved that they had actual clashing personalities and felt like actual strangers a person would get stuck with if something like this happened in real life. Until Larian unfortunately decided to terribly smooth out their personalities and remove most of their complexity to the point none today have any sort of rough edges, they just agree to pretty much everything and, other than Lae'zel, barely clash against the player when they don't...

(...) It just freaking hurts my soul... neither deserved to be treated like this.

Thank you for your posts. You perfectly described things that are wrong with the game and my own grief. What could have been... Sigh...

This game is only great (can still be debatable) if you play as a goody-two-shoes chara. Those who like morally ambiguous playthroughs and/or nuanced evil ones were clearly neglected.

I don't even want to play anymore with Minthara and act 3 being in this sad state. frown

Originally Posted by neprostoman
Gale had this insane plot twist with making a deal with Raphael behind your back (if not fed magic for long). This was so brilliant to be honest. I really miss that bit, it could be gold material for creating a situational villain out of your own greed and lack of compassion.

I completely forgot about this one! Another great EA scene that was unfortunately cut. They sanitised the characters too much.

T
stranger
stranger
T
This are some Patch 7/Minthara Updates i got from a Play Tester.

- The Minthara/Halsin Ultimatum is not in the Game
- No different or Romantical Greetings for Minthara
- only the already Datamined KO Dialog. Not more
- but a bunch of Bug fixes
- and eViL Endings. I don't need them!

So basicly nothing of interest for Minthara. As always. 🙄
If this is true

Last edited by Tim30; 20/08/24 03:03 PM.
veteran
veteran
Will be reserving judgement until I get through everything myself, as there will be lots to test around her, especially when it comes to her newly introduced bugs.

Also I saw your PM but didn't find time to reply, sorry, was just so busy with other stuff. Was curious what the spoiler was about though.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think one of the bigger issues introduced with her is the cheesy/meta-knowledge heavy recruitment path. (Knocking her out despite having absolutely no reason ingame to do so.) I was pretty disappointed when they added that. Felt very gamey and pandering. Imo, they should either redo that option to make it fit in naturally (e.g., by having it be an option you can just stumble upon, like, if you assault the Goblin camp and start murdering everybody, she flees and is then found at Moonrise in Act 2), or remove it and focus on fleshing out her reactions to an evil path. Granted, there's still the "Help neither the Grove nor the Goblins" neutral path, but I feel like that needs less work to fully integrate into the game, as it doesn't rely on somehow explaining why the PC spared her. In general, I think the focus should be on fixing what's there, instead of trying to add new stuff which isn't up to the standard of the fully fleshed out parts of the game.

Then again, I don't believe they'll add substantially to her (or any companion's, for that matter) storyline in the upcoming patches. It's a bit sad: I do want the bugfixes of the later patches, but some of the new things introduced actively take away from the story and diminish the Choice & Consequence aspect. You now kinda have to metagame to know which options are actually well implemented, instead of just exploring the game organically. Sorry if I sound overly negative; BG3 doesn't do itself any favours by brilliantly implementing most things - the subpar implementations become much more obvious, then.

Last edited by Voidos; 25/08/24 01:15 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Minthara's KO recruitment supposedly only gets the already datamined KO dialogue with Patch 7. Not more. This recruitment won't really be improved with Patch 7. And nothing will happen in the future. Except maybe bug fixes. This recruitment will always remain a half-hearted affair! 🙄

Minthara's KO recruitment was pretty half-hearted/poorly implemented. I think we only got that because she performed too poorly with the old recruitment. And ofcourse Fan demand. The KO method was originally added in Patch 5. Minthara also had to be “temporarily hostile” back then. Total Nonsense! 🙄 Larian probably wanted to get this done quickly to add it to Patch 5.

Something like the KO recruitment should have been in the game from the very start! Completely and not half-heartedly! Locking Minthara into the evil/neutral run was complete nonsense. Without having the opportunity to get her in a good run! 🙄

To be honest, I hate this Halsin/Minthara exclusivity. That we players get stones thrown at our feet right at the beginning! I hate it. 🙄

Minthara easily feels like a wasted character.

Nevertheless, she is the best for me! 💜
Whatever she is supposed to be.

old hand
old hand
The KO option was very likely already partially implemented before patch 5, because before that, there existed a mod that allowed you to recruit Minthara in that way. (Knock her KO in the goblin camp and retrieve her in Moonrise) so all these paths were already there, even though not complete. I used that mod, but it messed up the chronology of Minthara's converstations, so became irritating after you had recruited her.
(The mod was called "daughter of Lolth". Became obsolete with patch 5. https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1713?tab=description )

Last edited by ldo58; 25/08/24 04:16 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
I would have absolutely no problems with her and Halsin being exclusive; they kinda *should* be. Choices don't really matter if there aren't consequences. And I just can't see Minthara and Halsin getting along; even if you can get both in Act 2, there should be a choice at the end of that act, where Halsin will stay to heal the land if you want to take Minthara with you. Would force the player to actually choose and act according to their principles. It's the same as with the other characters who leave if you make certain choices. I guess if they did have a fully fleshed out story, it could somehow work, but eh... I'd rather we get unique stuff for unique playthroughs, rather than "you can do everything in one playthrough if you pick the right choices"; the game becomes rather meta-game heavy then. The game is best when you roleplay heavily, so it should be encouraged over a completionist approach. BG3 is one of the few games where choices actually carry tangible consequences; that should include companions refusing to work with certain people.

old hand
old hand
Halsin joining up with a team that has Shadowheart is not logical either. The defining time in Halsin's life was the fight against Ketheric Thorm and his Dark Justiciars, while SH 's prime ambition is to become aDark Justiciar.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by ldo58
Halsin joining up with a team that has Shadowheart is not logical either. The defining time in Halsin's life was the fight against Ketheric Thorm and his Dark Justiciars, while SH 's prime ambition is to become aDark Justiciar.

It's especially hilarious with Avatar-Shadowheart. But yes I was also wondering if there was maybe something planned for these two because Halsin's tentless status seems more like a temporary than a final solution. (At least put the guy in the cute pit in the Elfsong and not in the corridor.)

V
stranger
stranger
V
I guess with Shadowheart, there's at least the excuse that she's not particularly open about her ambitions, and I might be off, but I don't think she's wearing identifiable Dark Justiciar stuff? Of course, when she openly says what she wants to do, there should probably be some reaction from Halsin, but at that point, one could argue that they already did some good deeds together, so, it could go either way. Minthara didn't exactly try to hide what she was doing, and directly imprisoned Halsin just before the game starts; those wounds are probably a bit fresher.

In any case, I'm not arguing that everything has to be 100% "logical" or that no conflicting viewpoints should exist within the party. I don't want to limit player choice too much, either. I just think that Minthara and Halsin are probably the most clear cut example of "evil" and "good" characters, kind of direct opposites of one another, and framed as that by the story and the quests they partake in in Act 1. Having them be the reward for the player clearly comitting to one or the other path seems good to me.

Last edited by Voidos; 25/08/24 06:34 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Minthara is mind controlled at the start of the game, Halsin holding it against her after you rescue her and release her from actual mind control doesn't hold up either. The exclusivity is just to be gamey and as a cheap gimmick reward to show choices matter while weighting the game against certain choices so they dont have to matter

anyway why I logged on
https://www.tumblr.com/alicelufenia/760330287990407168?source=share
this post just came up on tumblr of a way to get Minthara's full plotline without losing Wyll & Karlach and worth the read

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
veteran
veteran
For those curious Patch #7 is finally bringing in those exciting party romance banters and that includes Minthara's as well;

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] SHADOWHEART

AFTER ACT II ROMANCE SCENE IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING MINTHARA;

• Shadowheart: Any doubts about falling for a foe, Minthara? Or does that just add spice to things?
  • Minthara: I do not fall for my foes. I vanquish them.
  • Minthara: I cannot love who I do not trust, with either my heart or my body. I am fortunate to have found someone worthy.

AFTER ACT III ROMANCE SCENE IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING MINTHARA;

• Shadowheart: Is drow society as the books say? It almost sounds tempting - matriarchal power, flourishing to its greatest extent.
  • Minthara: It flourishes because the strong feed on the weak. Charming as you are, child, you would be nourishment for the matrons mothers.
  • Shadowheart: ...Of course.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING SHADOWHEART AND REJECTED SHAR;

• Minthara: I may not weep for my home, but I would take a mushroom over a flower any day.
  • Shadowheart: I would have said I admire fungi as well.
  • Shadowheart: Until I met such a thing you call a Myconid.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING SHADOWHEART AND ACCEPTED SHAR;

• Minthara: I cannot tell if you are more a deviant or a debutante, Shadowheart.
  • Minthara: I would like to test both aspects of your character when next you find yourself alone at night.
  • Shadowheart: I'm not quite sure I like where this is going.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] LAE'ZEL

• Lae'zel: Our leader is a fool for love, Minthara. I'd never be compelled to conduct such a poorly-planned jailbreak.
  • Minthara: They did not do it for love. They did it for my prowess in combat, as well as coitus. I excel in both.
  • Lae'zel: As do I. Sometimes the acts are not dissimilar.

• Lae'zel: At what age do you think it is right to set a child upon mortal combat?
  • Minthara: The moment it can hold a blade. It may even test its resilience against some common poisons while it is still in the womb.
  • Lae'zel: Tsk'va. We do not wilfully risk our young until they are of thirteen years. No point wasting battle-flesh before it's primed.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING LAE'ZEL AFTER ACT II ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: A few pointers, Lae'zel. I heard you and your lover locked in combat, but the test you set was not rigorous enough.
  • Minthara: Next time, tie them to the ground, and do not release them until you are both satisfied.
  • Lae'zel: Hmm. You have given me ideas...

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING LAE'ZEL AFTER ACT III ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: You fight harder than ever now that you have a lover to protect from harm, Lae'zel.
  • Minthara: The githyanki should encourage relations between their soldiers. It is a proven tactic for morale.
  • Lae'zel: We need no boon for morale - I fight well when there is kin at my side. And now, I count one more among them.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] KARLACH

• Karlach: Hey, so, what's romance like in the Underdark, Minthara?
  • Minthara: In Menzoberranzan, romance is commonly a luxury enjoyed between women. Men are mostly present for propagation.
  • Minthara: Here on the surface, gender does not define one's role so strictly. There are weaklings of every sort.

• Karlach: It's funny seeing you so smitten, Minthara. Didn't think you were able.
  • Minthara: I took my first lover before you were a spark in your father's eye, child.
  • Karlach: Go on.
  • Minthara: She was a high priestess of House Vandree. Beautiful, elegant, ruthless.
  • Minthara: I adored her, and had been sharing her bed for some time when the order came that she must die.
  • Minthara: I stayed with her while the poison did its work, and whispered words of comfort as she slipped away.
  • Karlach: Oh no.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING KARLACH AFTER ACT II ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: You allowed that smith to meddle with your heart, Karlach, simply so you can be touched?
  • Minthara: Better to shut off the carnal desires than indulge them. They are distractions.
  • Karlach: Yes, because every function comes with a handy switch.
  • Karlach: Next time I'm injured, don't heal, just turn me off and on again.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING KARLACH AFTER ACT III ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: Have you ever been afraid, Karlach? Truly afraid?
  • Karlach: You know how much time I spent in the hells, right? Of course I've been scared!
  • Karlach: I kept on going though. Knew there'd be better days on the other side - and here they are.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] GALE

• Gale: I'm glad to know you have a softer side, Minthara. I was beginning to think you rather heartless.
  • Minthara: Loving another is not soft, wizard. It is one of the hardest things a person can do.
  • Gale: So you admit you've found love! How delightful - I'm happy for you both.

• Gale: I found an empty bottle of venom in camp, Minthara. Safe to assume it was yours?
  • Minthara: Indeed. I have been dosing my partner while they sleep by my side.
  • Minthara: They refuse to take it in their food, but I must build up their immunity in case we ever visit Menzoberranzan together.
  • Gale: Let's never speak of this again.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING GALE AFTER ACT II ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: You've been smiling like a fool of late, wizard. Explain yourself.
  • Gale: I've found love. Surely even you wouldn't begrudge me some happiness.
  • Minthara: All I will say on the matter is that you were wise to lower your standards from the godly to the ghastly.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING GALE AFTER ACT III ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: Do you have elder siblings, wizard?
  • Gale: You're about to say something awful, aren't you?
  • Minthara: In Menzoberranzan, after a house has two sons, every subsequent male-born child is slaughtered at birth, as it is useless, even for breeding.
  • Minthara: You have the aura of a third child about you.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] WYLL

• Wyll: I really hope you're being careful with our friend, Minthara. I wouldn't want you to break each other.
  • Minthara: If I break them, it will be in the pursuit of pleasure, and they will die smiling.

• Wyll: Amorous passions usually make people more considerate, Minthara. Kinder. Sympathetic. Better at cooperating.
  • Minthara: They can also make people more protective, guarded, paranoid, and jealous.
  • Wyll: Never mind.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING WYLL AND BROKE MIZORA'S CONTRACT;

• Minthara: You confound me, Wyll. You have all the illustrious iniquities of a warlock, and you choose to impress your partner with dancing?
  • Wyll: Well I'm hardly going to say 'oh come here, have a hug in the arms of Hadar'.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING WYLL AND ACCEPTED MIZORA'S CONTRACT;

• Minthara: Your devilish patron is a delight, Wyll. Have you ever lain with her?
  • Wyll: I'm really not that kind of man.
  • Minthara: She will see her failure to seduce you as a stain on her honour. I know I would.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] ASTARION

• Astarion: So how does Lolth feel about romance? Are you expected to bite your mate's head off afterwards?
  • Minthara: Be grateful I no longer follow the Spider Queen's teachings. If I did, you would be the first to fall into my web.
  • Astarion: I can't tell if you're joking. She is joking, right?

• Astarion: So, what's it like caring for someone other than yourself, Minthara?
  • Minthara: You have never tried it, I assume.
  • Astarion: Gods no. It sounds like a lot of work.
  • Minthara: It takes less work than you devote to maintaining your foppish facade. And it's far more rewarding.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING ASTARION AFTER ACT II ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: Half the men of Menzoberranzan are pleasure-servants. Weaklings, whose beauty is their only redeeming quality.
  • Minthara: You would fit right in with them, Astarion.
  • Astarion: You think I'm beautiful? Oh, Minthara.
  • Minthara: Hrmmph.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING ASTARION AND REMAINED A SPAWN;

• Minthara: Are you a better man now that you are loved, Astarion? Did they mend your ways?
  • Astarion: I rather think they did. Can't imagine anyone wanting to do that for you, though dear.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING ASTARION AND BECAME A VAMPIRE LORD;

• Minthara: Would you ever consider sharing the gift of immortality with me, Astarion?
  • Astarion: I think not. That is for me and my darling to share.
  • Minthara: If they have prevented your eyes and fangs from wandering to other necks, it must be a special bond indeed.

veteran
veteran
Ok, I laughed out laud at this dialogue - love it.

Minthara: You confound me, Wyll. You have all the illustrious iniquities of a warlock, and you choose to impress your partner with dancing?
Wyll: Well I'm hardly going to say 'oh come here, have a hug in the arms of Hadar'.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Love all of the banters, really happy they are accessible in-game now. Thank you for sharing Crimsomrider!

And yeah, that Wyll one is really funny.. heh. grin

Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
For those curious Patch #7 is finally bringing in those exciting party romance banters and that includes Minthara's as well;

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] SHADOWHEART

• Shadowheart: Any doubts about falling for a foe, Minthara? Or does that just add spice to things?
  • Minthara: I do not fall for my foes. I vanquish them.
  • Minthara: I cannot love who I do not trust, with either my heart or my body. I am fortunate to have found someone worthy.

• Shadowheart: Is drow society as the books say? It almost sounds tempting - matriarchal power, flourishing to its greatest extent.
  • Minthara: It flourishes because the strong feed on the weak. Charming as you are, child, you would be nourishment for the matrons mothers.
  • Shadowheart: ...Of course.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING SHADOWHEART AND REJECTED SHAR;

• Minthara: I may not weep for my home, but I would take a mushroom over a flower any day.
  • Shadowheart: I would have said I admire fungi as well.
  • Shadowheart: Until I met such a thing you call a Myconid.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING SHADOWHEART AND ACCEPTED SHAR;

• Minthara: I cannot tell if you are more a deviant or a debutante, Shadowheart.
  • Minthara: I would like to test both aspects of your character when next you find yourself alone at night.
  • Shadowheart: I'm not quite sure I like where this is going.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] LAE'ZEL

• Lae'zel: Our leader is a fool for love, Minthara. I'd never be compelled to conduct such a poorly-planned jailbreak.
  • Minthara: They did not do it for love. They did it for my prowess in combat, as well as coitus. I excel in both.
  • Lae'zel: As do I. Sometimes the acts are not dissimilar.

• Lae'zel: At what age do you think it is right to set a child upon mortal combat?
  • Minthara: The moment it can hold a blade. It may even test its resilience against some common poisons while it is still in the womb.
  • Lae'zel: Tsk'va. We do not wilfully risk our young until they are of thirteen years. No point wasting battle-flesh before it's primed.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING LAE'ZEL AFTER ACT II ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: A few pointers, Lae'zel. I heard you and your lover locked in combat, but the test you set was not rigorous enough.
  • Minthara: Next time, tie them to the ground, and do not release them until you are both satisfied.
  • Lae'zel: Hmm. You have given me ideas...

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING LAE'ZEL AFTER ACT III ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: You fight harder than ever now that you have a lover to protect from harm, Lae'zel.
  • Minthara: The githyanki should encourage relations between their soldiers. It is a proven tactic for morale.
  • Lae'zel: We need no boon for morale - I fight well when there is kin at my side. And now, I count one more among them.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] KARLACH

• Karlach: Hey, so, what's romance like in the Underdark, Minthara?
  • Minthara: In Menzoberranzan, romance is commonly a luxury enjoyed between women. Men are mostly present for propagation.
  • Minthara: Here on the surface, gender does not define one's role so strictly. There are weaklings of every sort.

• Karlach: It's funny seeing you so smitten, Minthara. Didn't think you were able.
  • Minthara: I took my first lover before you were a spark in your father's eye, child.
  • Karlach: Go on.
  • Minthara: She was a high priestess of House Vandree. Beautiful, elegant, ruthless.
  • Minthara: I adored her, and had been sharing her bed for some time when the order came that she must die.
  • Minthara: I stayed with her while the poison did its work, and whispered words of comfort as she slipped away.
  • Karlach: Oh no.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING KARLACH AFTER ACT II ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: You allowed that smith to meddle with your heart, Karlach, simply so you can be touched?
  • Minthara: Better to shut off the carnal desires than indulge them. They are distractions.
  • Karlach: Yes, because every function comes with a handy switch.
  • Karlach: Next time I'm injured, don't heal, just turn me off and on again.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING KARLACH AFTER ACT III ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: Have you ever been afraid, Karlach? Truly afraid?
  • Karlach: You know how much time I spent in the hells, right? Of course I've been scared!
  • Karlach: I kept on going though. Knew there'd be better days on the other side - and here they are.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] GALE

• Gale: I'm glad to know you have a softer side, Minthara. I was beginning to think you rather heartless.
  • Minthara: Loving another is not soft, wizard. It is one of the hardest things a person can do.
  • Gale: So you admit you've found love! How delightful - I'm happy for you both.

• Gale: I found an empty bottle of venom in camp, Minthara. Safe to assume it was yours?
  • Minthara: Indeed. I have been dosing my partner while they sleep by my side.
  • Minthara: They refuse to take it in their food, but I must build up their immunity in case we ever visit Menzoberranzan together.
  • Gale: Let's never speak of this again.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING GALE AFTER ACT II ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: You've been smiling like a fool of late, wizard. Explain yourself.
  • Gale: I've found love. Surely even you wouldn't begrudge me some happiness.
  • Minthara: All I will say on the matter is that you were wise to lower your standards from the godly to the ghastly.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING GALE AFTER ACT III ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: Do you have elder siblings, wizard?
  • Gale: You're about to say something awful, aren't you?
  • Minthara: In Menzoberranzan, after a house has two sons, every subsequent male-born child is slaughtered at birth, as it is useless, even for breeding.
  • Minthara: You have the aura of a third child about you.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] WYLL

• Wyll: I really hope you're being careful with our friend, Minthara. I wouldn't want you to break each other.
  • Minthara: If I break them, it will be in the pursuit of pleasure, and they will die smiling.

• Wyll: Amorous passions usually make people more considerate, Minthara. Kinder. Sympathetic. Better at cooperating.
  • Minthara: They can also make people more protective, guarded, paranoid, and jealous.
  • Wyll: Never mind.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING WYLL AND BROKE MIZORA'S CONTRACT;

• Minthara: You confound me, Wyll. You have all the illustrious iniquities of a warlock, and you choose to impress your partner with dancing?
  • Wyll: Well I'm hardly going to say 'oh come here, have a hug in the arms of Hadar'.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING WYLL AND ACCEPTED MIZORA'S CONTRACT;

• Minthara: Your devilish patron is a delight, Wyll. Have you ever lain with her?
  • Wyll: I'm really not that kind of man.
  • Minthara: She will see her failure to seduce you as a stain on her honour. I know I would.

[Linked Image from bg3.wiki] ASTARION

• Astarion: So how does Lolth feel about romance? Are you expected to bite your mate's head off afterwards?
  • Minthara: Be grateful I no longer follow the Spider Queen's teachings. If I did, you would be the first to fall into my web.
  • Astarion: I can't tell if you're joking. She is joking, right?

• Astarion: So, what's it like caring for someone other than yourself, Minthara?
  • Minthara: You have never tried it, I assume.
  • Astarion: Gods no. It sounds like a lot of work.
  • Minthara: It takes less work than you devote to maintaining your foppish facade. And it's far more rewarding.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING ASTARION AFTER ACT II ROMANCE SCENE;

• Minthara: Half the men of Menzoberranzan are pleasure-servants. Weaklings, whose beauty is their only redeeming quality.
  • Minthara: You would fit right in with them, Astarion.
  • Astarion: You think I'm beautiful? Oh, Minthara.
  • Minthara: Hrmmph.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING ASTARION AND REMAINED A SPAWN;

• Minthara: Are you a better man now that you are loved, Astarion? Did they mend your ways?
  • Astarion: I rather think they did. Can't imagine anyone wanting to do that for you, though dear.

IF THE PLAYER IS ROMANCING ASTARION AND BECAME A VAMPIRE LORD;

• Minthara: Would you ever consider sharing the gift of immortality with me, Astarion?
  • Astarion: I think not. That is for me and my darling to share.
  • Minthara: If they have prevented your eyes and fangs from wandering to other necks, it must be a special bond indeed.

Fantastic, thank you for taking the time to share these so thoroughly. cheer
("foppish facade" lol)

T
stranger
stranger
T
Are there any improvements to the Minthara/Halsin situation? Is Thaniel still hanging around Minthara? Or other improvements? Is something known yet? 🥺🫨🫣

I Play on Xbox. So I can't check it out myself yet. 🥺

veteran
veteran
Disappointment #1

• UPDATE #7 - "You'll now acknowledge that you know who Minthara is when talking to Sazza if you've spoken to Minthara before."

Translation: Removed the dialogue option about the 'boss lady' if the player already met Minthara. That's it, just a minor inconsistency fix with a terribly misleading patch note.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
old hand
old hand
A
Do you know, by any chance, if romanced Minthara and God-Gale are allowed to keep a long distance relationship now? Because romanced Ascended Astarion and Avatar-God-Gale have been given a few lines. Ascending to godhood is apparently not so different from following Karlach to Avernus.

Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard