Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline
Warning! Massive Act 3 spoilers ahead.

Ok, so I'm in Act 3 and Vlaakith just appeared to me. The entire run, I've been playing as a loyal Githyanki to her. Vos is dead, Tav and Lae'zel do not trust Orpheus.

What I would like to do, but I'm not sure if the game will allow it:

- Lae'zel agrees to kill Orpheus
- The Emperor kills Orpheus (Lae'zel is ok with it)
- I kill the Emperor after the final battle

Is this possible? The most important question for me is whether Orpheus can die, but not at Lae'zel's hands, and she's still ok with it.

veteran
veteran
It is possible to have both characters killed and by doing so follow the Githyanki protocol, but it's not a straightforward path a Githyanki would expect. You'll have to bend it a bit to accomplish the end result.

To answer the question; if she's loyal to Vlaakith then the Emperor can freely consume Orpheus without her interference, in fact she'll be overjoyed to watch him die as she's dutybound to ensure his death, but you won't be able to kill the Emperor anymore after that point.

So if you're looking to have both the Emperor and Orpheus killed while remaining loyal to Vlaakith by following the protocol, then;

• You'll have to betray the Emperor when the time comes by freeing Orpheus
  • Lae'zel will become extremely pissed off for not following Vlaakith's protocol to the letter, forcing you to pass a massive (30) persuasion check to remain your ally (so be sure to come prepared with Charisma buffs)
  • Make Orpheus become a mindflayer
  • Kill the Emperor in the final battle
  • Destroy the Absolute
  • Allow Lae'zel to kill Orpheus afterwards
  • And you both will ascend with the protocol followed

There is no way;

• To have Orpheus killed by the Emperor and then killing the Emperor afterwards.
  • Or killing the Emperor and not having loyalist Lae'zel kill Orpheus afterwards, which she's dutybound to do.

Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank You so much!
I'm in awe! I can continue the game.

Link Copied to Clipboard