Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Hello Forum,

I need your swarm intelligence, because I have suddenly got a problem on Custom with Honor Mode settings, namely with Bullette.

The legendary ability is kind of insane and I haven't found a way to get rid of the temporary health points yet. What am I missing out on?

veteran
veteran
If you take Sovereign Glut with you he can raise the minotaurs to help against the beast's outer shell. Alternatively Hook Horrors can help as well.

Personally I just kept smacking it as the minotaur kept it prone, didn't involve much tactic with Lae'zel and Karlach in the party.

N
OP Offline
N
Thank you

But what should i do if Glut is not an option anymore?

veteran
veteran
The simplest way is to just make it wet and annihilate it with lightning spells.

• Alternatively wear it down with overtime damage like bleeding or caustic brine, death by a thousand cuts.
  • Lae'zel as a Battle Master does enough damage with her unique attacks.
  • Karlach with the [Everburn Blade] also does enough damage when she rolls high enough damage.
  • Paladin's holy smites can also break through the shell.
  • Luring it to the hook horrors near the Sussur Tree could be beneficial, I think Filro might aggro as well.

N
OP Offline
N
Thank you very much

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
This one gave me a challenge, too! I ended up with chipping away with upcast lightning chromatic orbs (I confess I didn’t make the bulette wet first, though as Crimsomrider says that would help!)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
an easly way to kill him is with ice traps [glyph of warding - level 3 spell that cleric, Wiz, sor can all cast]

for best results you want one character to drop a bottle of water next to it... this is a free action
then have any character target the bottle... spore druids or any one using two hand cross bows can do this as a bonus or reaction, now our target is wet he takes double damage

if you have a warlock then drop a dex hex with is a bonus action giving disadvantage on dex will speed things up but its not a game breaker

have Shadowheart, Ghal and yourself drop ice traps for 6D6 ice damage, half that if he pass a dex save then double what ever damage remains... two ice traps will normally do the job but finish with any an icebolt if you need to

the staff of bless can be cast before the combat to add a free 2D4 to hit rolls, the staff of Ice can make ice bolt hit harder [both are got in the area and if your Warlock does his blast then turn off any push back because you want the bullette to stay in the ice puddle as that gives a good chance it will drop prone if you can't kill him in the first round of combat

btw this same trick works well against Bernard because ice traps are not aan attack spell until the target goes hostle i.e, you can drop a water, then drop a trap and Then start the battle with icebolt or Hex
[Linked Image from gog.com]

Last edited by Ussnorway; 26/09/24 01:12 AM.

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard