Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PerimZ Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I'm creating this account solely just to report this. As the title says Nvidia's GeForce NOW disables the in-game mod support and make it impossible to do any mod-related such as browsing mods in-game, logging into Larian website, downloading subscribed mods, etc. The reason is not because it's impossible to install mod in their service (yes, in another games you can install mods using steam workshop or other games that require third party launcher such as Paradox games) but because they want to profit this official free feature for their paid members-only in the future. Many gamers that plays BG3 through Geforce Now are dying to play with mods for months. We thought our dreams finally come true with the announcement of the official mod support but nooo.. Nvidia came out of nowhere and somehow give us a paywall for something that Larian give to us for free. Like... What???
Please team Larian, can you discuss this with Nvidia? Thank you.

Last edited by PerimZ; 09/09/24 01:40 PM.
veteran
veteran
Wow, I'm sorry. It's especially bitter, that this is happening for a game from a company, whose CEO is explicitly against such practices. I hope, that can get cleared up

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
That’s outrageous and no different than if they paywalled ACT 3 or certain origin characters etc.

The Mod support is now an integral part of the game.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Also made an account to post about this. I was looking forward to getting to play a moded game with my friends. I made these friends through BG3 in the first place. I felt bad enough having to make them wait for full mod support and then Nvidia just announces this after the fact. I've been a geforce now customer since the platform since it was in beta, I have a "founders" membership, I love the service in general and it's the only way I'm able to play a game like Baldur's Gate 3 in the first place. I'm extremely disappointed, it feels extremely unfair. Quite a fair handful of games have mod support on the platform ( including freaking Skyrim! ), it feels like a greedy middle finger from Nvidia.

H
stranger
stranger
H
NVIDIA… greedy… can`t be!

🤣🤣🤣

B
stranger
stranger
B
Also created an account to post about this. They posted on the day of patch 7’s release that mods will be hidden behind a paywall “in the future”. They’re not even available paid at the moment. They’re not available at all.

This a core part of the game.

GFN’s post about it: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5579

veteran
veteran
to be clear Gforce have only said they are considering mods and that was a while back i.e, before patch 7 was made... imo it is a bit much to bitch they have not got it all working yet

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard