Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
I think we're missing the obvious, folks. Intellect devourers don't even have teeth. Are we all going to sit here and pretend like Gale doesn't know that?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lyelle
Gale might have been able to escape from a damaged pod while our character was still unconscious, and I would not blame him for not checking too long if our character is really dead, not when there are intellect devourers around.
But there is another part of his introductory dialogue I found a bit suspicious, when your character is a wizard or a sorcerer. Gale says “There's a gust of weave about you, but it’s a mere breeze. I need a tempest. It’ll have to wait. The primary need is a healer.” Considering what we learn about Gale's condition later: would he have somehow tried to use our magic, if we were more powerful, like he does with the magical artefacts? I was wondering since a sorcerer's magic is described as inborn and a part of them, but I do not know if there would be a possibility for him to do so at all.

Wait, are you saying that he would have literally devoured my sorc if he thought it would had staved off his hunger? That's it, now he will definitively not get a sneak peek underneath my robe! A true shame as well. He does have a very attractive body.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JandK
I think we're missing the obvious, folks. Intellect devourers don't even have teeth. Are we all going to sit here and pretend like Gale doesn't know that?

Good point wink I thought maybe Gale didn`t mean it quite literally. But maybe he really is not telling the truth - for whatever reason

old hand
old hand
You don't need teeth to nibble, you just need a mouth :P

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
You don't need teeth to nibble, you just need a mouth :P

Gotcha!

Intellect devourers don't have mouths, either. What exactly are you trying to hide, Dexai? Or should we call you Gale, hmm?

old hand
old hand
Of course they have mouths, intellectual ones

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Wait, are you saying that he would have literally devoured my sorc if he thought it would had staved off his hunger? That's it, now he will definitively not get a sneak peek underneath my robe! A true shame as well. He does have a very attractive body.

He does indeed. And I do not know if some kind of magic absorbing from people is even possible. Maybe I'm just too mistrustful and everything's perfectly fine wink

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lyelle

He does indeed. And I do not know if some kind of magic absorbing from people is even possible. Maybe I'm just too mistrustful and everything's perfectly fine wink

Oh, he was already on thin ice trying to mansplain magic to her laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh, he was already on thin ice trying to mansplain magic to her laugh

This, and the thing with "a gust of weave". I could imagine my sorceress's face when he said that... and a tiny little flame dancing on her fingertips, barely held back laugh

Jokes aside, and on a more general note: I like the character writing for all of our companions we`ve met so far; I think they are very interesting, complex characters. I think it is a good decision that the alignment system is not used; at least to me, it is too simplifying. I like that our companions seem to have their traits, ideals, bonds and flaws instead, just as you would use them for your character in 5e.

And the voice acting/performance capture is just perfect.

I would like to write more about it, but I´m just too tired right now smile

Last edited by Lyelle; 27/11/21 12:36 AM. Reason: Some additions
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard