Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#950600 Yesterday at 07:35 PM
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
I plead guilty to the fact, that my Dark Urge isn't particularly nice and likes to spread chaos. I would like to collect changes to Dark Urge with Patch 7 that are not so obvious.

In the grove, when I talk to Wyll, I noticed that my Durge doesn't make a complete Dark Urge grimace, but she does do it quite clearly. Before, the face was always neutral-friendly in this scene. I really like the expression on her face, even if I'm not sure what triggers it. I told Wyll that Umi is a hopeless case.

This is the face of a female drow, have you noticed similar things on other races? The Durge grimace apparently varies from race to race (wave Celesti who can't make a Durgie face hahaha)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Sini; Yesterday at 07:36 PM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
veteran
veteran
if you install mods then yes things in your game can change

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
if you install mods then yes things in your game can change

Which mod do you mean specifically? I don't use head mods , change expressions or anything that interferes with the story. I actually only use hair and armor mods.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
veteran
veteran
i don't know what mods you installed because you didn't tell us... i just looked at your image and knew it has a mod

the thing with mods is many have background files that include or change something else so a hair mod [being part of the head] may include a head file because thats where the maker took the hair from and it doesn't help that Larian only makes part notes everytime they change things

i would need to play an unmoded game to that scene in order to test if this change is Larian or a 3rd party mode

for what its worth my current [unmodded patch 7] character is a gnome durge and i have noticed some changes between that and my last halforc durge so it looks like different races have minor face animations so it could be just a drow change you see

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
There are definitely differences in facial expressions between races and the Durge will occasionally make a slight, what I call Durge face. It's not quite as pronounced as the moments when the screen turns red, but there's clearly a malicious greed to be seen.

I once watched videos of this scene from my previous playthroughs. It depends on which dialog choice the Durge makes. If I just say to Wyll that I want to talk to him, then a scene occurs in which our tadpoles connect. If I tell Wyll that this whelp is a hopeless case, then I look at the child with a slightly greeded evil face. The extreme grimace like in the picture above seems to come about when the character smiles at the same time, which the character does random in conversations.

But yes, I am revising, the expression is not new, it existed before the patch and without a smile it looks much milder.

This is from a run before Patch7:

Durge face before screen turns red:

Again the extreme expression when it comes together with a smile... you get a little scared smile

Somehow, with the Tiefling children, the Durge seems to react with these faces to certain dialog choices or events.

Take a closer look at your Durges' facial expressions in certain situations, I'd like to see what it looks like on other races. smile

Last edited by Sini; 2 hours ago.

Originally Posted by Sini
This is the face of a female drow, have you noticed similar things on other races? The Durge grimace apparently varies from race to race (wave Celesti who can't make a Durgie face hahaha)

Hmm.. yes.. Still nothing. lol

Edit:
Ah ok, when I choose the right dialogue option, she does at least try:

Last edited by Celesti4; 38 minutes ago.
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
This is really funny. Your half-elf looks completely untouched and my drow looks like she wanted to eat all the children.hahaha

Any other Durges with facial expressions for the scene with Wyll in the grove, when you tell him that the whelp is a hopeless case?

Edit: Ok, you also have a slightly greedy evil face when you choose this dialog. I think the extreme expression comes when your character makes the slight Durgie face and smiles at the same time

Last edited by Sini; 30 minutes ago.

Link Copied to Clipboard