Huge thanks to Larian for fixing the bug regarding Tav's facial expressions in Ascended Astarion's kisses! The romance with Astarion is now a romance again and the game can now be played without mods! There is now passion and expression and playfulness between Astarion and Tav. Sure, Tav's facial expressions could have been happier at some points, but either way, these are now normal facial expressions appropriate for the love story of Astarion and his lawful consort Tav! The kneeling smile is just perfect. I'm glad that love has conquered violence and I can now express my love for my dearest character, Astarion, who will never be hurt again in my world, who will always smile at the sun and I will smile at him.

Originally Posted by Natasy
Being evil in Faerun has never been more fun >:)

Indeed! I am now the most contented and affectionate villain in all of Faerûn! <3

On a separate note, I want to thank Larian for pushing the boundaries of my perception regarding BDSM culture. Previously, I had only played with classic romance and didn't expect anything like this from the game (and I didn't even expect to meet a character like Astarion, who you can fall in love with so much astarionhappy astarioncool). And while the first time I kneeled before Astarion solely because “it was necessary”, “‘spite the good’, to prevent that tragedy when he remains a spawn forever, now I get a real pleasure from this dynamic. I see it as caring for him, as an opportunity to make him feel special, as complete and unconditional acceptance and love. I love to roleplay a character with a strong inner core, wise and understanding, deeply loving and loyal, caring, empathic and sensitive to the one she loves. I think Astarion is well suited for such a consort to heal his wounds and make him happy. And I'm glad that Astarion can now also see the face of his beloved bride, and not some obscure character from a video with a slightly different rating than what the game is even designed for. Astarion's kisses are now okay, and a game as interesting and wonderful as BG3 no longer has the black hole of low-quality fanfic gaping at the romantic path of one of its most colorful companions. BG3 now, already sincerely, can be called a successful and unusual RPG, which allows you to play it, making your own right choice!

Last edited by Marielle; 10/09/24 10:47 AM.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.