Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2024
S
enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
S
Joined: Sep 2024
How do I get the idol without a timing trick?

Currently, AFAIK, you have to at least "convince" Kagha to let the TIeflings stay. Then the druids sit down and stop prepping it, allowing it to be stolen. This trick that follows has never worked until that occurs.

At that point, you can stand down past the ramp to it, right click on it, and steal. Then as you run up you prepare to go to camp, and just before you grab it, you go to camp. With any luck, it'll be in your pack and the druids don't care.

But that seems like taking advantage of mechanics rather than a proper five finger discount. But the other stuff has all been cut off -- mist, darkness, "throw it down out of their view". I haven't tried greater invis, but that spell usually isn't available that early. These all used to work "according to the Internet", but I'm guessing were shut down as exploits.

So...is there a proper thievy way? Just yes or no, I don't want a spoiler.



Ironic, the one time I did PnP D&D at a hotel "convention", they stole a silver platter mid-party, by being the amusement and juggling it right out the door. Computer games, no matter how clever, cannot handle human innovation with a DM sitting there and dice on the table for success.

Last edited by Shadowbart; 2 hours ago.
Joined: Nov 2023
T
old hand
Online Content
old hand
T
Joined: Nov 2023
As far as I can tell... No.

One of the Druids has Truesight so invis/mist/darkness doesn't work.

Moving it at all, makes them run towards it.

There doesn't appear to be a way to get it without abusing teleporting to camp.

That said, there is a less timing dependent way of doing it:

The way I usually do it, is by having my party stand on the slope below it, then having Lae'zel cast Mage Hand and then have the Mage Hand throw the idol down to my party where I then pick it up and go to camp. Touching the idol with Mage Hand makes the Druids get miffed at the hand itself rather than you and on the slope you're out of their line of sight so long as you wait for that one Druid to not be standing at the top of the slope.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5