Next Thread
Print Thread
#952196 05/10/24 03:59 PM
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Trying to play MP with my wife (PC, newest patch), before yesterday's mini patch, we had no issues, the same mods and load order. We came back after we both updated to the new patch and I received a request to verify mods. Previously I could turn them off and back on and it would be fine, but now I'm stuck with the spinning wheels of death. Waiting does nothing, the option to select/turn off/on never appears. I am also being prompted to turn off mods that neither of us has installed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I have the exact same issue. Ever since v4.1.1.5849914 ("Patch #7"), they've been forcing mod checks on multiplayer games, and it has been resulting in false positives. However, we eventually figured out that we could "unlock" the greyed-out "Play Game" button by un-ticking and then re-ticking all the false "mod issues". I reported this to Larian, and asked them specifically to under no circumstances break the "workaround" unless they could give us a way to ignore false positives.

Then v4.1.1.5970269 ("Hotfix" #27) came, and they did the exact opposite. Now we still get the false positives "Mod Issues" screen, but the workaround has been "fixed", and instead of tick-boxes we get endlessly spinning loading wheels, and - for whatever reason - an entire screen repeating "GustavDev" as an unofficial mod.

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
@Luckmann, Exactly. Added to it, the mods they show as having a conflict, all say the same thing (just defaults to the first mod name in the load order) so i have no clue which mods its saying is in conflict.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Hyperian
@Luckmann, Exactly. Added to it, the mods they show as having a conflict, all say the same thing (just defaults to the first mod name in the load order) so i have no clue which mods its saying is in conflict.
I can tell you in full confidence that most likely, no mods are in conflict at all. It's a false positive. In my case, we literally copy the exact \Mods\-folder over, and then the exact same modsettings.lsx, and we still have the exact same problem.

What frustrates me is that there is no need for this whatsoever, we are perfectly capable of policing our own mods. Before you create a system that arbitrarily blocks the players from playing completely, you better make damn sure everything works perfectly, or else provide a way around something like this. Someone at Larian had a terrible, terrible idea and felt a need to force it upon the rest of us.

veteran
veteran
I wondered, if I had installed a broken mod, because I had the same issue yetserday. So that is after the last Hotfix? Then I guess, modded Multiplayer games are not possible at the moment.
I hope, this get fixed.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fylimar
I wondered, if I had installed a broken mod, because I had the same issue yesterday. So that is after the last Hotfix? Then I guess, modded Multiplayer games are not possible at the moment.
I hope, this get fixed.
The false positives are since v4.1.1.5849914 ("Patch #7"), when they put in a broken blocker that stops you from launching into games that the game thinks you are mismatched with, even if you're not. That is bad enough, but could be circumvented with a workaround by un-ticking and re-ticking the mods the game thought was mismatched. But since ("Hotfix" #27) they removed the workaround without providing any way for us to make the game ignore the false positives.

And yeah, there's likely a lot of people (including me and my co-players) that are stuck without any way to continue unless they re-install to an older version of the game, which is a hassle and a half, given the size of the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Luckmann
I wondered, if I had installed a broken mod, because I had the same issue yesterday. So that is after the last Hotfix? Then I guess, modded Multiplayer games are not possible at the moment.
I hope, this get fixed.
The false positives are since v4.1.1.5849914 ("Patch #7"), when they put in a broken blocker that stops you from launching into games that the game thinks you are mismatched with, even if you're not. That is bad enough, but could be circumvented with a workaround by un-ticking and re-ticking the mods the game thought was mismatched. But since ("Hotfix" #27) they removed the workaround without providing any way for us to make the game ignore the false positives.

And yeah, there's likely a lot of people (including me and my co-players) that are stuck without any way to continue unless they re-install to an older version of the game, which is a hassle and a half, given the size of the game.

I wanted to make a multiplayer game for having two custom characters by opening more than one instance, make the characters, set up the game save and close one instance, you know, how we did it since early access to have more than one custom character. But the second instance just didn't let me move on because of what you described. So the same game with the same mods in the same order just decided it couldn't work in a second instance. I really hope, this will get fixed.
I now use a mod to clone npcs and make new custom characters, but it still is annoying for people, who want to play together.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
I really hope, this will get fixed.
You and me both. I don't understand why they are trying to force this anyway, especially when it has the potential to completely brick people's playthroughs for literally no reason whatsoever.

Last edited by Luckmann; 08/10/24 04:34 AM.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello and thank you all for the reports,

I have checked with the team and can confirm they are aware of this issue and are currently looking into it!

Salo #952511 Yesterday at 02:49 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Salo

I have checked with the team and can confirm they are aware of this issue and are currently looking into it!
There is no need to look into it, just remove it. It serves no purpose other than to interfere with people's games.

It has now been over a month since you created this problem, and over two weeks since you broke the work-around.
I know you have a teneous grasp of what constitutes a hotfix, but for once when an actual hotfix is warranted, none seem forthcoming.

Last edited by Luckmann; Yesterday at 02:53 AM.
Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Originally Posted by Salo

There is no need to look into it, just remove it. It serves no purpose other than to interfere with people's games.

It has now been over a month since you created this problem, and over two weeks since you broke the work-around.
I know you have a teneous grasp of what constitutes a hotfix, but for once when an actual hotfix is warranted, none seem forthcoming.

Hey, hey! Come on, I’m sure you’d find it unnecessarily rude if someone spoke to you at your workplace like that. At least I hope you would, and you’d be justified.

I know it’s frustrating when we can’t play as we want to, and of course you can express your dissatisfaction at lack of a fix, but let’s keep things civil and respectful.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Hey, hey! Come on, I’m sure you’d find it unnecessarily rude if someone spoke to you at your workplace like that. At least I hope you would, and you’d be justified.

I know it’s frustrating when we can’t play as we want to, and of course you can express your dissatisfaction at lack of a fix, but let’s keep things civil and respectful.
No, not at all. If someone on my team created a situation, I would want to be told about it. In such a situation, especially if enduring, someone's employment should rightly be questioned. You have to understand the situation here. My intent was not to be rude, but to reiterate that there was no problem, and they created one, needlessly.

Yes, of course this is frustrating, but my desire is not to express that frustration, but rather to highlight the actual problem. Any attempt to "fix" this problem instead of removing it is sunk cost fallacy, not sense.

And despite this, when a hotfix is actually needed, in the true meaning of what hotfixes are for - quickly band-aiding patches that unintentionally rendered software unsuable - there is none to be had.

Link Copied to Clipboard