Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#877007 09/08/23 12:41 AM
Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
Even if I embed an imgur link in the img tags, it still doesn't show up as a inline image, just a clickable link. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, or I have some sort of restriction on my account. I'm not a new user by any means, but I can't think of any other reason.

Example: Tried to post the following character screenshot in a post, but it refuses to load 'inline' (i.e., visible on the forum webpage, not needing a click to visit imgur.com.)

[img]https://imgur.com/a/WF0dDpD[/img]

Last edited by Jhelzei; 09/08/23 12:42 AM.
Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry to necro my old thread, but I finally figured this out and thought the solution might help someone else. It's pretty simple, but not very obvious. When copying a link from imgur, it links to an actual *webpage* rather than the image itself. So it isn't rendered inline. The solution is to just open the imgur page (in your own web browser) then right click on the image and select "Copy image link" (or similar.) When you paste that into your post, make sure to add the image tags.

Applying that technique to the above image we get...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

stranger
stranger
Since I found this post just now trying to figure out why my avatar image was "wrong image type" I did this:

1. As stated above right-click and select the image link option.
2. Paste into the avatar URL field on your profile, but (in the case of Safari and Imgur):
a. Make sure to trim off everything after the file extension in the filename.
b. Change the extension to .jpg

In my case I pasted in: https://i.imgur.com/iYbgOFj_d.jpeg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

I had to trim off everything after ".jpeg", and change it to ".jpg". Only then would my avatar URL save correctly.

Just your average urban druid interested in the great outdoors and quantum cosmology. 

(Pronounced: Drew-nem-uh-tän)

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard