Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hi guys, i'm translating Divine Divinity to Spanish Language, my language, i'm using DAD's Item Editor v1.4 for translating some items in items.000, and when i translate a word with characters (á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ) the program shows incomplete these words, any ideas?

Is necessary for translations purposes translate items.000?
What files (of the game) are completely necessary translate for get a full translation?
What is the best item editor, that contains item name editor?

I'm very very interested in known very well what files exactly are necessary to translate, actually i know:

dat\global.cmp
dat\english\itemgen.cmp
all the fonts fnt files for adding some missing characters
localization\english\dialogtxt.dat, hints.txt, mono.cmp, skills.txt, text.cmp
main\startup\items.000 (It's necessary????)

Any other i miss??

Many thanks guys. I need your help. Please.
Sorry for my english, i'm spanish.
I'm using GOG Game Version

Support
Support

There was an earlier item editor, available here, but I don't recall if it could change an item's name. The following topic contains some information on manually editing the items.000 file.

please help with my blind hero - some broken links are fixed in a reply

I have not tried to do any translating, but at some point you will probably need to resort to a hex editor. There are various freeware programs, such as Frhed, XVI32 or those listed here, etc. I have not searched for hex editors in years, or tried recent versions of any. Also, when I did last test hex editors, I required a file comparioson function, so may have dismissed some that would be perfectly suited for translating.
I use Hackman (v7.02 download 3.05MB); the 8.x release introduced a low file size limit in the freeware version, while there is only a demo of the current 9.x release on its homepage.

The following topics may give you a bit of an introduction to hex editing.

Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor

Reviving dead NPCs

You may want to try to find any people or groups that have translated other games into Spanish, and see if they have any advice, or would be willing to help.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Many thanks Raze, i think i don't need hex editor for translate this game, i'm usign Sormy's tools for unpack / decompile the necessary files. The earlier item editor you post me, i used too, he can't change items name, but it's usefull together DAD's Item Editor.

Many thanks for your interest.

stranger
stranger
@Lord_Rius
Wanted to improve ITA translation for Divine Divinity... but can't find tools to unpack/repack .cmp files for example. Can you help me?

Last edited by hexaae; Yesterday at 10:31 PM.

ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, Hori Fighting Stick Mini, XBox One BT controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard