Over the weekend, I ran into issues with development speed and documentation management. I realized that a game of this scale is already causing delays and will simply grind to a halt by the middle of development. I’d already encountered this problem with another game I was working on in parallel, and now it’s become even more apparent with this one.
---
I decided to develop a universal service that would manage documentation, write to a vector database, and maintain a close connection with development via MCP. With this, I wanted to solve the following problems:
- Development speed shouldn’t degrade significantly over time
- The context for completing a task should be clear and narrow; there’s no need to drag the entire project into it just to solve a single problem
- High-level documentation should be kept separate from low-level development; requirements exist separately and are approved from above, while development details must comply with those requirements