Originally Posted by Celesti4
Originally Posted by VitaminBear
Originally Posted by Lorna
Fortunately we have a wonderful modding community so if anyone is still disappointed they can make their own fantasies come true!

But (and I am genuinely trying to not start a fight here; I'm autistic so please let me know if this comes off too blunt) could we not say the same about Ascended Astarion fans who wanted the smile? There was a mod on Nexus for it and IIRC it was pretty popular.

No I don't think the two situations are comparable. People playing on console didn't even have the option to use mods at the time. Some were very upset and hurt by those facial expressions and could do nothing about it.

Fair regarding Nexus, but I think the situations are comparable; we've known since patch 6's launch that Larian was working on mod support, and we knew that Larian was planning to bring those mods to console. Because patch 7 is delayed for console users (and mod support with it) those who want to keep the old kisses back on console will be out of luck when it launches, as there's no guarantee someone will create a mod to revert those changes, or if they do, it won't necessarily be compatible. Additionally, I think there was a higher chance of the smiling mod being carried over to console in some shape or form, based on the mod's popularity.

I don't know, I guess this situation is lose-lose, as Larian can't appease all the fans. Some were very upset and hurt by the old facial expressions; now some of us (myself included) are unhappy about the new ones.