Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
When Gale wishes to talk about the Absolute's Crown of Karsus upon reaching ACT III; despite talking to him about it his pop-up dialogue will remain indefinitely stuck-in-queue to trigger yet again the next time he finds himself outside of camp. Which can lead to a more severe issue where his character-defining dialogue after meeting Mystra will get overriden if he's never taken out of camp.

*As can be seen the conversation already happened upon entering ACT III, but the pop-up dialogue remains indefinitely stuck-in-queue to trigger again the next time he finds himself outside the camp*

*Due to this bug if the player never took him out of camp until he meets Mystra, his character-defining dialogue regarding Mystra will get overridden by this bug*

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
This bug must be dependent on other choices/order in which events happen as, in my game, companion Gale met Mystra yesterday and the post-visit dialog was correct.

For you, was Gale repeating the Act 2 dialogue, ie had he already said it or had it somehow been skipped? In my game, I had already had the end of Act 2 dialog well before meeting Mystra.

Last edited by The Red Queen; 6 hours ago.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
old hand
old hand
A
I checked in my current game as well and got the expected dialogue too. In my case it's romanced Gale also on the forgiveness route. My game was still started with patch 6 if this makes a difference.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks for confirming this isn't an issue on your end. Was enough to commit to a full test and in doing so reveal the source of the problem.

Basically I already had this conversation with him immediately upon entering ACT III (the camp site on the cliff overlooking Rivington), but due to some broken spaghetti code of his this pop-up dialogue is indefinitely stuck-in-queue to trigger once again the next time he finds himself outside the camp, which in this case ended up overriding my Mystra dialogue because I haven't taken him out since the beginning of ACT III, so the bug has been present all this time and only revealed itself in the worst possible moment.

Link Copied to Clipboard