Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yesterday I was still playing calmly with my approx. 190 mods.

Today, something first turns on Vortex, then suddenly all my mods are deactivated in the game, although they are activated in Vortex, everything as it was yesterday, but nothing works.

Ok I read that there is a new patch. So I pull the 5 hours, from us game. Nothing works anymore.
Windows pop up, there is an empty line, even if I want to end the game, this empty line underneath is a check mark... Check or uncheck, nothing changes.

I go to load game, a new window pops up with a 190 list of my mods, all called 5e and I have to check everything manually, want to confirm it and nothing works. I start a new game, it loads, I end up in the main menu again.
I haven't done anything to my files from yesterday to today, but nothing works anymore. Neither with the old patch, where suddenly all my mods are deactivated, no matter what I do, nor with this patch, where I can't even start a completely new game.

What should I do now, I can't really see what the problem is...
Reinstall everything, it's a killer job and then it will work yes or no?
Will my savegames all be destroyed as a result? If a mod is missing and the game doesn't play along, the save is ruined.

What the heck is going on here? It's like a meltdown from everything ok to everything destroyed.
And the bad thing is I don't see the problems, why should I?
It's all like yesterday, but nothing works, I thought a patch might fix it, but no way.

Guys, you just fried me out of nowhere and it's not my fault... because I just slept one night and the next day everything is broken...

What are you doing?

old hand
old hand
If you're on PC/Steam you can revert to patch 6. In steam go to your games properties -> betas and there choose the patch 6 branch. It will reinstall the "working" version of BG3.
I 'm not going to upgrade until my current PT is finished. Probably still some weeks from now, and I *hope* that by that time the bugs are fixed and the good old mods work again with the latest version. If they don't I'll probably stay on 6 forever. I don't need evil endings, but i need my mods.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I play the GoG version. I always play the GoG versions when they are available for the games, because I like it when the game actually belongs with it.

But even a reset won't help.

Because I didn't actually want to go to patch 7 straight away. It was an emergency solution because it suddenly stopped working with patch 6.

I start Vortex, Vortex does an update.
After that, all my mods in the game are deactivated, everything is ok in Vortex.
I exported the modlist to the game again, but it didn't help.

Only then did I update to patch 7, because Vortex wrote this to me as info, as well as that with patch 7 Mod Fixer is no longer necessary and can be deactivated/uninstalled, but does not have to be.

So basically the only thing that helps me is to remove all mods, delete all mod lists etc. Start a clean game, which will then certainly work.

And then go through my mod list and reload and reinstall all mods and pray that it will work, but I think the modders have to update themselves first and there are mods in there, nobody has done anything since October 2023.
If a mod is relevant for the saves, then none of my saves will work anymore. There are class mods etc., difficulty increases, graphical stuff, gameplay things... none of that works...
And all that work and then they still won't all work straight away.

So basically I'm screwed.
Version 6 on it and reload old mods. So I'm done for now and will put BG3 to one side.
It's all too uncertain for me now and too much work and the result is unpredictable.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I don't use any mods.
Don't see many bugs intrroduced by Path 7. Although I have a feeling that sometimes characters freeze and have to be "fast travelled" to unlock.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard