Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Arcturus
Just one question. Is the saving bug which kills saving after trading fixed? Haven't played the game since Hotfix 6.

This is mainly a mod issue, but it works fine for me now.
(I updated a mod and I think the last hotfix did something too).

Thank you again, Larian, for a job well done!

stranger
stranger
Please stop saying this was a mod issue. Players without mods and on the PS5 were having this issue. It was a vanilla game bug that originated from the changes made to traders.

I speak only from my experience and for me the save issue was gone as soon as I deactivated my mods.
So i am very confidant that it was a Mod issue for me.

Also, it doesn't really matter anymore, it is fixed.

Last edited by Roland1405; 08/10/23 07:57 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Quick question... if we change our avatar's name in the Magic Mirror, does that also change the name with regard to the save game files? Does it create a new saves folder?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Any words on fixing the boats please? Pretty sure this happened on Patch 3, all the boats are now very weirdly positioned.

Eg: Grymforge boat is rammed all the way into the stone dock with the guy with spiders. Boat from Moonrise to Last Light is stuck on the roof of the inn

Not really high priority, just looks weird smile

Last edited by Aries_cz; 08/10/23 06:50 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
There seems to be a bug on certain spells that prevents them from being recast. To my knowledge, the spells that are affected by this are Hunter's Mark, and Speak with Dead. I hope this gets patched in the future now that it's been brought to light.

stranger
stranger
Now it seems to me for sure, it is necessary to ban you

Multiplayer IS A DISASTER.

An incredible oversight for a D&D game.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING about it?

Last edited by Commodore_Tyrs; 09/10/23 08:11 AM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by euph
Originally Posted by Commodore_Tyrs
Multiplayer IS A DISASTER.

An incredible oversight for a D&D game.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING about it?
Care to elaborate? I don't think anyone here can read minds.

I think he is referring that someone from Larian dev team comply broke split screen. Now no one can play split screen.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=910605#Post910605

I reported this on the same days as hotfix was deployed . And I asked to roll back to patch 3. I whould be not suprised if PS5 will remove BG3 from they store. I really hope this will not happen. But they did this with Cyberpunk to. Somone need to fix this fast. Before it have some consequences.

But the current meta is on forum that if you report something game breaking the BG3 soccerfans will come and beat you. Even if you are want to prevent the huge catastrophic consequences.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 09/10/23 01:18 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Any idea if we'll get new spells like Erupting Earth? It's just a favorite of mine and I'm hoping it gets added one day.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I've had some fun with the game, but I've reached a point where the blank / black map and minimap issue makes it more trouble than it's worth to play. I'm out, mail me when the maps work again.

O
stranger
stranger
O
So, another bug fixed by modders: Companion AI breaking up when dismissed to camp and not following anymore when put in party again: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/3078

That's 2 major bugs being solved with mods by now (Dammon dying and the AI). Now, if the modders manage to fix the weird "stuck in the créche" bug, maybe I can update the game.
I had that bug too today for the first time but Im not using the mod to fix it. It fixes one thing and breaks groups in camp. I don't want people following me around in camp. The modder said he won't fix it. I think its more like an side effect of the fix and he can't fix it. So its fixing a bug and causing another.

D
stranger
stranger
D
still nothing on ox killing dammon i see, i guess i'll just continue on this playthrough without him. If it comes out hopefully it also allows me to revive him because i unknowingly saved after the ox killed him

O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Osculim
I had that bug too today for the first time but Im not using the mod to fix it. It fixes one thing and breaks groups in camp. I don't want people following me around in camp. The modder said he won't fix it. I think its more like an side effect of the fix and he can't fix it. So its fixing a bug and causing another.
Because unlinking the group is so hard, isn't it? The author finds it funny to have the team following, big deal. I'd rather have to unlink the party at camp, than having to move one character at a time, all the time, because their AI is broken.
Sure its not hard. But why do I have to put effort in to fix a bug caused by something that is supposed to fix a bug. Its the principle of the thing. If that happened in the base game people would be shouting bug bug bug. But hey you do you. Also that bug only appeared when installing party limit begone. I removed it problem fixed.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I don't know if it's a bug in the game or if it's designed that way, but after failing a self-repeat challenge, it fails to retry that challenge to get the orb.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by douglascoffee
still nothing on ox killing dammon i see, i guess i'll just continue on this playthrough without him. If it comes out hopefully it also allows me to revive him because i unknowingly saved after the ox killed him

I started a game on hotfix 8 after having one on hotfix 7 get the Dammon bug.
Reached Last Light today and the Ox and Dammon were all good.
Haven't updated to hotfix 9 as of yet and probably won't until I get some games already running finished.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Well to be honest for me it never happened I don't know why.
But today I did a little bit research.
I found this but I think it's 10 days old.

So for someone hou still have this bug mybe it will help.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 10/10/23 05:08 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
I'm playing it on a PS5. I can't really add mods. But thank you for the suggestion

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Salo
  • You can now use the Magic Mirror on hirelings.
Good first step ...
Now allow us to change their Race. ^_^

Otherwise ... there is little to none use for this. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Not sure where to best document this but someone found a rare bug in BG3, Wizards cant further levelup if they already know all, or all but one, spells in the game, since you're forced to pick two new spells and then there arent any, or only one: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=912166#Post912166

E
stranger
stranger
E
Hello,

Since that update, the Larian Launcher don't even launch on Ubuntu. I don't know if it's due to the update, but I reinstall the game 3 time today and check the file integrity a lot of time, and I'm still unable to launch the launcher.

Is there others on ubuntu here with a similar issue? Or no issue at all?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard