Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi all,

Taking a look at youtube and seeing that Larian changed the endings for evil players and the kiss animations for AA and I'm asking myself I want to download the patch.

Did they change the end game for people who don't want to be forced to deal with Emperor or have someone become an illithid?

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Not in the last patch, at least as far as I'm aware.

There was some recent discussion of the good endings over at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=948076&page=1. (I have a vested interest in pointing you at that thread as I created it smile )

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Good thread! Your summary captures my feelings well.

Oh well. I'll pass on this patch and let Tav's noble suicide stand as the depressing end to the journey.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

Oh well. I'll pass on this patch and let Tav's noble suicide stand as the depressing end to the journey.
Wow! If this is the best "good" ending we can have, then I'm now not sure I'd even want to play the game at all. This is to me an utterly horrible way for my game to end, not just a downer ending. frown

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Personally I think the ending I'm most likely to pick for good characters is too miserable (and I speak as someone who was perfectly okay with their favourite Commander Shepherd ending up as a reaper after three full games). But there are a significant number of people in the poll in that thread I linked to who were happy with alternative solutions for good characters, so it doesn't seem right to characterise it as the "best good ending". But it's probably best to continue any discussion over there rather than here.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kanisatha

Wow! If this is the best "good" ending we can have, then I'm now not sure I'd even want to play the game at all. This is to me an utterly horrible way for my game to end, not just a downer ending. frown

It isn’t.

veteran
veteran
Well, okay then. I did plan on creating a thread at some point asking fans of the game who've played it multiple times to post the various good endings available in the game and the paths one must take to get to those endings. Yes, very spoilery, but I'm fine with that. I was going to wait until Larian had finished all of their major patching of the game, since those endings (and the paths to them) could still change.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
The default good ending is ok. You can choose to 'sacrifice' your character but that is optional, since there is a convieniently placed npc that can be used instead. Which I might have felt bad about if you ever got to interact with him, but since you don't, well... Also, if you explore all dialogue options, the writing makes no sense, so after a few playthroughs I can't take it seriously anymore.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Hi all,
Did they change the end game for people who don't want to be forced to deal with Emperor or have someone become an illithid?
Afaik it is still the same, the only way is to go through some nonsensical dialogue and then have Gale detonate the orb.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Well, okay then. I did plan on creating a thread at some point asking fans of the game who've played it multiple times to post the various good endings available in the game and the paths one must take to get to those endings. Yes, very spoilery, but I'm fine with that. I was going to wait until Larian had finished all of their major patching of the game, since those endings (and the paths to them) could still change.

I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s not the kind of game with a secret best ending that you have to jump through obscure hoops to unlock. At least, if there is, I don’t think anyone has found it yet. It’s pretty much just a choice. Same with most of the other choices you make throughout the game, it’s usually pretty obvious what good alignment options are.

Not that that choices are all necessarily straightforward or easy, but they don’t tend to slap you massively in the face for trying to do the “right” thing.

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Just locking this thread so we're not discussing endings for good players in two places at the same time.

Feel free to discuss at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=948076.

Link Copied to Clipboard