Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ldo58 Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Proficiency bonuses are still a bit fuzzy to me. Let's say there is a feat that raises my DEX stat by one and gives me proficiency on DEX saving throws.
But let's also say, I'm a ranger and so, already have DEX saving throw proficiency.
Will this feat add to the bonus or do nothing ?

T
addict
addict
T
Proficiencies are a binary thing. Either you have it (Thus add your proficiency bonus to it) or you don't.

It doesn't stack.

Only Expertise will provide an additonal bonus to a Proficiency, but you cannot get Expertise for Saving Throws, only skills.

Thus, in relation to your question, the feat would do nothing as you already had DEX Saving Throw proficiency.

ldo58 Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Taril
Proficiencies are a binary thing. Either you have it (Thus add your proficiency bonus to it) or you don't.

It doesn't stack.

Only Expertise will provide an additonal bonus to a Proficiency, but you cannot get Expertise for Saving Throws, only skills.

Thus, in relation to your question, the feat would do nothing as you already had DEX Saving Throw proficiency.

Thanks. I supposed it would work that way, but didn't find an article that really confirmed it. The increasing bonus confused me.

Link Copied to Clipboard