Originally Posted by VitaminBear
Fair regarding Nexus, but I think the situations are comparable; we've known since patch 6's launch that Larian was working on mod support, and we knew that Larian was planning to bring those mods to console. Because patch 7 is delayed for console users (and mod support with it) those who want to keep the old kisses back on console will be out of luck when it launches, as there's no guarantee someone will create a mod to revert those changes, or if they do, it won't necessarily be compatible. Additionally, I think there was a higher chance of the smiling mod being carried over to console in some shape or form, based on the mod's popularity.

There is already a mod to revert to the Patch 6 facial expression if you are unhappy with the new animations.

To be honest, if the ‘happy’ facial expression mod was so popular then I’d argue that should support them keeping these expression. There are still people using the happy facial expressions mod since they find the new expressions too neutral too. That’s why I feel it’s a good compromise. None of the other companions have ‘negative / disgusted’ facial expressions, and I think it should stay that way.

I am trying to be as respectful as possible but this conversation can be frustrating since these negative / disgusted facial expressions from Patch 6 led to many fans proudly posturing about how ‘Larian had to dumb down the story to show you that you’re being abuse.’ I do not think they intend to ruin anyone experience with the game which is why they landed on more neutral expressions overall compared to the other companion kisses. I think that’s a fair compromise even though I’d prefer happier kisses myself.