Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
K
stranger
stranger
K
Found this when this happened to me (on a multiplayer file w/1 friend) and because I found something that worked for me, I figured I'd say in case it helps anyone else.

When it crashed every time we tried to go back into the lower city, this is what we had done:
- Went to kill Gortash without having taken out the steelwatch.
- We may have left some agro in the area (tried both fighting our way out and sneaking out, both options wouldn't let us go back).
- We convinced Gortash we were buddies and he said he would meet us somewhere, we then turned around and stabbed him in the back out of dialogue.

When it worked, this is what we did:
- We reloaded to a save before we left the lower city.
- We took out the steelwatch/did the ironthrone.
- We actively picked an 'attack' option in the dialogue.
- We made sure not a single enemy was alive when we tried to leave the area.

Then it worked.
We kept the same party, still had loads of unfinished quests etc - these things didnt seem to matter.
Not sure it would help anyone else, but just in case.. as it was quite frustrating to feel locked out so close to the end of that playthough.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I found a workaround in my situation for the loading crash of the second player in the lower city.

2 players :
- 1st player (host) load the game, and move the main character of the 2nd player (crown) in the camp as he lets the second character of the 2nd player (no crown) in the lower city;
- 2nd player load ;
- 2nd player moves his/her main character (crown) in the lower city (exit the camp).

Worked 5 times in a row since I made the change, and it's simple enough to be tolerable.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hello from Sept 2024
This issue still is a problem till this day after all updates larian hasnt solved anything. After everything i had to do, and like 5 hours of my time troubleshooting, it was the most stupid solution that solved it.
I found the save file in which i could still leave and then i refrenced it to the last save file where I couldn't and there was a glaring difference that I didn't see before. Make sure all mods, settings, and everything that could change how your game looks and is played is the same. From point a to b dont remove any mods. The game save files thrive on consistency and anything you do to it can mess up the way things are loaded. If you didnt have a mod before leaving rivington for the last time, dont install it or your game might not want to load back. One of the mods i had deleted because it was causing issues months ago was the culprit. All i had to do was reinstall that gross mod and boom, I was able to get back to wyrm rock. I guess because they want to make sure npc's stay dead, the game doesn't load past areas on just a seprate file, and instead relies extra heavy on the smallest details to keep the immersion(idfk). Anyways, i guess its the same with those npc issue cuz the game has to recognize theyre dead in the first place to allow you to continue.
Nevertheless i wish everyone else with this issue finds their "missing file/object death" as quick as I did and doesnt have to restart 3 or 4 months worth of playtime like i almost had to do.
GL to the next poor unsuspecting vicitm of basketfullofequipment and the npc with 2+ health.

Psyrin #950611 Yesterday at 09:51 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Hello from Sept 2024
This issue still is a problem till this day after all updates larian hasnt solved anything. After everything i had to do, and like 5 hours of my time troubleshooting, it was the most stupid solution that solved it.
I found the save file in which i could still leave and then i refrenced it to the last save file where I couldn't and there was a glaring difference that I didn't see before. Make sure all mods, settings, and everything that could change how your game looks and is played is the same. From point a to b dont remove any mods. The game save files thrive on consistency and anything you do to it can mess up the way things are loaded. If you didnt have a mod before leaving rivington for the last time, dont install it or your game might not want to load back. One of the mods i had deleted because it was causing issues months ago was the culprit. All i had to do was reinstall that gross mod and boom, I was able to get back to wyrm rock. I guess because they want to make sure npc's stay dead, the game doesn't load past areas on just a seprate file, and instead relies extra heavy on the smallest details to keep the immersion(idfk). Anyways, i guess its the same with those npc issue cuz the game has to recognize theyre dead in the first place to allow you to continue.
Nevertheless i wish everyone else with this issue finds their "missing file/object death" as quick as I did and doesnt have to restart 3 or 4 months worth of playtime like i almost had to do.
GL to the next poor unsuspecting vicitm of basketfullofequipment and the npc with 2+ health.

Made an account just to say thank you, thank you so much. I was losing my mind with this. I had the 100% version of the bug and the first thing I tried before desperately reading endless threads on forums was to remove all of my mods. It never crossed my mind that the solution would be to reinstall a mod back into the game. So leaving this here in case it might help someone else too.
Reading your comment I realized I had spawned two freaking benches at camp before entering the Lower City with the Sit happens mod, and then removed the mod a while later. I put the mod back in and I was able to travel between areas with no crash. As it turns out, tthe mod includes a spell to remove all the spawned objects and you're supposed to do that before removing the mod, so that was my mistake. Anyway, used the spell, removed the mod again, everything works. So thankful I don't have to lose hours and hours of progress (and more of my sanity).

Last edited by throwingverbalro; Yesterday at 09:52 PM.
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard