Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Anska
Not to forget Halsin and his cryptic "I am sorry, but Mystra is wrong about you, Gale." What? Why? What do you know that I don't? It's the one that confuses me most of all. All the others can still be seen as a reflection of their past break-up and as concern that the reunion might not go well, but Halsin seems to be very certain about Mystra's opinion of Gale.

Oooooohhh. Mysterious. In my playthroughs that have reached act 3, Halsin has been
at Bhaal's daycare
by the time I'm doing Gale's quest, so I had no idea.

I can actually think of a moment where Wyll's quest being tied into the main quest causes a problem:
the Ansur quest gets hijacked by the Emperor, and it distracts from Wyll's emotions at failing to get the dragon's help.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by SteelTempest
Originally Posted by Anska
Not to forget Halsin and his cryptic "I am sorry, but Mystra is wrong about you, Gale." What? Why? What do you know that I don't? It's the one that confuses me most of all. All the others can still be seen as a reflection of their past break-up and as concern that the reunion might not go well, but Halsin seems to be very certain about Mystra's opinion of Gale.

Oooooohhh. Mysterious. In my playthroughs that have reached act 3, Halsin has been
at Bhaal's daycare
by the time I'm doing Gale's quest, so I had no idea.

I can actually think of a moment where Wyll's quest being tied into the main quest causes a problem:
the Ansur quest gets hijacked by the Emperor, and it distracts from Wyll's emotions at failing to get the dragon's help.
The Emperor gets pretty much ignored in my games. But yes, everyone and their aunt are hijaking Wylls quests it feels like

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
You agree to break the pact and forsake your father. That means the Gate loses its great general who contributed greatly to pursuing ideals that are embedded in Wyll's heart and mind.

I feel that the "great general" thing is actually something the writing fails at portraying. I found the game told me Ulder was a great leader, but I didn't feel I was ever really shown it. The Flaming Fist is shown as corrupt, and he spends most of the game as a damsel in distress. I presume he is portrayed as competent in his other appearances in the franchise, but he's important enough that we shouldn't have to dig for that info outside the game itself. It made the argument that he was vital for the good of the city fall really flat, at least for me.

Ravenguard played a big role in Descend to Avernus, a tabletop campaign, that is basically the prelude to BG3. I guess, they were banking on people knowing his character.

Doctor Who
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Imagine going into Cazador's Palace only to find out that Cazador and Empy used to be buddies and now they're enemies, so you fight Cazador and kill him and then give Astarion a clap on the shoulder "It's done buddy!" and leave without any meaningful conclusion or reaction from Astarion.

Welcome to Wyll's World!

Last edited by papercut_ninja; 26/08/24 05:45 PM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by papercut_ninja
Imagine going into Cazador's Palace only to find out that Cazador and Empy used to be buddies and now they're enemies, so you fight Cazador and kill him and then give Astarion a clap on the shoulder "It's done buddy!" and leave without any meaningful conclusion or reaction from Astarion.

Welcome to Wyll's World!

Yeah, that's pretty much it. They did promised more reactivity, I hope, Wyll get a bit of that too. Everyone gets their big scene after their big quest in act 3 is done, only Wyll does not. I think, there is nothing anymore after Ansur.

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
I do feel rather sorry for Wyll unfortunately he is just as bugged as Minthara though he at least has 3 relationship scenes if you can trigger them or not that is the question.

I had heard hes getting some attention so I hope it will improve with patch 7

one of my games Mizora turned to dust however I still have Wyll in camp
one of my games he cant follow the team in ACT 3 the Minthara/Jaheira problem
My recent Act 1 Tav , Wyll is missing and I'm yet to destroy/save the grove

Definitely needs something at Ansur however even Duke Ravengard (If safe) Councillor Florrick should have something to say about there being no dragon at some point.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Ghostsecurity29
I do feel rather sorry for Wyll unfortunately he is just as bugged as Minthara though he at least has 3 relationship scenes if you can trigger them or not that is the question.

I had heard hes getting some attention so I hope it will improve with patch 7

one of my games Mizora turned to dust however I still have Wyll in camp
one of my games he cant follow the team in ACT 3 the Minthara/Jaheira problem
My recent Act 1 Tav , Wyll is missing and I'm yet to destroy/save the grove

Definitely needs something at Ansur however even Duke Ravengard (If safe) Councillor Florrick should have something to say about there being no dragon at some point.

What is the Jaheira/Minthara problem?
Tbh Wyll never bugged out on me before, I think, I had every scene playing normally, but if he refuses the pact in act 3, Karlach still thinks, he made the pact.

Doctor Who
A
old hand
old hand
A
Jaheira sometimes stops following the group in act 3. Another of her problems can be that she follows, but is not counted as a full member of the team, so you cannot give her buffs like Minthara's "Soul Branding" and she will not automatically enter the fight when the rest of the gang rolls initiative.

I hadn't heard of either of those problems happen with Wyll before though. His main problem seems to be either his romance scenes having low priority compared to other camp scenes and his current dialogue after defeating Ansur being a mess if his dad is also alive/ not yet saved.

veteran
veteran
Never had those problems with any of the characters, but I don't use mods, if this is any relevant.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
Never had those problems with any of the characters, but I don't use mods, if this is any relevant.

I do use mods, but I never had those problems eitehr. I onyl had Halsin and Minthara bigging out, but that seems to be a common occurence, when you have both of them.

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by fylimar
Tbh Wyll never bugged out on me before, I think, I had every scene playing normally, but if he refuses the pact in act 3, Karlach still thinks, he made the pact.

The problems as the poster replied seemed to of occured with Wyll since the Xbox last update
I had the Jaheira/Minthara problem prior
you have to take control of them to move from point A to B in Act 3

Wylls romance has been stuck way down the list and out of all my Tav's (20+) I've only succeeded triggering his kiss in act 1 twice though my games has the bug no matter who you choose at the party I only ever spend the night with Astarion regardless if I say Shadowheart , Minthara
bearing in mind I get the woods scene as soon as I hit level 3 with Astarion so this is always stage 2 fade to black.

The Mizora dust bug no idea I had expected his dust scene in camp but hornless Wyll is still available.
bear in mind too this is over a few different Tav's games and not in a single playthrough.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Ghostsecurity29

The problems as the poster replied seemed to of occured with Wyll since the Xbox last update
I had the Jaheira/Minthara problem prior
you have to take control of them to move from point A to B in Act 3

Wylls romance has been stuck way down the list and out of all my Tav's (20+) I've only succeeded triggering his kiss in act 1 twice though my games has the bug no matter who you choose at the party I only ever spend the night with Astarion regardless if I say Shadowheart , Minthara
bearing in mind I get the woods scene as soon as I hit level 3 with Astarion so this is always stage 2 fade to black.

The Mizora dust bug no idea I had expected his dust scene in camp but hornless Wyll is still available.
bear in mind too this is over a few different Tav's games and not in a single playthrough.

I had no problem triggering Wylls kiss scene at the party recently with my Kimiko playthrough (decided, he was best suited as Frenchie), but I reject Astarion or just ignore what he tries to imply (always tell him xy is more attractive/interesting/whatever). But I had Wylls dancing scene in act 2 triggered a few times, despite being in a romance with another character (found out, that if I say the party would be better with him or I would love to dance with him at the party, those are romance starters too).
Could that indeed be xbox specific?

Do you mean, you were only able to trigger Atsarions romance scenes? That would indeed be unfortunate.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
But I had Wylls dancing scene in act 2 triggered a few times, despite being in a romance with another character (found out, that if I say the party would be better with him or I would love to dance with him at the party, those are romance starters too).

Do you mean, you were only able to trigger Atsarions romance scenes? That would indeed be unfortunate.

I also had this when I wanted to see Shadowhearts Act 1 scene. I had to specifically turn down Astarion before going to bed and then select Shadowheart, otherwise the game auto picks Astarion. So a tip to try that for others that get that bug.

Interesting about Wyll romance starters! Thanks for sharing that info.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by KiraMira
But I had Wylls dancing scene in act 2 triggered a few times, despite being in a romance with another character (found out, that if I say the party would be better with him or I would love to dance with him at the party, those are romance starters too).

I also had this when I wanted to see Shadowhearts Act 1 scene. I had to specifically turn down Astarion before going to bed and then select Shadowheart, otherwise the game auto picks Astarion. So a tip to try that for others that get that bug.

Interesting about Wyll romance starters! Thanks for sharing that info.

It could be xbox specific the Astarion thing not sure if kiramira is on xbox or PC that could be resolution to my Astarion problem though I very much like Astarion but out of all the romance kickstarts Wyll is definitely harder to trigger .

On a note I think there is a trigger conversation I missed a few times I've asked to dance a lot however I encountered him the morning after on a recent Tav not in act 2 yet and had the smile conversation I don't recall prior so we'll see if that is actually the one I need.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just read about how patch testers are unhappy with Wylls new evil ending (I mean generally I read that the evil endings are a mixed bag). I would be totally happy, if he wouldn't get a dedicated evil ending, but more other content. Wyll has the potential of a lot of bad things happening to him (his father could die, he could kill Karlach and then find out she was not a devil, Ansur ...) and he is the only origin character that doesn't have some kind of emotional scene: Gale has his act 2 scene with the anxiety attack (one of my favourite scenes in the game, because it is so well done), Karlach her memorable outburst after defeating Gortash, Astarion after Cazador, SHadowheart after dealing with the HoG, Lae'zel has several moments of grief and anger throughout her story. Only Wyll doesn't get much in that regard and I bet, Theo, his VA, would do a great job in playing that out.

Doctor Who
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
My understanding is that his evil ending doesn't do anything with Mizora. I would think and evil and powerful version of Wyll would be onboard for some vengeance, and that could get pretty dark. Killing her would be personal, so it wouldn't feel as generic. The lack of closure with Mizora frustrates me. I hate her. At least Companion Wyll is trying to hunt her down in some of his endings. I'm headcanoning he succeeds.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
My understanding is that his evil ending doesn't do anything with Mizora. I would think and evil and powerful version of Wyll would be onboard for some vengeance, and that could get pretty dark. Killing her would be personal, so it wouldn't feel as generic. The lack of closure with Mizora frustrates me. I hate her. At least Companion Wyll is trying to hunt her down in some of his endings. I'm headcanoning he succeeds.

That is indeed unfortunate. In the beginning I thought, Mizora is untouchable, because they had something planned with her in an Avernus DLC or so. But since this is off the table, it would have made sense for Wyll to use the Netherbrain to get revenge on his former pact holder. Poor Wyll, he doesn't even get closure.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Can someone already playing with pacth 7 tell me, if Wyll can make his own decision in act 3 now? They promised more reactivity for him, but that was promised for resisting Durge famous scene too and it seems, that didn't really happen?
SO Iwould be happy to see, if they fixed non romance stuff for Wyll or anyone/thing else.

Doctor Who
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I had an old save right before Mizora offers the new deal, so I just reloaded to test. I still didn't get the option to tell him to make a choice. Karlach's reaction is still bugged, and she thinks Wyll gave up his soul to Zariel. I do like the part of her line where she says "There's such a thing as being too good. Someone ought to tell Wyll Ravenguard." I love Wyll and Karlach's friendship.

apprentice
apprentice
Honestly I wish it was at least based off if you had him kill Karlach or not. That choice really makes no difference outside of the horns which is crazy. You'd think his personality would've changed a wee bit but nada.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard