Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I was told to come on here in hopes that maybe others would agree and for Larian to see. But I really wish they would add 1 more kiss for his romance to make it even with AA. Originally when patch 6 came out I was sort of disappointed that he only got one extra kiss compared to everyone else, but no big deal I thought in future patches he would get another one. Unfortunately with Larian most likely slowing down with content, I feel like I’m running out of time with them seeing this particular request. I don't even care if they reuse one of his AA kisses but give it spawn Astarion flair to it. Like I think the bite kiss could be used possibly??

I also want to suggest that they really need to add end game kisses as well for all companions! I find it very unfair that only a few characters got special endgame kisses, but really everyone should get a special one.

I hope they consider doing this with patch 8 :////

?
journeyman
journeyman
?
Just wanted to voice some support and agreement! I've been deeply disappointed about this, so thank you for bringing it up. I would love to see more spawn Astarion kiss(es) since it is unbalanced right now. But I disagree with reusing the bite kiss. Spawn Astarion says that he asks before he bites. I don't recall all of the AA kisses, but I'd be fine with reusing anything that still fit the different characterization. smile

I love both routes and I honestly think that there are still a lot of significant Astarion's bugs worth mentioning in a dedicated thread I want to make, but in my opinion, this situation is so weird, that I suspect his kisses (not just one) are just bugged.
So we need to make a thread about after-Patch7 current issues with Astarion and include this problem in there.

I mean, it's very hard to believe this is not just bugged, because I would hardly expect Larian to just almost completely ignore a single companion on their good path, when all the other companions got like 4-8 kisses (counting with the 'last kiss'). Shadowheart is a good example of it: she also has a 'good' and an 'evil' path and she did get the same amount of kisses for both routes.
Gale has 4 'endgame' kisses - seems odd to add multiple variants of a singular event while leaving only Spawn Astarion lacking so much compared to the others.
So yeah, I'm sure, these scenes just don't trigger, and it's definitely not a single kiss, but the same amount AA got, so hopefully Larian will fix it. Strange that nobody informed them after Patch 6 release.

Last edited by Rote90; 08/09/24 10:00 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Yeah, I never thought about that & that he asks first, good point!!

I just really want more balance between everyone, so then it's fair!

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I agree with this

L
stranger
stranger
L
I also support this

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I really hope that the kisses are just very bugged. I know currently he is suppose to have different dialogue when asking for a kiss if he stays as a spawn but the game hasn’t added that in just yet.

As for nobody informing them in patch 6, I’m not sure why no one did! I’ve been saying this forever but just never knew where to tell them about it lol!

A
old hand
old hand
A
I am seriously so sick of threads about Astarion and his bloody kisses. (pun intended)

The ascended kisses are all special occasion kisses - in my opinion - and like all the swirly dance kisses should have been reserved for special occasions. Especially if an element of surprised shock is present. (For example, getting the bite kiss as the last kiss before the end was fine because it was the only time it played for me. My character's reaction felt appropriate in the continuity of the story.)

Personally, I am fine with two kisses. I just wish the camera angle of the newer one would be adjusted so it looked good with all character heights. I'd even be ok if spawn was left with just his "original" kiss because it has a nice animation while the other one looks a little awkward.

Last edited by Anska; 08/09/24 10:06 PM.
Originally Posted by jessiemeows
I really hope that the kisses are just very bugged. I know currently he is suppose to have different dialogue when asking for a kiss if he stays as a spawn but the game hasn’t added that in just yet.

Also, that single kiss is from a weird, stilted angle, so it definitely feels like Spawn is just completely bugged in this department. Just like his epilogue with a Mindflayer!Tav and his other issues.

I mean, Larian did spend their resources on AA kisses two times in a row to change Tav's facial expressions. Surely, it wouldn't have been their first priority, if SA's scenes were really so lacking compared to AA.

S
stranger
stranger
S
One of the Ascended Astarion kisses (the one where he looks at the neck) was originally a Karlach origin Act 2 kiss (assuming that wasn’t a bug or something). That could be a good option if they want to even out the kisses between the two paths without creating a new one.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Thinking about this more, it would be fun to have something leaning into his silly side. He doesn't let it out too often, but it would be perfect for a spawn Astarion kiss imo. Nothing too extreme, but maybe a goofy smile or something similar.

?
journeyman
journeyman
?
Originally Posted by Lucorna
Thinking about this more, it would be fun to have something leaning into his silly side. He doesn't let it out too often, but it would be perfect for a spawn Astarion kiss imo. Nothing too extreme, but maybe a goofy smile or something similar.

That sounds so cute, I would love that! I love Astarion's goofy side.

Originally Posted by SpookyBookey
One of the Ascended Astarion kisses (the one where he looks at the neck) was originally a Karlach origin Act 2 kiss (assuming that wasn’t a bug or something). That could be a good option if they want to even out the kisses between the two paths without creating a new one.

Yes!! I can't believe they didn't give it to UA because it's an act 2 spawn kiss. They should both have it.

Also it's so easy for them to just fix the angle on the other one. Why, Larian, why oh why did you point the camera at the back of his head? I don't even play spawn. But I hope at the very least that gets fixed for those that do. That seems so unfair.

J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J

IIRC that was there accidentally for testing or something? I don't know how the bug got there, but it required for you to change bodytypes (to type 2 I think) instead of using Karlach's for it to play correctly. It was also extremely broken, but I recall back when they were uncovered everyone assumed they were actually a WIP for AA.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by 🌸Yume🌸

I almost wish we'd see more of it in the epilogue, he has so few lines there compared to Shadowheart.

I could also see a kiss that turns into a hug working well for him.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I totally agree, there's only two and both of them are kind of odd in terms of angles. even just 1 more with slightly adjusted angles would suffice for me. I've never understood why spawn got so little in patch 6 when Gale has a bunch of variations (including endgame).

A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by jinetemoranco

IIRC that was there accidentally for testing or something? I don't know how the bug got there, but it required for you to change bodytypes (to type 2 I think) instead of using Karlach's for it to play correctly. It was also extremely broken, but I recall back when they were uncovered everyone assumed they were actually a WIP for AA.

From what I can tell from yt, it has been changed for Karlach now too so they have one of the Spawn kisses instead.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by 🌸Yume🌸

I almost wish we'd see more of it in the epilogue, he has so few lines there compared to Shadowheart.

I could also see a kiss that turns into a hug working well for him.

The spawn epilogue is so disappointing. I really wish we could talk to him more about what we've been doing like if we were looking for a way for him to walk in the sun, he could mention about finding leads on the sun walker ring or the cloak of dragonmir that was actually in bg2. Instead, I talk to him for a total of 5 minutes & don't even get to kiss him?? Just hug and even then if you hug him you miss out on more dialogue and cannot hug him again like you can with other characters.

J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J
I think the hug works really well for him. But also, if it makes you feel better, all versions of his epilogues feel rushed. IDK what happened there. I suppose it's karmic justice after the preferential treatment he's gotten in the game, but I'm disappointed nonetheless.
I was talking to Anska about this earlier, but they've now made it so you can hug him too if you were in a relationship with him but departed for Avernus or the Astral Plane. That's cool, at least.

A
old hand
old hand
A
His epilogues feel, to me, a little as if his team didn't have much interest in them. It's especially weird that not even the choice you made in the Elfsong registers. Unless you go into the Underdark, you are always adventuring with Spawn, and having parties with Ascended.

But what I wanted to say, I really like the hug. It's a lovely hug of two people completely at ease with each other, and it's great that you now also get it if you left Faerûn on a heroic mission.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard