spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!in case it wasn't known

in a similar vein, i feel like the party limit should be more or less removed/increased when the endgame comes. it always seemed kind of odd to me that the active party were the only ones taking on the netherbrain in the finale while the rest of the companions just kind of... idled? as you go to the morphic pool, the boat fits the current party of 4 to make the journey to stop the brain. stopping the brain fails, hell (hells?) breaks loose, etc. by this point in time you can't go back to camp (which makes sense), but what is everyone else doing? it'd be neat if, in addition to the gathered allies in the room, the rest of the companions are at the very least there to show they exist. at this point, it makes sense to be able to bring as many of them in to your active party as possible since there's nothing left to lose, in addition to generally upscaling the difficulty of the rest of the game. it makes sense to have some people at camp during most of the game to tend to it (ie gale watching the cooking pot) but by this point that's not really something to do.

i can see it being an issue on general performance (especially with everything out there all at once) or if the player(s) didn't bother leveling up/gearing other companions, though you could argue it's not worth mentioning in the cases of having low level characters during certain moments (notably a low level astarion when the vampire spawn attack camp or whoever is captured by orin).

it may also be problematic if the player generally didn't have any companions to begin with, but you could also correlate that to not having any allies gathered as well.

Signature. Up to 285 characters. You may use UBBCode in your signature.