Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ok after two days of messing with both the in game mod manager; which I found out will not allow you to use 3rd party mods and BG 3 Mod Manager which is nothing but a thrown together mess that I can't even get to load the game even though it is installed on the same drive as BG3 it will not load the game. I get a white screen for a few seconds then back to the mod manager.

Now I am going to go and re-install Vortex and see if I can't play and mod the game that way. If not I guess I'll have to do another clean install; will be my 3rd clean install; and shelf the game until you figure things out. After all I've tried everything I could think of and then some to try and get things to work but to no avail.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Unless Vortex has been updated for patch 7 it won't work. I recommend this tutorial for getting BG3MM to work with patch 7:

If you haven't already, BG3MM was updated so make sure to install the latest version, and also update your script extender!

Think of BG3MM as an easy way to add files to the mod list, and the in game mod manager as the tool to decide what mods will be active and what mods will not. I have stuck to using mostly in game mods from the browser menu, but I do use a few clothing mods like Basket Full of Equipment, and other things like Tutorial Chest and a few weapon packs. I do not adjust things within BG3MM, as its easier to just import the downloaded files from Nexus or other sites straight into it and then adjust in-game.

The third party mod situation will be messy until the mod developers themselves update and fix their mods accordingly, so make sure to check the logs/comment sections under mod posts to see if they've been updated.

This is the tutorial I used to understand how to use BG3MM in case you are new to it, the switch between Vortex and BG3MM can be a little daunting if you're just a casual player like me:

Hope any of this helps in the slightest. Absolute worst case, you can still use vortex along with Patch 6 Beta which is an option through steam if you downloaded there!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well yes but Nexus was updated for Patch 7 now and it's easier to work with. Like I said the one form Git hub wouldn't even load the game.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Laughting Leader's BG3 Mod Manager works perfectly, there was an error with the modsettings.lsx file when moving from Patch 6 to 7. To fix old mod load orders you need to delete the [i]modsettings.lsx[/i] file found here: [i][b]C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public[/b][/i].

If you installed third party [i]dll[/i] files you should remove them, the only [i]dll[/i] based mod that is known to work is Norbyte's Script Extender (he has been working with the engine from years ago and it's rock solid for both users and modders).

In Patch7 you can also keep some of the older mods installed, some don't work anymore but the majority does.

I would not recommend using vortex or nexus mod manager to handle BG3 mods, in the past it has been the worst of the herd.

Link Copied to Clipboard