Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi! Any news about implementing "FSR 2" ? Three major patches and a bunch of hotfixes have already been released. And it’s still not implemented!?

S
stranger
stranger
S
I think the hotfixes for Minthara romance messed up some of my saves in Act 3 - suddenly I’m dating Astarion

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Splatterdemalion
I think the hotfixes for Minthara romance messed up some of my saves in Act 3 - suddenly I’m dating Astarion

It's the Mandela Effect. You were always dating Astarion; you just don't remember.

S
stranger
stranger
S
What with these dopplegangers running wild, you may very well be right

S
stranger
stranger
S
I got really excited by the possibility that full custom parties were finally a thing, and then I realised what it meant by "same restrictions as the player character."

Hopefully in a future patch, I guess. Fingers crossed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you for all the hard work Team Larian!! Keep up the awesomeness. smile

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by vx_phoenix_vx
Thank you again for all the hard work, Larian! 2 hot fixes in a week! You guys are great!

People like you are unreal. If Larian were great they wouldn't need two hotfixes in a week. That's nine hotfixes and three patches in two months.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Beechams
Thank you again for all the hard work, Larian! 2 hot fixes in a week! You guys are great!

People like you are unreal. If Larian were great they wouldn't need two hotfixes in a week. That's nine hotfixes and three patches in two months.

Basically what I said on their Reddit feed and got a bunch of down votes by the fanboys.

Don't get me wrong, I love Larian for what they gave us with the Divinty games, but this game was clearly not ready to be released.
How can you be in Early Access for 3 years and still release in this poor state?
How can you release a patch with 1000+ fixes and then in your next major patch have another 1000+ fixes and try and say with a straight face this isn't still a beta release?

I'm already predicting that Patch 4 will have almost as many fixes and their big addition will be nothing more than a Photo Mode which adds NOTHING to the game.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tom Imp

Basically what I said on their Reddit feed and got a bunch of down votes by the fanboys.

Don't get me wrong, I love Larian for what they gave us with the Divinty games, but this game was clearly not ready to be released.
How can you be in Early Access for 3 years and still release in this poor state?
How can you release a patch with 1000+ fixes and then in your next major patch have another 1000+ fixes and try and say with a straight face this isn't still a beta release?

I'm already predicting that Patch 4 will have almost as many fixes and their big addition will be nothing more than a Photo Mode which adds NOTHING to the game.

If you don't understand the scope of this game (bigger than Starfield and Diablo 4), why make comments like this? Why talk about things you don't know much about? Yeah the game isn't finished, because it is way too huge, but I am happy, was getting tired of all the other games without any real substance. If that is your jam, sure, nothing wrong with it. A lot of people like games like Skyrim. But try to understand how big this game is. Maybe they should have waited one more year before releasing, still it is in a way better state than a lot of other triple A games.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Thanx for fixing the nudity thing smile

As for the whining people on here whining on about features that was not there from the start and was never promised. Just ignore them. They bought the game knowing full well what features are in the game and what is not. If they want new features they are welcome to ask politely. But no they act like entitled children when they don't get what they want.

J
J
Originally Posted by Draganta
If you don't understand the scope of this game (bigger than Starfield and Diablo 4), why make comments like this? Why talk about things you don't know much about? Yeah the game isn't finished, because it is way too huge, but I am happy, was getting tired of all the other games without any real substance. If that is your jam, sure, nothing wrong with it. A lot of people like games like Skyrim. But try to understand how big this game is. Maybe they should have waited one more year before releasing, still it is in a way better state than a lot of other triple A games.

Big is absolutely no excuse for unfinished and in a state that is barely acceptable for a beta phase. And BG3 is by far not as big and complex, as you make it to be. A good comparison would be the Pathfinder games, with tons more classes, mechanics, spells, weapons, armor, characters and so on, a crusade mode on top and other gimmicks. They were released in way better state by a smaller team.

The software in modern day cars is pretty big, or in commercial airplanes. Would you fly or drive around in something needing a thousand bugfixes a week? Probably wouldn't be acceptable. Now, a game is not dangerous when it is buggy, but that doesn't mean anybody has to accept paying quite a lot for an unfinished product. I have stopped playing. Once again. After "Patch" 3 killed all my saves and some bugs effectively stopped me from progressing in act 2. Started a new game with Patch 3 and found act 1 one in a worse state than it has been before.

It is great, that Larian is reacting fast and it is absolutely ok that a game like that comes with bugs. But the bug fix counter is around 5.000 or more since release and every patch introduces new problems (which says a lot about how well structured the code internally is) some of them game breaking. So at least I am beyond accepting this. I'm angry, I'm disappointed and wait for something like a Definitive Edition, as I can't refund it.

stranger
stranger
To those bitching about hotfixes...almost every other game I've played in the last 20+ years have waited on 'hotfixes' and just added them to the next patch. Hotfix releases were reserved for game breaking bugs ONLY. Most times, the devs would simply roll a release BACK and take another run at the bugs NEXT month! So yeah, imagine how you people would then be bitching and whining then! If you had to wait a month or two to get ANY patch out. But you can't make some peeps happy.

I guess I'm just old and sure, I remember when games were released in a more 'polished' state but that was because they couldn't be patched afterwards! I remember Sierra Games sent me a "patch" on a CD! Bethesda sent me (gasp) a floppy disk to patch my Wayne Gretzky Hockey 2 on the Amiga...a month in the mail just to patch a game! Yeah I'm that old...so, there is no way am I gonna cry and complain about this dev team working and releasing pieces as they get them fixed.

And please, keep up the great work!!!

I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not entirely what I meant.

It's interesting to me that, in this day an age, people can still not understand technology.

Tech isn't perfect. And game devs that have already made their money have almost 0 reason to fix something after its broken.

Games are not made like they used to be. The tech is more complicated, it's harder to predict how it will react and some of the bugs, glitches, and needed fixes you all bitch about ISN'T happening to the vast majority of people playing.

So, Larian doing best-efforts to fix what they legitimately have no incentive to do, cause they've made their millions and its obvious people will continue to whine till the end of days, is a pretty awesome move that should be commended.

For those of you who need an idea of how difficult it is to do any of this, pay attention to indie devs or small teams. Compare size and scope, engines and smoothness. Even with decades of time, a smaller more passionate teams, and a small scope of game, THEY ALL RELEASE WITH BUGS. And they aren't half as good or in-depth as this game is.

If you're mad games are releasing with bugs with the multitude of platforms it has to contend with with the multitude of moments games have to now account for, then I'm sorry, video games aren't for you and maybe you should stick with comfortable 80's technology.

#JusticeForAstarion
M
stranger
stranger
M
So, when are we getting the kobold playable race? That's honestly the one thing I want from thins game, and it's still not in! I'm more disappointed with every patch and hotfix...

Also, why's just about every weapon stowed on the back? Longsword and shorter should be on the belt. Try and pull one out from a scabbard on the back. Or do they just stay there with magic? I'll fight anyone who disagrees!

B
old hand
old hand
B

It's interesting to me that, in this day an age, people can still not understand technology.

Tech isn't perfect. And game devs that have already made their money have almost 0 reason to fix something after its broken.

Games are not made like they used to be. The tech is more complicated, it's harder to predict how it will react and some of the bugs, glitches, and needed fixes you all bitch about ISN'T happening to the vast majority of people playing.

So, Larian doing best-efforts to fix what they legitimately have no incentive to do, cause they've made their millions and its obvious people will continue to whine till the end of days, is a pretty awesome move that should be commended.

For those of you who need an idea of how difficult it is to do any of this, pay attention to indie devs or small teams. Compare size and scope, engines and smoothness. Even with decades of time, a smaller more passionate teams, and a small scope of game, THEY ALL RELEASE WITH BUGS. And they aren't half as good or in-depth as this game is.

If you're mad games are releasing with bugs with the multitude of platforms it has to contend with with the multitude of moments games have to now account for, then I'm sorry, video games aren't for you and maybe you should stick with comfortable 80's technology.

What condescending nonsense.

Nothing is perfect but somehow your mobile phone works, passenger aircraft work, washing machines work, your PC works, your socks work.

Games are not not made like they should be because gaming in not regulated in the way other sectors are. Game developers get away with things other types of company would not. Also imagine if Microsoft soft released, say, a version of Office that was in this state people, including the likes of you would be screaming about it.

You have exactly zero knowledge of how hard or not Larian are working on any of this. Larian are still making money from BG3, and have the XBox release in mind, which is why they are knocking out these sticking plasters.

Larian chose to make this game and make it in the way they did. Larian were not a big company when they started out and only grew because their ambition got the best of them. Hype aside, the game is not particularly special or ground-breaking in any department.

When I went to secondary school pocket calculators were the latest big thing. I retired from work as an IT technician and I have been playing computer games since before PCs.

Owlcat's Rogue Trader releases in the next week or so, let's see how that does. Meanwhile you stick your nose back up Larian's jacksie.

B
old hand
old hand
B

What condescending nonsense.

Nothing is perfect but somehow your mobile phone works, passenger aircraft work, washing machines work, your PC works, your socks work.

Games are not not made like they should be because gaming in not regulated in the way other sectors are. Game developers get away with things other types of company would not. Also imagine if Microsoft soft released, say, a version of Office that was in this state people, including the likes of you, would be screaming about it.

You have exactly zero knowledge of how hard or not Larian are working on any of this. Larian are still making money from BG3, and have the XBox release in mind, which is why they are knocking out these sticking plasters.

Larian chose to make this game and make it in the way they did. Larian were not a big company when they started out and only grew because their ambition got the best of them. Hype aside, the game is not particularly special or ground-breaking in any department.

When I went to secondary school pocket calculators were the latest big thing. I retired from work as an IT technician and I have been playing computer games since before PCs.

Owlcat's Rogue Trader releases in the next week or so, let's see how that does. Meanwhile you stick your nose back up Larian's jacksie.

M
stranger
stranger
M
So you're a retired IT tech, who doesn't understand that tech goes through testing? Got fired a lot, didn't ya? Also, in retirement, people often get left behind from the current times, so there's that too. The more moving parts there is, the harder it is to make bug free. Phones still often have bugs. So do passenger aircraft, washing machines and PC's. For example, it's not too long ago that phones were blowing up in peoples pockets. They ain't perfect either, my man.

BG3 is actually not that simple to code. You'd know that, if you knew about game development. So bugs are bound to appear, and when they do, you deal with them. Considering the state of many other games of similar scope, BG3 is actually pretty bug-free, wouldn't you say? I would. So they obviously have worked a lot on it to get it to that state. Whether they're working hard right now is up to debate, and doesn't really matter in the long run.

And your comment about having been playing before PCs is a point for...? The tech and games have evolved so far past the times before PC, that they can't really be compared, now can they? There was a time when free games were distributed in magazines for the reader to copy on their own. If memory serves, that was somewhere along the lines of 2 games per page, if you squeezed them in. That's veeeery different from modern length of game code, so it's not even comparing apples and oranges. It's comparing modern watermelon to those they painted 200 years ago.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Just one question. Is the saving bug which kills saving after trading fixed? Haven't played the game since Hotfix 6.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Phones don't have bugs?

The iPhone 15 had overheating issues and Apple had to patch it.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by euph
Meanwhile, while we get hotfixes with cosmetic changes, my game (GOG) is still on patch 2, hotfix 5, because of the game breaking bugs that don't get fixed (companion/custom tav AI breaking when dismissed outside camp, ox killing Dammon, getting stuck at the créche, etc). Indeed, next, please make a hotfix that makes Yenna's cat blue, and Raphael's hair polka dot. disapprovegauntlet
Really? Yours is still on P2? My GOG has been up to date all along. Could it be a difference of launcher, maybe? If you're using Galaxy, try going with Heroic instead. I use that one, and no issues with late patches.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard