Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Arka's story outcome still remains broken just as it was during Early Access.

Even when the player helps her deal with her brother Kanon's death and sets her upon a path of peace, the game still ignores this and spawns her corpse outside the Blighted Village after the grand Grove battle. This issue was brought up with the Arka's Story Makes Choices Feel Meaningless thread exactly a year ago and feedback was sent directly, but it still remains an issue.

What's even more perplexing is that Dark Urge has special dialogue for setting Arka upon a path of vengeance or peace, yet it doesn't matter at all because it's bugged. Extremely dsappointing to see majority of Early Access bugs are still present and her story outcome still broken.

old hand
old hand
I agree with that. Disappointing.
I heard you can only get the grave scene by avoiding the Sazza dialogue completely. What actually happens if I have previously dug up Kanon from his grave? Would it still be possible then?

veteran
veteran
Funny ...
I havent seen the corpse there, yet i dont remember i was even trying to save her ... i think i let her kill Sazza, maybe that is what she needed?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
I heard you can only get the grave scene by avoiding the Sazza dialogue completely. What actually happens if I have previously dug up Kanon from his grave? Would it still be possible then?

Nah you no longer have to avoid Sazza if you want to see Arka's story evolve within the grove as they've properly implemented the middle of her story now, but unfortunately they didn't do anything about the bugged encounter marking Arka for death. So you can play through the entire Grove story with her alive and set her upon the path of healing, but after the battle the bug triggers and she is dead once again for no reason at all.

So once again the player has to completely avoid Sazza if they want Arka to live or the dumb broken encounter will kill her.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider

Nah you no longer have to avoid Sazza if you want to see Arka's story evolve within the grove as they've properly implemented the middle of her story now, but unfortunately they didn't do anything about the bugged encounter marking Arka for death. So you can play through the entire Grove story with her alive and set her upon the path of healing, but after the battle the bug triggers and she is dead once again for no reason at all.

So once again the player has to completely avoid Sazza if they want Arka to live or the dumb broken encounter will kill her.

Yes, I understood that. But what if I desecrate Kanon's grave by digging him up? (It is possible to dig him up with a shovel per dialogue option). Is the grave later new again with Arka and Memnon or not?
Maybe you haven't tried it either and can't answer it.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So I just checked, but unfortunately neither of them have any reaction to the grave being dug up.

old hand
old hand
A new issue has occurred. As far as I can tell, it only affects a full custom party SP campaign at this time. Arka & Memnos are not on the defense weir mourning the death of Kanon after one saved Aradin & Co. from the Gobbos. Usually you meet them there first for a short talk before they head straight to the prison. I made a new campaign with companions, for cross-checking, and Arka & Memnos were there on the defense weir.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 08/09/23 05:42 AM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Unfortunately It randomly affects pure singleplayer too, as they were missing in my first ever playthrough as well, but not in 2nd or 3rd.

old hand
old hand
Unfortunately It randomly affects pure singleplayer too, as they were missing in my first ever playthrough as well, but not in 2nd or 3rd.

Ok in my both campaigns (SP with customs) which means 1st and 2nd they didn't show up at all...

old hand
old hand
Hey Team Larian, how many more years until the problem with missing Arka and Memnos on the wall after first skirmish (from Act 1) is finally fixed? Is it planned for Patch 6? I last played 5 months ago, and tested again today, but nothing has changed... It's still not fixed....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

old hand
old hand
You have to run up there pretty much immediately, unfortunately, to be able to see them. I do it right after I talk to Zevlor

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
You have to run up there pretty much immediately, unfortunately, to be able to see them. I do it right after I talk to Zevlor

Zevlor absolutely doesn't matter bcs I always rushed to Kanon directly after the last Goblin died. On one reload, I even flew up with my Storm Sorceress before defeating the Gobbos. Nothing. No Arka bowing over and mourning about Kanon. The problem exists since EA times...

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Arka and Memnos not appearing bug is triggered if one goes to the Emerald Grove waypoint area before the fight begins, usually the very edge of the cliff to pick up that one Balsam plant. Not exactly sure why it does that, but my guess is the area may be considered a part of the Grove's biome so some check gets crossed as if the player entered the Grove.

In any case I successfully haven't triggered this bug since my 1st playthrough by simply avoiding the waypoint until the fight is done.

old hand
old hand
That doesn't seem to be the problem either. I just tested it and avoided the waypoint. Arka and Memnos are still not there... As far as I remember, even during the skirmish they should already be leaning mournfully over Kanon, but as you can see only Zevlor is up there... Kaldani and Rikka are further back (not on the screenshot), hiding...

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 27/01/24 05:18 PM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
That doesn't seem to be the problem either. I just tested it and avoided the waypoint. Arka and Memnos are still not there... As far as I remember, even during the skirmish they should already be leaning mournfully over Kanon, but as you can see only Zevlor is up there... Kaldani and Rikka are further back (not on the screenshot), hiding...

They have not turned up in any playthrough I've been involved in since I came back to the game. Sometime after patch 5? I thought they were removed from the game. I don't think I unlocked the waypoint first ever. If they actually spawn, then they must run away pretty quickly

old hand
old hand
They don't spawn at all during / after the skirmish but you can still find them later. I tested it with my Storm Sorceress. Only Elegis and Kaldani hide a little further up out of fear... Arka and Memnos only appear near Sazza in the prison. It's a shame if they secretly got scrapped on the defense weir bcs they cant fix this encounter...

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
In that case I honestly have no clue why they aren't showing in your playthroughs. I personally do not play with any mods and haven't had this issue since release, as for me Arka and Memnos are always near Kanon after the fight.

Might be best if you just report this to Larian's Support so they can investigate.

old hand
old hand
I have already done that. It's hard to believe that a mod is to blame. As I said, unmodded it happened often enough back then too. Besides, Silver said that he haven't encountered them on defense weir since Patch 5... So I am not the only one. Thank you anyway. I hope that your original request will also be resolved promptly and finally.

EDIT: So I was finally able to take a screenshot. Right after the cutscene where we are let in by Zevlor, I run immediately into the Druid Grove and see Arka & Memnos running deeper into the Grove from the left side path, then Zevlor and Aradin's party arrive and trigger the next cutscene. Ergo zero chance to react. Also, Arka & Memnos should have been at the top with Kanon and later had to climb down the ladder. So for whatever reason they are placed incorrectly and spawn at the end of the left side path near the inner area to the merchant Arron.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 27/01/24 09:27 PM.
old hand
old hand

Patch 7 - seems still buggy for first playthroughs after fresh reinstall and I lack the motivation for a second try...

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Would recommend making a new thread about it since these are two separate issues so it's buried under the original one which is not getting fixed either way ^^

If you have a savefile just before the party triggers their 'someone's shouting up ahead' comment when approaching the Grove, then I can also take a look at it if you feel like sharing it via Google Drive link. Assuming it's not modded, as I doubt the save will load properly if it is.

Link Copied to Clipboard