Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by BennettML
The part that annoys me is *EA Wyll* had the emotional scene. Like they could've *easily* reused EA Wyll's romance scene in act 2. Wyll having Mizora screaming at him to save her through his eye and needing the player's comfort to deal with it is beautiful and should've remained in the game. I'm still pissed it was removed.

Where can I see this? Are there videos online showing that scene? I only saw the EA Act 1 romance scene, I think. I do not like the EA Wyll's story. I prefer the official one, but the soft side of a man is rare and beautiful. I like the idea of properly exploring Wyll's soft side. That'll make it a beautiful story.

Honestly it being a romance scene I figured it was a cute romantic dinner. Maybe they could've had him invite his dad and tell him you're getting engaged or something. That at least would've been *something* (and also would've killed another issue I have because wtf does Uldar have zero reaction to PC being Wyll's fiance. Especially if Wyll's on the duke route like ????)

He never tells his father about the engagement, I think.

Which is *crazy* if he never tells his dad honestly. Also we have the convo afterwards not two feet from the man how can he not hear XD

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thanks. This is the one that I have seen. I thought there is another one. I don't like the "Mizora is in his head" part that much. Like, Mizora really needs to stay far far away from me and Wyll, or my explosion isn't going to be less destructive than Gale's. Lol.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm fine with her being in his head because that's like the whole point of teh sending stone eye she gave him. It's to spy on him. Also she's still in his head anyway she forces the image of you sleeping with her on him if you choose to do that.

It's also why I'm so annoyed we can't deal with her permanently even if off screen.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Ryzaki
Also she's still in his head anyway she forces the image of you sleeping with her on him if you choose to do that.

Was this in EA? If so, I am so glad that they changed it. Mizora forces Wyll to see Tav sleeping with her? That is crazy and creepy! She is so abusive already. I really feel like the official content is way better. It is more than clear throughout the game that Wyll hates Mizora, and that hate is quite strong. He may still have the pact, but his mind is his own. I thought the stone eye is for tracking (she sees and hears everything Wyll sees and hears, which is creepy enough), not mind control, mind reading, or mind influencing. If it is, it is too dark and disgusting. Speaking of the stone eye, what will it do after we break Wyll's pact? Now this will haunt me. Lol. Okay, we more than certainly need a DLC that is already confirmed to not happen.

I have also hoped that there is a way to reverse Wyll's transformation, restore his lost eye, and remove his scars. I know it will not happen. Not all stories will have that type of happy ending. I spent a few minutes to shoot arrows at Mizora in camp every now and then even though I knew it would do nothing. Her being in the camp is super annoying to me, and it makes it so weird when she and Wyll's father both stay in the camp peacefully after what she has done to Wyll and after her attempt to kill the grand duke. That is just not right. It makes zero sense!

After killing Raphael, if you speak with Wyll, Wyll will say that he is glad one devil is down, and he really hopes we can finish another.
Perhaps the Mizora fight was planned for the dead DLC. I actually do not want Wyll to go after Mizora off screen. I worry some reckless actions out of hate will do harm to him. I rather have that fight myself along side Wyll. Karlach is welcomed to join us in the fight. My Tav, Wyll, Karlach, and Life Domain Selune Shadowheart should finish her.

apprentice
apprentice
Was this in EA? If so, I am so glad that they changed it. Mizora forces Wyll to see Tav sleeping with her? That is crazy and creepy! She is so abusive already. I really feel like the official content is way better. It is more than clear throughout the game that Wyll hates Mizora, and that hate is quite strong. He may still have the pact, but his mind is his own. I thought the stone eye is for tracking (she sees and hears everything Wyll sees and hears, which is creepy enough), not mind control, mind reading, or mind influencing. If it is, it is too dark and disgusting. Speaking of the stone eye, what will it do after we break Wyll's pact? Now this will haunt me. Lol. Okay, we more than certainly need a DLC that is already confirmed to not happen.

No that happens in game *now* if you sleep with Mizora. It's why you instantly get the disapproval.

The eye does multiple things. I don't think it's for mind control or reading. She can see what he sees and show him things. (edit: wait least that's my impression I might be wrong.)

As for breaking Wyll's pact yeah I assume she put some loophole where she can still use it. Removing it shouldn't be an issue though. (that said given Wyll goes on about how he's using it to track her she probably can't hear him 24/7)

I have also hoped that there is a way to reverse Wyll's transformation, restore his lost eye, and remove his scars. I know it will not happen. Not all stories will have that type of happy ending. I spent a few minutes to shoot arrows at Mizora in camp every now and then even though I knew it would do nothing. Her being in the camp is super annoying to me, and it makes it so weird when she and Wyll's father both stay in the camp peacefully after what she has done to Wyll and after her attempt to kill the grand duke. That is just not right. It makes zero sense!

After killing Raphael, if you speak with Wyll, Wyll will say that he is glad one devil is down, and he really hopes we can finish another.
Perhaps the Mizora fight was planned for the dead DLC. I actually do not want Wyll to go after Mizora off screen. I worry some reckless actions out of hate will do harm to him. I rather have that fight myself along side Wyll. Karlach is welcomed to join us in the fight. My Tav, Wyll, Karlach, and Life Domain Selune Shadowheart should finish her.

Yeah the transformation is the cost of saving Karlach so it makes sense that's not reversible. Agreed on her staying in camp not making any sense if you break the pact.

I'm fine with it happening off screen at this point because we're not getting any dlc.

Last edited by Ryzaki; Yesterday at 12:45 AM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
No that happens in game *now* if you sleep with Mizora. It's why you instantly get the disapproval.

I did not know about the instant disapproval. I would imagine how sad and pissed off Wyll would be. I don't want to find out myself because I am pretty sure it will hurt me even more. I am that serious about role play. Lol. In my current playthrough, I just outright turned that evil offer down, and then shoot arrows at Mizora until I felt bored... She really had no idea about the infinite difference between how attractive she is and how attractive Wyll is to me. Lolol.

veteran
veteran
I had Wyll tell a story at the end party- not romanced.
But yes, a lot more reactivity would be great

Maybe a mod can merge the two threads about Wyll:)

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
apprentice
apprentice

I did not know about the instant disapproval. I would imagine how sad and pissed off Wyll would be. I don't want to find out myself because I am pretty sure it will hurt me even more. I am that serious about role play. Lol. In my current playthrough, I just outright turned that evil offer down, and then shoot arrows at Mizora until I felt bored... She really had no idea about the infinite difference between how attractive she is and how attractive Wyll is to me. Lolol.

Yeah I only did it once for science (I had to see Gale roast my PC god that cracked me up) but I reloaded afterwards. She's gross.

T
Online Content
T
Originally Posted by Ryzaki
(Also me complaining yet again about Wyll's "make you a dinner scene" being a fade to black. Like come on now. He only has 2 romance scenes. It wouldn't have killed them to give him a third whether reusing the EA one or making the dinner scene an actual scene).

Yes! That seemed so much like it was going to be a cutscene. I actually thought I was supposed to go out and find some venison, like a quest! Hell, since I was trying to get my Tav and Wyll together at that point I even bought her some new clothes and a new hairstyle. Whether it's a romance scene or him cooking for the party, either would have been great. If there wasn't going to be a scene there, he should have just said something like "Dinner's on me tonight, at the Elfsong" and give you that day's camp supplies for free.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard