Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Vegor Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
I have been asked by a lot of folks about this one so figured I'd post it here. There are many ways to do it, this track seems the most reliable (and easiest as well)

At the top of the Rosymorn Monastery are two eagles, a mother and her son. Like me, many people do not want to harm these creatures but....in their nest is the Ceremonial Hammer which is required to get the Dawnmaster's Crest (which later deactivates the lance when you take the Blood of Lathander.

In fact, I have a Durge character but part of the RP is that she won't harm (or allowed to be harmed) animals or kids, which is as much a driving excuse to commit atrocities as anything else. Anyway, in light of that, here's how to do it.

- The mother eagle is perched on the back of the next with the hammer in front of her. So using Misty Step, Dimension Door, or climbing the vines behind her (or a really long vaulted jump) to get a character behind her with good persuasion skills (or save scum the roll if you have no charismatic party members) and approach her. A cutscene will show followed by a check. Whether you have Speak to Animals or not the roll is the same to persuade her you're not a threat (15).
- Once you roll a 15, keep that character there, and the mother eagle will have turned to face you (and is no longer looking at the hammer)
- Move a different character up the other side and speak to the son (who will then turn to face 'that' character) but won't attack
- Now both eagles are looking 'away' from the hammer in the nest (and are looking away from the nest entirely)
- Move a third character (stealthily) around and take the hammer from the nest, then stealth out
- Have the other characters retreat as well afterward

The eagles don't seem to notice the hammer is gone, at least not that I've seen, and now you have it and you didn't have to harm those really cool birds.

B
old hand
old hand
B
The Eagles attacked me first ...

journeyman
journeyman
Run up a invis Deugar, grab hammer, disengage, run away, flee combat.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Use a Mage hand invisible to sneak and move or throw the item until it can be grabbed by party from far away.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Create Minor Illusion for them to turn away, sneak and take the hammer.

T
addict
addict
T
Dont Need any of that just Get Gloves of Dex in Goblin Camp act 1 or Zentharin Hideout (the loot of vendors in this game sometimes are radom..), when yu get there just Lock pick the Door to get pingent for the Badass Hammer..
Pretty easy and dont have to kill nobody just the Gith.
(you will not need any of the other Stuff to unlock the Door Legit.. Just Lockpick and yu dont have to Kill the Birds.)
i Never went back to the birds after learning this.. i always just go there, take the pingent and walk in the Cresh slay evrybody and Leave.. all animals are safe with me.. lol
Yeah i have 500 hrs in this game going to 600 any other stuff yu may want to know i bet i can gave yu at least 3 or 4 ways of doing it.

Last edited by Thorvic; 22/10/23 09:10 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard