Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
H
stranger
stranger
H
Hopefully this comment is OK on this thread (All things Astarion, not including Patch 6 or 7 kisses)

I have been watching Patch 7 videos on Youtube, eager to see the changes (happy to be spoiled) and I came across a reveal of Spawn Astarion's new reaction if your Tav has a one night stand with Mizora.

I just wanted to share with you all that I don't like the changes, to me the original reaction rang true to Astarion's character and made a lot of sense for a Vampire who's morality is naturally different ( but that just could just be how I see vampires ). I know my opinion on this change is likely to be in the minority, a lot of romancers want to feel rewarded for being loyal and don't have a polyamory romance with Halsin etc... and can be a little judge-y dare I say, towards others who do romance Halsin as well.

I personally don't feel the need to put human limited lifetime morals onto a vampire existence. Astarion (all things going well), will outlive their Tav who will eventually grow old and become rather boring (unless your Tav ascends him and agrees to become his Consort).

To my mind Astarion's original reaction was so him, he teases Tav about it and wants the juicy details, he is not threatened or bothered as he is confident of their relationship and Tav's commitment. Sex isn't confused with Love.

When I did my Spawn playthrough I chose not to sleep with the Drow twins because it clearly made him uncomfortable. I interpreted his discomfort though not to be about Tav wanting sex with the Twins but more to do with the fact that he didn't want sex, period, as he is healing from 100s years of using sex (not by choice), to serve someone else, his feelings be dammed, so taking a break from sex was him reclaiming himself, reclaiming his body. Not a judgment on Tav's commitment to their relationship or putting his current feelings about sex onto Tav.

When you stand up for him with Araj, he confesses his original intentions were to manipulate Tav through sex, and that he now has feelings for Tav and is now free to choose, free to say no.

My point is that in my playthrough, Tav never felt judged by Astarion for wanting to experience life, afterall Astarion has had 100s of lovers, and will live long after Tav is dead. My Tav had a polyamory relationship with Haslin, a one night stand with Mizora and a sexy encounter with Harleep and finishes the game, hand in hand with Spawn Astarion, on a mission to find him a way for him to be in the Sun again.

If anyone out there can hear my plea and can publish a mod that will give me the original Spawn dialogue and reaction to the night with Mizora, I'll be very grateful, and I am pretty sure I won't be the only Spawn Astarion romancer out there that will appreciate you.

I enjoy both Spawn and Ascended storylines, I think Astarion is a lot of fun either path and if you want to show your loyalty and devotion to him by turning down all other offers you can easily do that, for me, this is fantasy, and my vampire wants Tav to enjoy what life has to offer as long as they are loyal. And trust me, they will never stray too far, they would never dream of doing that smile

Please be kind in your comments if you disagree.

Last edited by HoneyAngel_444; 06/09/24 05:16 AM. Reason: made a correction
addict
addict
To be honest, this thread is a very light hearted one and it's more of chat than a discussion, that was created to be separate from the other heavier AA thread, and so far I've only seen conversations about AA in here. You might not receive as many replies here as you'd like because of it.

Personally, I don't have a preference when it comes to this scene in UA's case. I remember hearing that UA's dialogue was actually bugged and not even triggering in the first place.

I think your criticism is valid and it might be a good idea to bring it up as feedback for Larian directly. The topics you brought up were actually mentioned in this thread, which is all about Astarion romance and all iterations of it, as well as things for Larian to be aware of: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=919717&page=38

The new spawn dialogue was also briefly mentioned there previously and we shared links to mods we liked in relation to other aspects of the romance.

There is also another thread specifically about UA here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=901455&page=24

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Ametris for your objection. In fact, this thread is more about things that are fictional or ideas, scenes from the game, preferably with AA, with Sceleritas being our actual hero and of course Astarion Junior and their adventures together. We would like to keep this thread as light-hearted as before and I ask that you choose other threads for such topics. Ametris has linked more suitable ones there.

I could have renamed the thread to Sceleritas, Astarion Junior, the Dark Urge and the guy who threw dirt at me. hahaha

Thank you and have fun in Patch 7 smile

Last edited by Sini; 06/09/24 09:31 AM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sini
I could have renamed the thread to Sceleritas, Aastarion Junior, the Dark Urge and the guy who threw dirt at me. hahaha

That sounds more fitting. laugh

addict
addict
So, I noticed that Astarion has new animations during the epilogue party and my favourite line from it "I am always watching" is also different now. I think he looks a bit more commanding, proud and confident as a proper vampire lord should, rather than yandere, possessive and kinda funnily unhinged as before. I think it's an improvement, but I got used to that evil gremlin face and will miss it. laugh I still find his attempts to appear scary cute. smile What do you l think? Which one do you prefer?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
I like his "grumpy" face, I always had the urge to bite the tip of his nose. The new facial expression is more dignified, not so suspicious, perhaps even slightly surprised. I think I like the new facial expression better. He looks younger, it suits him well. Of course we don't tell him that. hahaha

*whispers* "Darling, smile a little, this isn't your funeral." "Then the wine would definitely be better. Who chose this dirty water? They should have let me host the party, but for reasons I don't understand, this mummy did it. Does he have any sense of taste? If I see his robe, I would say "Clearly not". Fashionably a crime... here darling, drink this wine, it's still bad, but not as terrible as the others."

*bites Astarion on the tip of his nose*

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
Originally Posted by Ametris
So, I noticed that Astarion has new animations during the epilogue party and my favourite line from it "I am always watching" is also different now. I think he looks a bit more commanding, proud and confident as a proper vampire lord should, rather than yandere, possessive and kinda funnily unhinged as before. I think it's an improvement, but I got used to that evil gremlin face and will miss it. laugh I still find his attempts to appear scary cute. smile What do you l think? Which one do you prefer?

I like his "grumpy" face, I always had the urge to bite the tip of his nose. The new facial expression is more dignified, not so suspicious, perhaps even slightly surprised. I think I like the new facial expression better. He looks younger, it suits him well. Of course we don't tell him that. hahaha

Yes, I noticed these changes right away too, while testing. delight I am definitely going to miss his old evil-smile yandere face lmao, because that's how I remember it, and thought it was funny too.^^ sigh. At least I recorded my playthrough where he had the old expressions. But I do like the new one and the way he's lifting his face up so proudly at the end, like he does sometimes during other dialogues in the game.

I wanted to make a quick side-by-side comparison video on this, actually.^^ That way the changes can be seen more clearly.
Still waiting for the 3rd party mods to work for me again :'(

addict
addict

Haha, I always had the urge to touch the tip of his nose with an index finger and tease him "You're always so adorable when you're trying to be scary, darling. Watch me all you like, because I've got my eyes on you too, my dearest lord." shadowheartgiggle

It's better they changed it, because the previous expression always made me laugh and it looked more like an empty threat from someone who randomly got their knickers in a twist. Now he indeed looks more dignified and convincing. grin At least now I actually believe him he might come up with some delightful "punishment" if Tav appears to be too flirtatious with someone else (his bitter rival God Gale especially!). laugh

...he might come up with some delightful "punishment" if Tav appears to be too flirtatious with someone else (his bitter rival God Gale especially!). laugh
lmao! 💀

His face when he's keeping an eye on things (esp. whilst you're talking to God Gale):

wink

enthusiast
enthusiast

Thank you for sharing this. I like both. Personally, it's an improvement, though I also liked the old yandere expression biggrin

But the new one is better, I like it when Astarion raises his head and looks down, he looks indeed commanding and proud, like a Vampire Lord.

We still can praise a yandere face in his adorable "I don't want to hear anything like that from you again my pet, you know I adore you ... terribly", I just checked it, and it's hard to not replay it over and over again. I love this phrase so much

I but wished they would have reverted or improved the gur confrontation after ascension, to make him look more confident again, too, like it was before patch 5.

It's better they changed it, because the previous expression always made me laugh and it looked more like an empty threat from someone who randomly got their knickers in a twist. Now he indeed looks more dignified and convincing. grin At least now I actually believe him he might come up with some delightful "punishment" if Tav appears to be too flirtatious with someone else (his bitter rival God Gale especially!). laugh
Yes, Darling, I am awaiting his punishment. This is going to be fun after the party evil

"I would, thank God, watch the universe perish without shedding a tear."
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Celesti4
...(his bitter rival God Gale especially!). laugh
lmao 💀

His face when he's keeping an eye on things (esp. whilst you're talking to God Gale):

wink

Haha, that stern look on his face. laugh I'm sure he's also listening in with his heightened senses.

'Darling... correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I overheard Gale talking about ascension with you. Care to give me more details?", Astarion asked innocuously. He furrowed his eyebrows into a threatening triangle when he formulated the question, which was Tav's cue that this information was important to him and he would keep prodding until he knew all the unsavoury particulars.' hahaha

Originally Posted by Zayir
We still can praise a yandere face in his adorable "I don't want to hear anything like that from you again my pet, you know I adore you ... terribly", I just checked it, and it's hard to not replay it over and over again. I love this phrase so much

I but wished they would have reverted or improved the gur confrontation after ascension, to make him look more confident again, too, like it was before patch 5.

That face will never get old. laugh

I tested that scene too, sad to see it will likely remain this way. astariondisapprove

Yes, Darling, I am awaiting his punishment. This is going to be fun after the party evil

shadowheartgiggle galehearteyes

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
"Gale is critically hit by Astarion's underwear and dies". That about being jealous.

I have to find the video of Karlach and my other outrages. I think that will be my new task, the death must be caused by thrown underwear hahaha

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
That's why I love having Sceleritas in my group hahaha

"Go away stupid white curls."

addict
addict
My goblin priest, who is more of a televangelist and cult leader, would have said, "Your spiritual well-being is just a donation away. If you don't feel any spiritual improvement, maybe the donation wasn't big enough. These mercenary ... friendly employees will be happy to help you, if there are complaints and spiritual peace does not come.The larger the donation, the greater your well-being will be and of course your donation will go to the poorest members of our community." *The fake charitable smile swallows the word "me".*

We were approached by a similar one after the Ascension, offering to return spiritual well-being for 7000 coins. Astarion decided that a small snack would help him find spiritual peace. Unfortunately, greed is not always good, and the Lord got a burp instead of spiritual peace, as he had eaten too dense a lunch of gur before. But all ended well, and after half an hour of lying on the bed to better digest the donation, Astarion was spiritually improved and finally established in spiritual well-being. astarionhappy

*Sceleritas is cursing loudly*"That was so clear again, my beloved master is finally becoming a god and fulfilling her destiny and what about tiny Sceleritas? He can throw away the garbage that has been accumulating here for centuries, if not longer . I should stand next to my master and not the stupid Silverlock. I will put the extra sharp shards in his bed." Sceleritas quickly throws everything into one big bag because he doesn't want to miss out when his master dominates the world.

He brushed Astarion Junior's soft fur and sharpened his tiny claws. "Oh, my little master, now the time has come, your mother will rule the world. I am so incredibly proud." "Do I look good Sceleritas, do I look like a Lord?" Sceleritas adjusts the tiny lock of white hair "Perfect, my little mischievous master." “Do you think I can sit on Mama’s head when she conquers the world?” "Stay in the background for now, stay out of your father's head, he'll like it if his son accompanies him in the moment of triumph... *whispers* and ruins his hairstyle." "That sounds like a good idea Sceleritas, I'll be able to see everything clearly from there. Have you packed enough blood drops? I'll definitely want to eat a few." "Yes, your father will appreciate it if you pamper him with your sticky little sugar pout give a few kisses on his head." Sceleritas smiles contentedly.

Adorables! <3

Astarion looked proud at the moment of triumph, chuckling slightly at the amusing sensation of the little paws of the bat hidden in his hair scratching his head (it was like a massage) and the little nose poking at the top of his head. What it looked like from the outside, Astarion did not know, as looking in a mirror at that moment would not be very appropriate. When the little one spread his wings to stretch, it was like a bow on the side of Astarion's hair. The triumph was very dignified, and Sceleritas was smiling a satisfied subservient smile across his mouth.

Both of them! <3 When I passed the epilogue, to me, Astarion's while saying the phrase “I am always watching” became more... passionate. A more sexual connotation appeared, if I may say so. He used to have a little more grumbling and be more “suspicious”, but that was nice too. I like the way he holds himself, the proud posture and the way he lifts his chin up.

Haha, I always had the urge to touch the tip of his nose with an index finger and tease him "You're always so adorable when you're trying to be scary, darling. Watch me all you like, because I've got my eyes on you too, my dearest lord." shadowheartgiggle

About the nose thing - haha, we all have the same thing! For some reason I thought of his nose too when I saw that “grumpy” face, only I wanted to kiss his nose. And now to kiss him hotly on the lips. <3 And maybe joke, “Really, really? So you know exactly where my book I was reading last night went! How not? How about, 'always watching'... So, not always...” And make sad eyes to extract lots of comforting remarks from Astarion in the form of “You're mine” preferably along with “Forever”. Or to say, “That's good, my love. It means I'll miss you less while you stand in the distance this evening.”

Yes, he looks younger. And indeed, more dignified and convincing. Before, I always wanted to caress “grumpy” because he would grumble at the empty place. smile And now he has it more romantic, and it would be wonderful to end this dialog with a kiss.

Originally Posted by Celesti4

wink

Ha ha ha, spot on! Thank you, this made my evening! <3 It's a gorgeous expression, I need to print it out and hang it on my fridge during periods when I'm on a diet so that I'm like, “Okay, okay, Astarion... Since I said I'm losing weight, that means I'm losing weight... Honestly”. smile

I agree! I too would really like him to get his confident expression back in the scene with Gur!

"Gale is critically hit by Astarion's underwear and dies". That about being jealous.

I have to find the video of Karlach and my other outrages. I think that will be my new task, the death must be caused by thrown underwear hahaha

Ha ha, approvegauntlet ! The perfect murder! astarioncool

He's so funny looking over your shoulder.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Marielle

He's so funny looking over your shoulder.

Sceleritas throws small stones over the Durge's shoulder at Astarion. "Go away... tiny Sceleritas doesn't like you and my rotten mistress doesn't like you either." astarionhappy

Last edited by Sini; 15/09/24 10:39 PM.

apprentice
apprentice
an entire thread dedicated to the love of Astarion?????? Count me in!

this is adorable, he looks so goofy over her shoulder

I preferred his grouchy evil face before the patch,it always made me feel the need to boop his little nose lol.

Also glad to know I'm not the only one that headcannons him having beef with Gale lmao!

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by jessiemeows

Astarion has developed into more of a marginal figure over time, our stars are Sceleritas and Astarion Junior... Dark Urge and Astarion serve more as a basis for talking nonsense. smile

And yes, his lordship doesn't always have it easy here. hahaha

Last edited by Sini; 16/09/24 07:26 PM.

addict
addict

Great, join us! (you have a charming avatar :)). There are many threads about Astarion on the forum, but not all of them are on the first page right now. This is where we have fun, adore Astarion, share different stories from our playthroughs, jokes, fantasies, act out fairy-tale plots from “what happens after the epilogue,” etc.

Also glad to know I'm not the only one that headcannons him having beef with Gale lmao!

I'm trying to keep Astarion out of this feud because Gale is toxic and can make you sick, lol (if you bite him). I even have to bite Gale myself to show Astarion the possible consequences of this feud! smile

addict
addict

I'd say it's more than just HC seeing how many dialogues there are where Astarion and Gale are bickering and trashing each other. laugh

Unascended Astarion making fun of Gale.

Astarion about abducted Gale.

Astarion calls Gale pathetic behind his back.

Gale of Waterdeep, a limp passion.

Choosing Gale over Astarion.

A removed dialogue option where Gale tries to steal Tav from Astarion (at 7:05):

I also heard rumours that in the script AA is jealous of God Gale during the epilogue party. shadowheartgiggle

addict
addict
Oh, thank you! Astarion is fascinating in his rivalry, very curious to see some of his lines on that. It's unlikely I'll ever get them in-game, I'll definitely always have Gale in a secondary role and the rivalry doesn't make much sense to Astarion, but the way he acts while doing so is just gorgeous! <3 The video where Tav picks Gale is sad... But Astarion gave a good characterization of Gale. smile And by the way, in Act 1, Astarion talks about having standards, he refuses to have any kind of “threesome”. What a difference in the lines in Gale's Origin and behind his back! Haha, and it's clear to see how Astarion really feels about it... wink I just adore his sarcasm. Oh, that's a great video still from EA... “Who needs morals when you have good hair?” approvegauntlet astarioncool Damn, Astarion in EA was just great! How many of his gorgeous scenes ended up never making it into the game... astariondisapprove

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard